-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
SAra Beth's graduation went beautifully. Thompson High School graduated bout 400 kids in 62 minutes, thats student speech's, a song from a choral, the board of education speech, principal's parting words and then the actual commencement. It was held at The University of Montevallo, the univ Sara Beth has been attending since the 9th grade of high school. She did, in fact, complete her freshman year of college while in high school. We were thinking that she would have to take a summer term to get enough credits but she did not. I cant tell you all how proud her father, her brother, Tyler, .280Rem (Jim is Big Daddy to the kids), and her aunts and uncles.....along with all the doctors and nurses I have worked with who have watched her grow up over the years. As I type this, she is at the beach in Florida with 5 other girls having the time of her life away from Mom's watchful eye. She drove down yesterday and had a safe trip. She got all the typical warnings and speeches. Natalee Holloway's family lives about 10 miles from us so we are constantly reminded of what happened to that child. Her dad arranged for her and her friends to have a nice 3 br condo for 7 days in Orange Beach. We didnt want her going to Panama City Beach, where all the other hellions her age would be. She SO appreciated the trip as a gift. We filled her little HOnda Accord with gas and junk food, gave her a credit card to buy gas on and more food when needed. She has been on several trips, and even out of the country at age 13, on a missionary trip so I think she will be fine. I want her to have fun but stay outta trouble!!
So......here are a few snap shots of the big night,,,,!!! Thanks for indulging this proud Mama!

SAra Beth is on the left.
[Linked Image]

Before we left home.

[Linked Image]

Lining up to march in the colliseum.

[Linked Image]

Some of these are dark..sorry. The kids in the blue stoles are the valedictorians/salutatorians (sp?). Sara Beth is the blonde with long hair......yeah, its a back of the head shot.

[Linked Image]

SAra Beth walking off the stage after getting her diploma.(Thank God all the kids with high GPA;s went FIRST!!!)

[Linked Image]

MAde that son of mine put on a tie for his sistah's big night!

[Linked Image]

My baby,,all grown up!

[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/kathyransomrn/028-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/kathyransomrn/029-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/kathyransomrn/030-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/kathyransomrn/031-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/kathyransomrn/032-1.jpg[/img]

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congratulation to her . Now she is getting ready to enter the real world

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Can see the family resemblance for sure -- congrats to her and you for a good job well done.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Congratulations to Sara Beth and to you! Not many kids these days, or any days, graduate HS and have already finished their freshman year in college! That is impressive, but from all the braids and stoles around her neck, I can understand why. You have every right to be a very proud mama! You both did real good and she's as lovely as she is accomplished. Best to her, you and yours.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations! My daughter graduated two years ago {that long already?} so I know how it feels.

Deus Juvat

IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nice pictures - happy kids.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
Congratulations to Sara Beth and to you! Not many kids these days, or any days, graduate HS and have already finished their freshman year in college! That is impressive, but from all the braids and stoles around her neck, I can understand why. You have every right to be a very proud mama! You both did real good and she's as lovely as she is accomplished. Best to her, you and yours.

She is a great kid for sure. She recieved 2 Presidential scholorships,she was awarded 4 partial scholorships for honors societies, and was offered about 235K in scholorship money. She accepted a full ride to The University of Alabama in Birmingham to the UAB School of Medicine. She is on a fast track to get through undergrad and into med school in 2-3 years. Since her freshman year of college is completed, Im hoping she can get it done quickly. however, Im really stressing to her to enjoy college and not be in a race to finish. I want her to to have a real college experience and enjoy her time in undergrad. Grad school will be very difficult and time consuming. She needs to enjoy the here and now......adulthood and responsibility comes way too fast.

-Gen. Patton
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congrats to your daughter.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Congrats to your daughter Kat, bet she is thrilled it is over. But has it sunk in that the real schooling is about to begin yet? Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I keep telling her its just began for her...but when kids get about 13, parents know NOTHING, couldnt posibly know ANYTHING about going to college,..never mind the two degrees I earned while changing her diapers..then her brothers. I know absolutly nothing about college. So life will have to teach her that lesson.

-Gen. Patton
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by NurseKat
I keep telling her its just began for her...but when kids get about 13, parents know NOTHING, couldnt posibly know ANYTHING about going to college,..never mind the two degrees I earned while changing her diapers..then her brothers. I know absolutly nothing about college. So life will have to teach her that lesson.

It's a good thing we all listened to our parents when we were that age eh Kat. grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Great pictures, I can see where she gets her looks from.

And as far as knowing it all, I was quite surprised how smart my parents got as I got older, especially when I got a job and moved out, they were actually right all those years.

Live and learn.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks for sharing, Kat. Definitely see where she gets the good looks. She's a strong testamony for her parents strength an guidance. Now, as long as she took plenty of sunscreen with her. Looks like burnable skin to me. smile

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1minute, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,910
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.