Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Is there anyone here who has read about or can disprove teh resurection of Jesus to satisfy a court?

Is there anyone here who has tried to disprove it for themselves? If so, what were your results?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No more than anyone can prove it. It ain�t about evidence, it�s about faith. Why do so many seem to need to �prove� their belief in God?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That pretty much sums it up.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well, gentlemen, it appears both of you are generally ignorant of legal historical evidence. I listened to a lecture on legal historical evidence today. That makes me a national expert! Do you fellas beleive in Abraham Lincoln? How about Napolien? Alexander the Great? All these people are proved to exist from legal historical evidence.

Christianity is not based, for the informed person, on blind faith. For some it is; and that is O.K. for them. Just as blind faith is O.K. for you guys.

According to some of the greatest legal minds who have tried to disprove the resurection for themselves, they have become ardent followers of Jesus.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
srp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Depends entirely on the jury.

A fool uttereth all his mind - Proverbs 29:11
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
See there Steelhead, we�re ignorant. I learned from him earlier that �heavy genetic loads� shorten your lifespan. At least he concedes it�s ok for the rubes to just have blind faith in God so we don�t need to grasp why Newtonian physics breaks down at the precise point needed to keep anything from being further than 5000 light years away and screwing with his �legal historical evidence�. Kinda like how physics change when you raise your scope mounts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Is there anyone here who has read about or can disprove teh resurection of Jesus to satisfy a court?

Is there anyone here who has tried to disprove it for themselves? If so, what were your results?

As a starter, could you prove the existence of Jesus to satisfy an independent court ?

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure could.
Just ask Tacitus, or Josephus.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
All I know is if the bastard returned we would kill him again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
All I know is if the bastard returned we would kill him again.

(ummmmmm,,,,,,,,,,I think you might go to hell for saying that.....I dunno...Im a drinking baptist so Im not on the fast track myself but WOW..Im not gonna push it that much! eek

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's ok, can't fathom an eternity with the 'saved'

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That's ok, can't fathom an eternity with the 'saved'

LOL it just might beat the hell out of the option.

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I still have time, all I need do is acknowledge Christ and screw over everyone else, that should get me in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 340boy
Sure could.
Just ask Tacitus, or Josephus.

I am not a scholar of those things, therefore I have to rely on the scholarship of others and a critical reading.

It appears that the authenticity of the text attributed to Tacitus is questionable and that, even if the authenticity could be established, it does not lead to a substantial proof of the existence of Jesus, whose name is not even mentioned in the "Tacitus" text.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Jesus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Tacitus_on_Christ
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/tacitus.html

Similarly the text of Josephus which refers to "James the brother of Jesus" does not give a clear indication that this Jesus (with a brother!!!...) is the one us Christians are looking for.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus#Reference_to_Jesus_as_brother_of_James

Sorry, but it appears that the "court" is likely to reject what you cite as historical evidence.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The American Justice system must accept the historical existance of Jesus, other wise there would not be much point in requiring folks to swear on oath on the bible when they take to the stand??

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's not on the Bible in the Commonwealth of Va,Pete.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obama hasn't got you using the Koran already has he??? grin

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think the court would toss out the case because you don't have "standing".

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
LOL....here the clerk has the witness raise their right hand and asks "Do you swear or affirm that you will truthfully testify under penalty of perjury" or some similar version of that recitation. I wonder how many jurisdictions still ask for the oath upon the Bible. My guess it is not too many in the states, any longer.

How do they accomplish it in your country,Pete?

Last edited by isaac; 05/10/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Issac,

I hate to say this on the internet, and on this forum too, but I really don't know! grin (Does Rick ban people if they admit they are not "experts" ? grin )

I believe the usual way is taking the oath on the bible, but I think there is provision for just taking an oath similar how you guysdo it, or using some other "holy book" if you are of another faith...

Regards,

Peter

Last edited by Pete E; 05/10/09.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,937
Posts18,519,017
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.