Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
http://hammerproject.org/

This is the wording of our petition to get Thor's Hammer
added to the Veteran's Administration list of Emblems of Belief:

We, the undersigned, understand that most often it isn't until a soldier or veteran dies
and the family makes the request that a new symbol is taken under consideration.
However, no man or woman, who is willing to lay down their life for this country
and it's citizens, should ever have to go into harm's way not knowing whether or not
the symbol of their belief will be allowed on their headstone.

We also understand that the Asatru Folk Assembly, an IRS recognized 501(c)3 organization,
has requested that Thor's Hammer, Mjolnir, be added to the list of approved emblems
for use on government provided headstones.

There are Asatru followers who are right now in Iraq and Afghanistan and others
that will be deployed shortly. They and their families deserve to know that,
if they should be killed, Thor's Hammer will be allowed upon their
Dept of Veterans Affairs provided headstone.

It took eight years and a court battle after the death of a Wiccan soldier
before the Pentacle was added. That shouldn't happen to any soldier's grave.

No Christian goes into battle without knowing that a cross, of their choice,
will be on their government provided headstone. We are asking that one symbol,
Thor's Hammer, of the Asatru faith to be added to the approved list.

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
its thier stone. i couldnt care less it they want a upside down burning cross on it. A man fought and died for the country should be allowed his choice of religion. even if it differs from the accepted christions view of this country.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
yeah, put like that you have a point.

Meat is Murder
tasty, tasty murder
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is the muslim's half moon and star next?

If so, can the next one PLEASE be the democrats sickle and hammer?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Is the muslim's half moon and star next?

why not?

are you saying that any religion other than your christ religion produces people who are incapable of military service to the betterment of the country?
So you want a 100% jesus military?
whites only or can blacks and hispanics join?
what about catholics?
can catholics fight for the constitution or just protestants?

Ignorant FK.

Jack C. Montgomery. A Cherokee from Oklahoma, and a First Lieutenant with the 45th Infantry Division Thunderbirds. On 22 February 1944, near Padiglione, Italy, Montgomery's rifle platoon was under fire by three echelons of enemy forces, when he single-handedly attacked all three positions, taking prisoners in the process. As a result of his courage, Montgomery's actions demoralized the enemy and inspired his men to defeat the Axis troops.

Ernest Childers. A Creek from Oklahoma, and a First Lieutenant with the 45th Infantry Division. Childers received the Medal of Honor for heroic action in 1943 when, up against machine gun fire, he and eight men charged the enemy. Although suffering a broken foot in the assault, Childers ordered covering fire and advanced up the hill, single-handedly killing two snipers, silencing two machine gun nests, and capturing an enemy mortar observer.

Van Barfoot. A Choctaw from Mississippi, and a Second Lieutenant in the Thunderbirds. On 23 May 1944, during the breakout from Anzio to Rome, Barfoot knocked out two machine gun nests and captured 17 German soldiers. Later that same day, he repelled a German tank assault, destroyed a Nazi fieldpiece and while returning to camp carried two wounded commanders to safety.

Mitchell Red Cloud Jr. A Winnebago from Wisconsin, and a Corporal in Company E., 19th Infantry Regiment in Korea. On 5 November 1950, Red Cloud was on a ridge guarding his company command post when he was surprised by Chinese communist forces. He sounded the alarm and stayed in his position firing his automatic rifle and point-blank to check the assault. This gave his company time to consolidate their defenses. After being severely wounded by enemy fire, he refused assistance and continued firing upon the enemy until he was fatally wounded. His heroic action prevented the enemy from overrunning his company's position and gained time for evacuation of the wounded.

Charles George. A Cherokee from North Carolina, and Private First Class in Korea when he was killed on 30 November 1952. During battle, George threw himself upon a grenade and smothered it with his body. In doing so, he sacrificed his own life but saved the lives of his comrades. For this brave and selfless act, George was posthumously award the Medal of Honor in 1954.

Arlington National Cemetery (ANC), Headstone Cleaning
Solicitation Number: W91WAW-R-0088
Agency: Department of the Army
Office: Defense Contracting Command-Washington
Location: Contracting Center of Excellence, Army Contracting Agency (ACA)
**SOC ENTERPRISES, INC.**
Native American Owned, American Indian Owned, Service Disabled Veteran Owned

Good enough to scrap the bird [bleep] off your christinan soldiers headstones but not good enough to have thier faith regarded as valid when they throw themselves on a greande?

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ignorant FK.
You certainly are.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
Ignorant FK.
You certainly are.

really.
apparently i know a little more about it than you...
Available Emblems of Belief for Placement on Government Headstones and Markers per dept of Vet. Affairs

MUSLIM (Crescent and Star)
MUSLIM (Islamic 5 Pointed Star)

perhaps if you'd pulled your head from the sunday school lesson and served in the military you would have seen some of the actual headstones of real men.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Keep on proving it if you care too, but it's not necessary. You proved who you are very early on.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Although I am not a Pagan but a Christian, I think that anyone that fights and dies for this country should be honored for their sacrifice.
JMO.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
im not the one who thinks its OK for someone to fight and die to protect your right to practice the religion of your choice but then not be able to display the religion of thier choice on thier tombstone.
cut it how you want it thumper, thems da facts.

ricky probably agrees with this...
[Linked Image]

hey archhunter...
why dont you go piss on this soldiers headstone since it doesnt JIVE with your myth..
[Linked Image]
20 years old!!!
BRONZE STAR!!!
Purple heart!!!
WTF have you done?

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I see a pole dancer in the United Methodist symbol, a guy with his head on fire for the Unitarian flaming chalice and I'm going to hell.....

Meat is Murder
tasty, tasty murder
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin

What would you like on your headstone, Ringworm?

Did you ever notice that countries which are not predominantly Christian show very little in the way of creativity? Productivity? America, the most predominantly Christian nation, has the more patents than others, usually by a very large margin and we're the most productive and wealthy country this planet has ever seen (was, anyway, before we started turning our backs on God). Also, countries that aren't predominantly Christian tend much more to be third world [bleep]. Evere wonder why that is? It's a matter of blessings and cursings.

Here is what I would like my tombstone to read when time comes to place it above my corpse:

Here lies
xxxxx xxxxxxx.
He's dead.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
makes no difference to me what a man puts on his headstone.

no reason to get Thor about it. wink

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
grin

What would you like on your headstone, Ringworm?

[Linked Image]

I think all religions are equally ridiculous, but that doesnt mean i discount a persons rights to practice it.
I only discount people who think thier religious beliefs give them special rights.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"hey archhunter...
why dont you go piss on this soldiers headstone since it doesnt JIVE with your myth.."

I don't believe (belief is an action) that I have any need to piss on anyone's headstone. The only headstone that's of any importance to me was rolled out of the way a long time ago. Incidentally, it's the one you seem in need of pissing on quite frequently. lol.

I think all religions are equally ridiculous, too. There are no special rights afforded any of them. Christianity is not a religion, however, and the special benefits and rights are clearly spelled out. Religious people (including athiests) cannot understand that because the word of God is spiritually discerned and they do not have a living spirit inside them to discern it. They exclude themselves from any and all comprehension as well as any reception of any of the blessings or benefits by their own choice and their own voice.

Many religions on this earth at this present time claim to be Christian in nature, but they're not. There is only one qualification. Ability to understand that one qualification is the only thing in the entire book that a non-Christian is able to understand. Until he accepts and receives that one qualification understanding of the rest is unavailable to him and will always remain so. He can only guess about it and make an effort towards mental understanding, none of which will be fruitful no matter how much he thinks he knows. So long as he rejects it, he's left in the dark no matter what he does. And I do mean left in the dark.

Last edited by Archerhunter; 05/28/09.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by RickyD
Ignorant FK.
You certainly are.

really.
apparently i know a little more about it than you...

It's not about what you know, it's about how you conduct yourself, which is typically rude, vulgar, and obnoxious. And for nothing. Your insults carry no weight without respect and you engender none. I would much prefer to like you and enjoy your participation, but that is simply not possible with the level of angst you project into most threads. I prefer to believe there is a side to you that demonstrates a bit of kindness and respect for others and one day you will allow it into your posts. Soon I hope.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree, Ricky.
If Ringworm would show some respect and kindness, I would be more willing to listen to what he has to say.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by 340boy
Although I am not a Pagan but a Christian, I think that anyone that fights and dies for this country should be honored for their sacrifice.
JMO.

Well said.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by 340boy
JMO.

Well said.

These threads are always interesting.
What becomes obvious is that any viewpoint is acceptable except a Christian's.

Retired cat herder.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (25aught6, 10Glocks, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 61 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,375
Posts18,527,446
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.