Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 185 of 1,842 1 2 183 184 185 186 187 1841 1842
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I bid on several rifles but they went much higher than I felt I could afford.I did buy a "Cathedral style" radio at the auction.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My dad bought a stainless super redhawk in 44 mag with some nice NRA engraving or roll markings on it at one of those NRA dinners.

One year he got himself a really nice custom handmade knife, he usually has a good time at the dinners grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
SIL and I hit the water yesterday afternoon in search of bluegills. Ended up with 8 in the eight to nine inch range. Also had one bass and 2 hammer handles.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ours is usually pretty good times too.

Senator Russ Decker always shows up and does what politicians do and generally drives us all nuts. He has been run off from our table from two of our very opininated instructors. Qutie fun to watch, becasue it always seems to after the whiskey has flowed a bit. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Were you on the River Bill? Those are some nice gills. Were they on the beds yet?

Memorial Day weekend, we fished gills. There were still scattered. They were on shore, but just one or two near the beds, not fast and furious by any means.

I plan to hit it Saturday for sure, hopefully Sunday too. If I fish half days, it keeps my good standing with mama, and the pleasure boaters get pretty thick around noon on Dubay any way.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, we were on Fish Lake just outside of Hancock, Gills were not up on beds yet. Depth ranged from 3'-5'. We caught them on leaches and wax worms. The trick was to use plastic and dress it with live bait. I used a crappie tube dressed with a waxie and my SIL used a 2" crawdad with a leach. It took us 3 1/2 hours to catch 8 fish so they weren't jumping in the boat. Also, we only caught one small gill that we released.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Similar results to what we had a few weeks ago, Bill.

We were using crawlers and slip bobbers. We had to move around for them. We got 10 total between two of us, I think we fished for about 2-3 hours.

The water temp last weekend was only 60* so it dropped 6 or 7 degrees.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Wabo has refound camp chickenbuck!!! Finally got the web working right again, Sorry I've missed out on sooooo much guys. I've got ALOT of reading to catchup with you guys.

It's been Crazy lately with all the normal honey doos, getting some siding picked up in the morning to start my next project. Work in general has been Real busy, and we just got back late lastnight from the city.

Kiddo after all this time had a Long 11 hour surgery day and is Finally home and doing better. They think they got it this time my fingers are crossed, she is asking for all kinds of food and color is coming back, sitting here coloring beside me at the moment. Sittin here with her after they just punched a hole through her heart with a needle and did some burning around the entire heart to seal everything up is like a dream come true to me. She is still here with us in the living and HOME... Very busy but life is getting better.

I've thought about you all daily and Weezy my kiddo rememembered your spell last year and like your Good Daddy did for you. My kiddo has made me promise to get her a new gun as soon as she is able to pick one out.

I've got a Big garden growing this season, the cherries will be ready to pick in the next few days along with apricots, plums and pears soon to follow. I'm looking forward to enjoying some country life again and doing some canning, just grilled a Big supper tonight with the grandparents out to see the kids.

I had some tractor tread tires installed on the front tires of the mower while I was gone and while mowing late this afternoon WOW the mower grips better. Alot less backing up and repositioning to make turns around trees, took 20 minutes less time to cut the whole yard. Hint to you guys tractor tread is good.

Other then that I'm going to try and get back to normal now and I'll be around more so get ready guys I'm back along with THUNDER nanaannnaaa naaaa...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm happy that your little one is on the road to recovery.You have been missed and thought about.Welcome back.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That is great news Wabo, so happy to hear your daughter is on the mend.

Good news is far too rare these days, and that is better than good news, it's great!!

Welcome back!!

PS, totally unfair that you will be picking fruit soon, we barely have leaves on the trees here!! Spring is so late, this global warming is for the birds.

Something clever here.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wabo, welcome back. It's great to hear that kiddo is on the mend. We'll keep your family in our prayers.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I got a letter back from DNR concerning one of the tagged sturgeon we caught & released a while back here.

it was one of the bigger fish we caught. Last fish of the trip, Dusty caught it.

We had it at 56" with a 21" girth.

The fish was originally tagged July 1 2004... which interestingly enough was the 34th birthday of Dusty's son Which is "the boy"'s dad, my cousin. Our dearly missed family member that surely would have been with on that trip if he were still with us today. I'm certain he is with us on all of our adventures together but, you know what I mean.

The fish was measured & reported as 51.6 inches in 2004.

Another interesting fact is that the fish had not been caught in the time between july 2004 up until the day before we caught it...

yep, the fish was caught right there in the same area we were fishing on Saturday May 9 2009. I'd be willing to bet we watched it being boated & released by a boat fishing close to us on that saturday. That fish had a rough weekend, cought on hook & line after being freed from a net about 5 years earlier, released from hook & line only to fall for the same trick the very next day.

Dusty, it's no wonder that fish faught so hard on the 10th when you caught it, he knew what was going on because he had just did that whole thing the day before!!

The other guys reported the fish as a 60 incher, so either they didn't have a tape & gave it a generous guess or they had some sort of special fishermans tape measure with built in fish story compensation. grin

The fish grew about 4.4" between july 2004 & now, thats less than an inch a year.

Using the girth/length chart they provided the fish should have weighed 41 pounds & would have been around 30 years old when we caught it.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thanks guys!!! Sitting here having a cup of coffee and enjoying being in my own home with kids in the next room watching the tube together. I'll fixup an egg and pancake breakfest for them shortly and give kiddo the meds, then I promised a trip to the icecream shop in town this afternoon. We'll play some board games between breakfast and dinner after a quicktrip to the lumberyard it will be icecream time.

Dave that sounds like a Nice fish! Enjoyed readiing and seeing the pics of Browny in the mud with the boys in tow awhile back. I road in a 72 ford with a 390 totally restored last weekend and thought about your truck. The one I road in layed rubber for about 150 feet that truck has it! My cousin is also fixing to finish a redo job to his other toy a 68model GTO and it is SHARP. Mouth watering pretty Muscle car can't wait to get in it this coming weekend for a ride.

Sorry you don't have any fruit yet up there, heck I've been swimming already in the pool out back, had the air on for atleast 3 weeks now. Personally I'd rather have your snow like we used to get especially would like to be able to ice fish again. Maybe this year it will work out for you to send me a Real winter?

Bro in Law said we have a Bobcat with 3 cubs running around here and I saw a fox while mowing that thing was in my garden yesterday afternoon with my dogs barking at it 75 feet away. If it is here again I may have to put it down for fear of rabies as usually they are skittish of us.

I better get the eggs going, see ya afterwhile guys.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, your fish was a youngster. Sturgeon can live to be over a 100 years old.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Great to hear from you Wabo!!!!! You have been missed around here.

Great news on Kiddo as well. It gets me choked up to read about sick kids....I hate when kids get sick. They really don't know what is going on, and can't do much about it if they do. Maybe I'm just a big softie for kids. I'd rather be sick every day of my life if it ment my little monsters wouldn't have to be.

It sounds like you have a pretty good list of projects this summer Wabo. Makes hunting season come a lot faster when you have something to do inbetween, doesn't it?

Did you get a chance to go turkey hunting?

Glad you visited us, and things are going well. Do be a stranger.

Tom

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool Dave. I wonder if the other boat reported the catch to the DNR as well? Those buggers grow slow eh? Not even an inch a year.

BTW, I think I've seen those fisherman's tape measures. grin

Did you see the thread about a MN get togeter? Are you interested? I have to make some calls, but right now Silver Fox Lodge on Boulder Lake, (near your dad's place), is the front runner.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah i'm interested, I'll keep watching that post.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Wabo, welcome back! Congrats on your daughter's successful surgery. It's scary when one of your kids has a serious problem. I'm glad everything seems to be okay now.

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Dave, sorry winter is dragging it's feet up there. I have blossoms on my tomato plants already and have been picking strawberries for over a week. Yum, that shortcake is deeeeeliscous.

Gotta tell ya Dave, I was reading the newspaper comics the other day (just to stimulate my brain a bit, you know) and I was introduced to the "Mom rule", which seems to apply to you as well as the small boy in the comic strip. This rule, you see, states emphatically that "any action accompanied by the phrase 'watch this!' may only be attempted under the supervision of an adult possessing a first aid kit and emergency medical training. It doesn't say anything about holding the attempters' beer, but that would seem to be part of the oversight responsibility, if you ask me.

This oversight , although intended to ensure (somewhat) the long-term health of the person performing said act, could have another benefit. In the unlikely event that the attempter is actually successful in said attempt, a sane(?), sober(??) adult (agewise, at least), is present to witness the success and verify said fact for others. Not that you aren't totally believable on your on, you know!

Best of luck, Dave. Stay safe. I'm headed to Camp Mental Floss for a week to fish, fish, fish and fish some more. "Here, fishy, fishy, fishy. Come to my livewell!"

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ha!! Good luck Ron!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Hey, did I mention that the tri of Capt'n Bangflop, Uncle Dusty & myself were all successfull in the draw for colorado cow elk early rifle season???

Wooo!!

Something clever here.

Page 185 of 1,842 1 2 183 184 185 186 187 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, afisher, 7 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 825 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,324
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.