Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 177 of 1,842 1 2 175 176 177 178 179 1841 1842
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
confused

Last edited by mrsnortherndave; 05/11/09.

"I'm not crying!!"
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good gawd that looks like fun....Congrats to you guys on the fish.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Tom tzone 1,Tom turkey 0

We had a great week of turkey hunting this year. I got a nice bird on Friday AM at 5:20. He came down 100yds in front of me, and I called him in to 25yds, and that is as close as I was going to let him get. He strutted the whole time. I gave him a quick put to break the strut and hit the go switch on the Rem 870 20ga A load of Hevi-13 #5 did the dirty work.

He flew down off the roost on a place we call Roosting Ridge. Those little buggers roost up there in the evening, then fly down and get the heck out of town. The don't hang around long on this ridge, they just dissapear. If you don't spook them, they keep comming back to the general vicinity.
[img]http://[IMG]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/Turkey056.jpg[/img][/img]

21.5#, 9 1/2" beard, and 1" spurs. A pretty good bird, for me anyway.

[img]http://[IMG]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/Turkey066.jpg[/img][/img]

The hill in the background is about 150yds from the bottom to the top, and about 100' high from the bottom. A real neat place and fun to sit at. The green on the ground in the background, is wild Leaks. They taste and smell like onions, and yes we did have them with turykey. smile

My BIL got his first bird yesterday morning as well, but I don't have pictures of that yet. The hunt with him was the MOST FUN hunt of any kind I've been on to date. It was like it was right out of Mossy Oak T.V. So congrats to him.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Awesome!! Sure looks like fun, congrats on a great bird!!

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Chicken Buck clan - Great fishin! I recognize those two blue silo's in the pics of bangflop. Did you launch at that access 18 miles east of Baudette?

I talked to my buddy that I went to the Rainy with on opener last year. Him and his uncle went this year along with his brother and nephew. On saturay, he and Unc boated 71 walleyes and his brother and nephew boated 127. He said several were in the 24 - 28 inch range. Wish I would have gone now but I had alot to do at home in preperation for my tree's comin in. I had to put brushes in my tractor starter so I could get the ground worked up and yesterday I spent time with Special K and the kids for mommy's day. It was a good weekend.

Tzone - Awesome bird! That looks like a blast!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Tzone - Awesome bird! That looks like a blast!

It was a blast for me, not so much for the turkey. For anyone who hasn't done it, I highly recomend it. It is more fun than deer hunting IMO. Notice the sun shining...grin I put my camo back on for the pics, but it was only 72* F outside. grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Congrats Tom.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks Bill.

I also took my son out hunting for the first time. I will put those up soon. Probably tomorrow. He only lasted about a half hour, but he sure wanted to shoot a turkey.

He found a gun laying on the ground when we were walking in (stick) so he shot a bear out of a tree. He has better eyes than I do because I didn't see it.

I think I have him hooked now, he asked me last night if we could go hunting again. smile

Made me smile like heck.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bear in a tree? ruh-roh, sounds like you may have a flying bear infestation.

looked at 19 houses over the weekend and put an offer in on one. Unfortunately, the seller is the only jackass in America who thinks it is a seller's market. So he can keep his abode and we will turn to plan B.

found one we really liked, our jaw dropped on the quality. Brand new home, 2800 sq ft total. A little smaller than we would like with 3 kids. A little more $ than we wanna pay. But really nice. If it had a basement instead of a crawl space, I think we would do it. My dad keeps telling me we need a basement for the kids and their buddies to go and hang out. There is a space upstairs, but not a huge space. Not like an basement rec room. So we are stuck.

there is one more that we like as well. I dunno.

My motto is: "easy to buy, hard to sell, take your time". However, our closing date is June 25 and that is coming up....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Bear in a tree? ruh-roh, sounds like you may have a flying bear infestation.

looked at 19 houses over the weekend and put an offer in on one.

You sir, are a glutton for punishment. Yikes, that is a lot of houses.

Defenitaly not a sellers market, make him wait, he'll see where the bear schits in the woods.

Mini-man likes hunting, with sticks or guns,(and toy weed wackers), he said it doesn't matter to him. I'm glad he made it as long as he did. It was 40* and rainy, and he still wanted to go. MY BOY!

Nobody was happier than his dad, I promise that. I'll have some pics tomorrow if I remember the camera.

Last edited by tzone; 05/11/09.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
remember the camera! i cant wait til my boys are that age. you must be wearing a grin all day like I am (cuz I get to move). Just think if it would have been nice weather!

What does Mama think of her lil boy out huntin' with dad?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The start of great memories for both of you.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh I took the camera...I just forgot to bring it to work.

Not really sure what mama thinks. He is her baby, but he is also all boy. So far he has taken to hunting, but fishing he doesn't care too much about. Riding in the boat OTOH is another story. That boy lives for anyting with a motor. I mean anything, lawnmower, chain saw, boat, cars, ect...

My daughter is opposite. total girl, doesn't like slimy, creepy crawlers, or hunting...but the girl can fish, and loves to do it. No matter what, I'm still a proud papa. smile The luckiest one there ever was I'd saw.

Last edited by tzone; 05/11/09. Reason: I'm retarded

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hang in there Berettaman you'll find a home that will fill your needs. Don't see many homes with just a crawl space in this area.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here is a picture of the mini-man on his turkey hunting adventure. Candy bar face and all. smile

[img]http://[IMG]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/TurkeyHunting2009011.jpg[/img][/img]

He ran that box call for 10 minutes straight. Then finished it off with " turkey's...where are yoooouuuuu!" and they still didn't come in. He couldn't figure it out and decided they were still in bed...which wasn't a bad idea, because it was 40* and raining out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
" turkey's...where are yoooouuuuu!"

the only logical explanation is that all turkeys were out of earshot. i dont understand how any self-respecting turkey wouldnt come running to that call.

now we are considering building. been there dont that 9 years ago and we love our house. so......

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Are you going to rent til she's built? Or go pre fabbed?

If pre-fabbed, check out Wausau Homes or Stratford Homes. They have many many models,from 900 sf - 5000sf. Nice stuff too.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
yep, we will rent.

We will build on site. My uncles is a builder, two cousins in the trades, etc. Quite a few connections in the area.

Found a house today we kinda like that is a lot cheaper but would fit the bill. we could finish the basement and sell that when we build. hmmmm.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great calling technique. I'll have to give it a try, might have to spice it up a little though.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
At least if you build you'll get what you want.

Page 177 of 1,842 1 2 175 176 177 178 179 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 1234, 01Foreman400, 160user, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.