Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
eddief Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I am currently providing cerakote and KG coating, bedding, trigger work...etc. I feel my prices are fair and my work will speak for itself.

Complete full builds will come in the near future when I purchase my mill and lathe. Thanks for looking and feel free to call with any questions.

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eddie - You been doing your own builds?

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I think you need to check with Rick Bin about advertising here... Good for you opening the business but just thought you should know about contacting Rick regarding advertising.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
E
eddief Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by mtnman1
I think you need to check with Rick Bin about advertising here... Good for you opening the business but just thought you should know about contacting Rick regarding advertising.

All square with Rick. That's why nobody has heard a peep from me because I wanted everything to be done right before I even talked about it.

Daveh-- I've been doing everything but chambering, need a lathe and mill yet, but that will come in the near future. The lefthanded rifles on my webpage are some of my personal rifles. I Will have pictures of others I have done up there when my wife gets them on the site. Without her I'm not very savvy with the website stuff.

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You have always had some nice stuff Eddie and chambering a rifle isn't rocket science but making sure the chamber is concentric with bore and perpendicular to bolt face is important. Doing them for yourself and doing it for joe smoe is different. Not saying you can't but doing a couple for yourself and doing 50 or 100 for others is different.

I guess you must have a machinist background or you wouldn't be trying this??

Dave

IC B2

E
eddief Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Dave,

Thanks for the concern, I know my skills and limitations and will not put myself over my head.

You're right about the chambering, it's not rocket science and keeping the chamber concentric with the bore and perpendicular to the bolt face is paramount, but not hard to do. Even more so IMO is making sure the throat is cut dead nuts concentric with the bore, for a perfect bullet engagement.

As far as background goes, I'm not a machinist per trade. I have taken machining classes in college and will actually continue even further because I enjoy it.

I am not naming names but I have been and am still being mentored by one of the best rifle-smiths out there IMHO, and I believe this in itself is the absolute best way to fly. I'm just thankful that I have this opportunity.

In the end I just want to simply provide some of the best rifle work that can be had to people that love this sport as much as I do.

Forgot to mention that a link to my website is in my signature! Thanks!!

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good deal Eddie. Am I reading that you will be cutting the throat in a separate operation? Lots of guys are led to believe that is the norm and it isn't. Most chambers are done in one swoop which is ok if the throat on the reamer is right for "your" application. Cutting it separately is best if done right.

Not really concerned but just throwing out questions. If you are being mentored and have a good knowledge of maching AND (most importantly) have a attitude that "good enough" isn't good enough you'll be soon VERY BUSY.

Like I said your stuff always appeared top notch.

Dave

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by eddief
All square with Rick.

Good deal. Suspected that was the case, but wanted to throw it out there. Prices look good and I hope everything goes great. One minor thing... I'd dump the sound on the website... That is really annoying if you're trying to look thru prices and such. Other than that the site looks good. Good luck with it.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
E
eddief Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Dave,

In regards to the throat area, I was referring to dialing in the throat area specifically before it is cut. This details much more than just running a range rod in and dialing off of two spots and calling a barrel ready to chamber. I'm not going to go into great detail, but I believe you're on the right track.

One thing is for sure, good enough won't keep you in this business and that phrase isn't in my vocabulary...well maybe when hanging curtains for my wife (grin).

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
E
eddief Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
ttt

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have been in correspondence with Eddie. Very motivated and outgoing guy.; I need to send him some business...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good Luck Eddie. I'll send you some business once I get a few McM stocks in hopefully very soon. Just remember me when you get insane long waiting times....(grin)

E
eddief Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
ttt

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have seen Eddie's work first hand at the range. His rifles look great and shoot even better!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by kampfeld
I have seen Eddie's work first hand at the range. His rifles look great and shoot even better!

That's a helluva an endorsement, right there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eddief

I am not naming names but I have been and am still being mentored by one of the best rifle-smiths out there IMHO, and I believe this in itself is the absolute best way to fly. I'm just thankful that I have this opportunity.

Originally Posted by kampfeld

Did that make anyone else go hmmmmmm......

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yep.....Hmmmmmmmmmm cool

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Eddie - best of luck with your new venture; work on your site looks great! I'd agree, Hmmmmmmmm.....

Hey Karl, how's the boolits flying these day my friend?

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Helluva endorsement is an understatement. Having Karl post that on here is almost like....well you get the picture. smile

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
smile

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.