-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
OP Offline
A
By way of introduction: I run a small Hunting Outfitting business, am not a soccer fan and until today knew only the year of the event. Now I also know the dates: From 11 June to 11 July 2010! But I do not know how this event is likely to impact on my business or my clients.

"If you don�t know for sure, then ask!" This was one of my mother�s favorite sayings. Now I don�t know for sure how the events around the FIFA World Cup Soccer Tournament in June & July [a choice hunting period] 2010 will affect me and my little Hunting Outfitting business. This realization came while I was replying to an enquiry received from a potential client: I simply cannot really say how this, for South Africa, major event is likely to affect me when planning a safari for my clients.

The actual in the field hunting part is easy: There will be almost no effect! But what about f I also offer to also help clients plan a pre- or post- hunting period sightseeing tour? How else may I be affected? I don't know for sure and therefore want to ask in this general forum to get guidance from the combined wisdom of the members. Some questions that I wish to put into the discussion brew are:

Accommodation in National Parks and Hotels and B&B�s: How will the FIFA event affect availability of accommodation in, for example, the Kruger National Park?

Flight availability: How do you think international flight tickets availability will be affected? Can one with some confidence plan a hunt on dates suited for moon phase, rutting time and such considerations, and then be confident that you will get flight tickets suitable for those dates? Which travel periods should one avoid: Those at the beginning of the tournament when there are many teams playing? Or those near the end when there are many fans for the finals?

Positive spin-off: Is there any hope of getting client bookings from amongst the fans visiting South Africa primarily for the FIFA event? How do I get exposure for my business to these potential clients?

Be glad to hear your suggestions and opinions about these aspects. confused

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren
www.mclarensafaris.com

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Well, if it was me, and I was going to RSA, or anywhere in southern Africa, where I had to fly thru JHB, I'd be checking on tickets as soon as I put the deposit down on the hunt. I'd also make the stipulation with the safari company that if I couldn't get the flight times to correspond with the bookings, I could get my deposit back. No matter what, I'd book the flight just as soon as it becomes available, or I'd push the trip off to late July/Aug. or Sept. Just my thoughts, Andrew.

maddog

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,625 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.