Hop To
Page 183 of 1,842 1 2 181 182 183 184 185 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It was good, real good weekend.

He's been trying to get a turkey with his bow. Been real close several times but they bust him on his draw.

Something clever here.

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, We've got Zone 'A'.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There was an article in the local paper today that said the sate wolve population jumped 16 to 21% last winter. Not surprising due to all the reports of wolves showing up in Southern WI.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Boy we sure got a mess of rain up this way. Came home in the rain last night & it just kept dumping all night. Ditches are full & running fast, fields are soaked. I'm going to have to put a pair of rubber boots on tonight when i get home before i go out in the woods to look for morel mushrooms. We must have gotten close to 2" of rain!

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Boy we sure got a mess of rain up this way. Came home in the rain last night & it just kept dumping all night. Ditches are full & running fast, fields are soaked. I'm going to have to put a pair of rubber boots on tonight when i get home before i go out in the woods to look for morel mushrooms. We must have gotten close to 2" of rain!

Send some our way Dave, we can sure use it. Rained some overnight, but didn't get all that much. Going to be cool here today and Wed. Might see 60 for a high.

How's the morel picking going? You can send some of them our way also.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've been away from home for the long weekend & got in late last night so I'm not sure on the mushrooms but it is time. They weren't up yet last friday but I expect I should be able to find some tonight.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We're getting the rain now Bill. Lots of it. Is it missing you guys down there. Wierd if it is.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Is bangflop using a blind? If he's using a bow, you pretty much need to, or they'll bust you on the draw. As he is finding out. Could even be a brush blind of some sorts. Or he could lower that draw wt, and hold it for a while before they are into range.

You shoud go with him Dave, they you'll be down here hunting them with the crew...quite addicting.

Hope he gets one.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
We're getting the rain now Bill. Lots of it. Is it missing you guys down there. Wierd if it is.

Tom, not doing much here at all, just a light sprinkle.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Took the words out of my mouth Tom. Maybe that is something that Bangflop can use some of his gadyeation money on. You can get some of them for around $100.00. Wouldn't have to be a $400.00 Double Bull or anything for turkeys.

Congrats Boy on graduating! This is the start of a long and hopefully succesful life. Just do one thing...weather you choose college or not, find a job that you enjoy going to everyday. Don't "settle" in other words. It will probably take a few tries but be persistant in your goals and what you really want to do for the rest of your life. Otherwise you'll end up sitting behind a desk like me! wink

Dave - It was good to see you, Pam and the kids again. We will have to make some plans to spend a weekend or two at the shack-a-lacka this summer.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you come on up we'll do some wheelin.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

And that is just to get back to the shack...2" of rain on that sucker won't help matters any eh?

What the heck is bangflop up to these days? Is he working, going to college, some of would like to know. smile

He hasn't posted in a while.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Griz, minnows and nightcrawlers. Fathead minnows or shiners, it doesn't seem to matter. Half a nightcrawler dangling on a #6 hook sometimes outfishes the minnows, but most trips the minnows are preferred. Raystown Lake has a huge food base of landlocked gizzard shad and alewife and every predator in the lake is targeting it as a primary food source. I think that's why the minnows are such good perch bait.

I fished with hellgramites in the Susquehanna River for smallmouth bass when I was younger. It was (is?) the best bait for them. On days when plugs, jigs, minnows or crayfish couldn't buy a bite, a hellgramite on a light wire hook would always come through. My grandfather used to say that the only smallie that won't eat a hellgramite is a dead one!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IS THAT A SUSQUEHANNA HAT???

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Speakin of wheelin. I forgot to tell you this weekend that my back right axle broke at the knuckle. Lucky our 13 year old was driving at the time so she was going slow. Others in the family don't putz around as much if you know what I mean. It jammed up and cranked her to the side of the road. I can't imagine if that would have happened to me or Karen going 55 mph....

So, with all yourn Polaris wisdom, can you just replace that knuckle like you would a U-Joint or do I need a whole new axle assy.?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Whew...lucky man, you are. Glad she's OK. Funny you should mention broke Polaris'. I was giving my son a ride on Grandpas yesterday and the the lt front wheel locked up. He said it was stuck in 4x4 the other day, but he had it unstuck.

Same deal here...we were going slow in the yard at the time. 10 minuets earlier, I was going down the road. No noises, no creaks, nothing, she just locked up.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Forgot. I don't know the answer to your question. Sorry Rooster.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's an independent rear suspension unit right?

Those are CV joints no?

Depends on where it broke but you are likely looking at a whole new shaft assembly on that side.

I wonder if the boot was torn for a while & maybe you didn't know it?

Tom,

Bangflop says his computer is all screwed up at home.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The captain on the left & one of his best friends on his right. We're rather proud of both of them. Good kids.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sweet. I remember that day, wasn't sure it was going to come. smile

Congrats Boy! I guess we can't really call him that anymore can we?

Last edited by tzone; 05/27/09.

Page 183 of 1,842 1 2 181 182 183 184 185 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,464 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.