Print Thread
Hop To
Page 180 of 1,842 1 2 178 179 180 181 182 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

fun weekend, me & the boys went out to camp yesterday & stayed the night. My oldest boy invited one of his friends.

A few pics of our camp weekend.

if you don't want to mess around pulling trucks with tractors & such then you have to take the right truck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

pair of honkers nesting out at the cabin.

[Linked Image]

our supper (no it's not the goose in the previous pic grin )

[Linked Image]

adventure... grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Time out, run to the store for ice cream treats & smores makins.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_0647.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_0643.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_0652.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_0654.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_0656.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_0663.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'll bet that group talks about this for a long time to come.
I'm glad to see you use a good brand of Graham cracker.Made in der voods by little elves.
I got word that my 45-70 is ready at the gunsmith's.I'll go over in the morning and see if he has done all I wanted.If so I'll bring it home and mount the K-6 El Paso Weaver and bore sight it.
I have been looking for the correct rifle for this project for seven years.Then it is load development time.I'm going to stay with 300 grain jacketed HP bullets but they are gonna be sho nuff "thumpers".
We've had rain here all week end.Need it.
Good pictures,Dave.Thanks.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pictures Dave. Looks like you had better weather then we did. High winds, 30mph gusts and cold. Saw a few snow flurries Saturday morning. Temp made it up to 51.

By-the-way, is that your project truck Browny?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah that's ole "browny"

we got into the 60's today but it was windy here too.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Man I like that truck.

I'm going to guess the best part of the weekend for the boys, was the mud ride in and out of camp. smile

Is there fish in that creek? or just a fun little adventure?

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
there are some minnows in there, transported by geese & ducks I suppose since it doesn't flow or connect with anything.

Yeah the boys liked the mud run. It got a little bouncy though, we figured out in a hurry that seat belts were a good thing for the boys grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Minnows, eh? mebbe a sunny or crappie should find its way into said pond! You are gonna pay all year for making those ruts though I bet. Sure was worth it I bet though.

Well, we found a lot. Gonna do a purchase agreement on it this week and then we are off and running. Gonna build pretty much the same home we have now. Or as my wife says, we are gonna build a big garage with a small house attached. Start thinking about all the little tips and things you guys would include in a house. I wanna make sure I include everything I can think of and afford. One example is having a light switch that controls a bunch of lights next to my bed so I can reach it from the bed. Here are pics.

The family checking out the lot:

[Linked Image]

View of the lake:

[Linked Image]

View from the street:
[Linked Image]

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
very cool.

kind of looks like you might have some maple trees around there?

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I wish. I think they are all oaks and ash. Though I didnt taste every one. I would love to tap a few maples and make syrup. It would be a great kids activity. I might just have to plant me some.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
just lookin at a couple in the lake view picture thinkin maybe maple. would be neat.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
sweeet!

I'd just skip the house and build the big garage! grin

Do you have covenants there, or restrictions on what you can build? I'd build the biggest garage you can, and then the biggest out building you can. I'm having that problem now. I'm tryin to pimp mama into moving in the woods.

We don't live in the city, but we have neighbors that are within 150-200' each way. Way too close.

Plus, me and the boy need room to play with our toys.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
a few covenants. Garage must be over 800 sq feet...like that will be a problem. mine will come in about 1400 methinks. can build up to 3 outbuildings, for a total of 1500 sq feet. that should be fine. I am thinking about just getting a nice 12X16 lawn shed in addition to the garage. then, if i have to down the road, I can build a second garage. or, if i win the lottery, i could build a 30X50 shed that will house the camper. oh, and i forgot this part....my dad lives on the same lake! He has the perfect lake lot, while ours, obviously, has a bank.

man oh man, i am getting excited already.

Dont forget the tips fellas, I know with the minds that visit here there has to be some grande ideas. Well, on second thought, knowing the minds that visit here, all I will get is: "buy a second fridge to store the beer".

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I would be looking into *passive solar*. Let the sun provide some of the heat by orienting your building in the correct direction and building exterior walls that gather heat during winter. No sense spending a fortune heating it.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice lot.

Tip #1 Build an even bigger garage

Tip #2, get a third frig unless your a tea toddler.

Tip # 3, see tip # 1.

Tip # 4 get a tractor. You'll need it to clear all the snow from from all your garages.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, any luck fishing?

Went up to Three Lakes today to cut up some downed trees for a friend. Really quiet. Only saw one boat out on the water and hardly any activity around the cottages.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
She was a rough one Bill. I deserved some fish for effort. Friday we got on the water just in time for the wind and rain. Reports were fish were biting like crazy until 130pm. We got on the water @ 2.

We had 3 eyes and I lost a 26+"er. All the bites were just lite "taps". They were deep 20-30' down on sunken bogs. Marked a ton of them on friday, they just wouldn't eat. We bounced them off their noses, but just the few takers. Saturday, I woke up to a light dusting of snow, and a constant 20mph wind with gusts to god knows what. We fished from noon until 10pm. The eye's weren't cooperative, but the norhterns were going nuts, so we fished for them. They were biting everything we threw, but most came on a Magnum Rattle Rap. All but 1 were cookie cutter 20" hammer handles. I got a 25 yesterday, but tossed him back. Did have a Muskie follow, that made the heart tic a little quicker.

So no 1/2 dozen 28"ers, but you have to wish big. smile

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
So, what is the slough/creek they are canoeing in?
A creek leading to the lake?

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by LouisB
So, what is the slough/creek they are canoeing in?
A creek leading to the lake?

it's just a ditch that was cut across my swamp, the peat slop runs fairly shallow across that swamp then it's sand under the slop, the sand was scooped & piled to make my "road" across the swamp.

it doesn't go anywhere, but it's probably about 400 yds long. good for the kids to practice in.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ND, pic of the boys in the truck gave me a good chuckle. Ford should have sold matchbooks for the wing window as a factory accessory.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was waiting for someone to recognize that old school modification.

Shoulda figured you'd pick up on it grin

Something clever here.

Page 180 of 1,842 1 2 178 179 180 181 182 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,312
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.