Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I don't know, Pete. Seems to me if you don't know, that means you've not been in a courtroom. Seems a good kind of ignorance, to me.

Have a good day,Pete!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
In common law legal systems, a precedent or authority is a legal case establishing a principle or rule that a court or other judicial body utilizes when deciding subsequent cases with similar issues or facts.

The Uniform Determination of Death Act
The National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws in 1980 formulated the Uniform Determination of Death Act (UDDA). It states that: "An individual who has sustained either

(1) irreversible cessation of circulatory and respiratory functions, or
(2) irreversible cessation of all functions of the entire brain, including the brain stem is dead.
A determination of death must be made in accordance with accepted medical standards."

This definition was approved by the American Medical Association in 1980 and by the American Bar Association in 1981. Today all fifty states and the District of Columbia follow the UDDA as a legal standard of death.

The issue is going to be with picking the jury.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If over 500 witnesses attest to seeing something happen in a Roman court, it's established as fact.

1 Corinthians 15:1-7, "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles."

Also, Pliny & Mohammed mentioned Jesus in their writings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
All I know is if the bastard returned we would kill him again.

According to what they have printed here in the program, y'all are going to try to kill him again, when he so rudely interrupts the Battle of Armageddon, but they say the result will be a little different this time. Not a lot of details.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm sure it'll be entertaining.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trolls head MRI????[Linked Image]

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One man's troll is another man's treasure.

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NurseKat

(ummmmmm,,,,,,,,,,I think you might go to hell for saying that.....I dunno...Im a drinking baptist so Im not on the fast track myself but WOW..Im not gonna push it that much! eek

That's okay. You are welcomed to the Otherworld with the Goddess and the Faeries if you don't make the other place. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe in Santa Claus even if I can't prove it. grin

Boy, you Christians are really getting desperate.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have never tried to disprove it, but as a Christian who is not blessed with the gift of unquestioning faith, and I do think it's a gift, here's what bothers me:

Why did Jesus' appearance change so that even his own disciples did not recognize him after the resurrection (Mark 16:12). If you were a lawyer trying to argue that He did not return to life, wouldn't that passage right there give you a lot of ammunition?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
McInnis,

I enclosed the heading from a private message I sent to you. The lecture I listened to yesterday had several examples like this one. If there are other posters who are interested, let me know and I will send you a copy also.

A small intro to Simon Greenleaf. In 1842 he wrote the three volumes on evidence to be used in courts in the United States. His volumes are still used in law schools today to teach students how to properly access evidence.

Testimony of the Evangelists by Simon Greenleaf (1783-1853)
Greenleaf, one of the principle founders of the Harvard Law School, originally set out to disprove the biblical testimony concerning the resurrection of Jesus Christ. He was certain that a careful examination of the internal witness of the Gospels would dispel all the myths at the heart of Christianity. But this legal scholar came to the conclusion that the witnesses were reliable, and that the resurrection did in fact happen.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
Is there anyone here who has read about or can disprove teh resurection of Jesus to satisfy a court?

Is there anyone here who has tried to disprove it for themselves? If so, what were your results?

Why would a believer or disbeliever even try??? WTF is the point? You either believe or you don't. It's a spiritual thing. Kinda like theoretical quantum physics... grin
There has been more than one occasion in modern times where a person has been pronounced dead by a physician & then found to be alive while laying in the morgue...If you believe in God, Christ, Mohammed, Allah etc...more power to ya...My personal belief is that religion overall is nothing more than a tool of mans creation in an attempt to gain power over others and it has worked marvelously for that exact purpose & nothing more.

Of course there is another plausible reason....could have been some good shrooms...

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
You can't prove or disprove the resurrection in court in the USA because you can't examine any witnesses. Hearsay evidence is not admissable.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
"There has been more than one occasion in modern times where a person has been pronounced dead by a physician & then found to be alive while laying in the morgue..."

This type of "resurrection" was very common in Europe until the 19th century or so. It's where we get our phrase, "the graveyard shift."

During the Middle Ages, corpses were sometimes disinterred to make room for others. It was sometimes found that the "dead" people had scratched away at their coffins in a futile effort to escape. So...they started burying people with a string attached around their finger. The string led up to a bell on a stick by the grave. Someone was delegated to stay in the graveyard all night for a few days so they could disinter the person if they regainewd consciousness and the bell rang.

Also I believe the original term "wake" referred to a period of watchfulness before they buried the body, to make sure the person had actually died.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

A Sarah Silverman fan.

- Tom

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude

(ummmmmm,,,,,,,,,,I think you might go to hell for saying that.....I dunno...Im a drinking baptist so Im not on the fast track myself but WOW..Im not gonna push it that much! eek

That's okay. You are welcomed to the Otherworld with the Goddess and the Faeries if you don't make the other place. grin

They probably wont have me either..... wink Im no goddess and NOT a fairey so Im not sure what they would do with a slow talking chick from Alabama....LOL

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well Ringman it appears you really are serious with this thread so I'll give you a serious answer. Before you can prove the resurrection you would have to prove he died.

There is sufficient evidence out there if you care to do the research to to questioned whether he even died in the first place. Many historians do not believe he died. If he never died he could not rise from the dead.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

They probably wont have me either..... wink Im no goddess and NOT a fairey so Im not sure what they would do with a slow talking chick from Alabama....LOL

Ya but you are highly intelligent and beautiful. That's two big pluses right there. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ya but you are highly intelligent and beautiful. That's two big pluses right there. smile

Well if that is the entry criteria maby they would let me be the doorkeeper or something?? Im keeping my fingers crossed that I will spend the after life with the rest of the good ole Alabama Baptists. wink

-Gen. Patton
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kat will have plenty of privacy and space because he will put all the Baptist by themselves.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why do you say that? Its the Church of Christ folks who think they are the only ones going. LOL

-Gen. Patton
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 47 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,756
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.