Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
The United States saved at least 10,000 lives by thwarting the Brooklyn plan to kill people during rush hour traffic, the attack on the Los Angeles library and numerous others, by using this method.

Watch this video for yourself and decide if lives are worth saving by putting terrorists through discomfort.

Playboy.com journalist Mike Guy underwent waterboarding by a trained member of the U.S. military in the site's new Lab Rat feature.

Guy bet that he could endure more than 15 seconds of the interrogation technique used by the Bush administration on Al Qaeda chief Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Zubaydah.

Watch the results:

http://content1.clipmarks.com/content/7E8ADC46-F3DD-4D6F-B184-3A07CF501B7C/

Final thoughts: Everyday when you are driving to work or sitting at home without worrying about being killed by a terrorist attack, remember this technique is what may have saved your life.

And remember the military/CIA guys who used the technique had one thing in mind: making sure you only have to worry about mowing your lawn and not have to worry about being murdered by Islamic Fascists.

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Here comes about 6 pages from the "give peace a chance" chicks!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It should not even be publically debated. It is not tourture. They had and we needed information that could and did save many American lives. Anyone who says we should not have done it nor should we do it again is a complete fool. Who knows whos loved ones may have been in harms way??? I'm one American not willing to take that risk. If it takes waterboarding to save Americans no problem keep it goin. If our Military, CIA & FBI find that waterboarding don't quite work do what ya gotta do and don't tell me. I'll be fine with it. Can you only imagine the finger pointing and accusations that would be flying if we had endured another attack on American soil!!! F*#k a murdering terrorist. They should have gotten in another business. American have gone soft and it is part of our undoing. 163bc

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wanna REALLY torture someone? Tie them in a chair and make them watch those "reality" shows on TV....... It won't take long, and they'll beg for mercy.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's amazing what people can convince themselves of. Prior to the Bush administration there would have been no doubt in anyone's mind that water boarding was torture.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
gosh.....what could have happened during Bush's presidency to make most people decide there are circumstances where such harsh interrogations might be necessary?

wait, wait...don't tell me.....

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Pity.............He looked like a frat boy, but apparently not. Must have been a drop-out.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You want to know what torture is? Seeing, and being dumb enough to actually look at yet another thread involving waterboarding. I'm done.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
gosh.....what could have happened during Bush's presidency to make most people decide there are circumstances where such harsh interrogations might be necessary?

wait, wait...don't tell me.....
So you admit it? This is a first. You are making progress, my friend.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you're projecting again...all I admitted is what I've said all along, that this is not even a close call on targets with live intel. harsh away, boys.

will file your protest in the appropriate place, as usual, Hawk.

did you see that Scotland Yard has apparently been doing a little suspect dunking? check Drudge.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Hawk:

I do believe you'd be willing to waterboard SteveNO, just to get him to say "Okay, okay, waterboarding is torture."

And then I suppose you'd have to say, "Oh, Steve, you're only saying that to make the pain stop."

- Tom

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Gee, we did it for 30 plus years in training before President Bush was in office and we didn't call it torture. Then again obama (the marxist) and other whinners call it that so there you are...jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I wonder if you waterboarded Obama, he'd admit to being an illegal alien, posing as President?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Jorge:

I don't have a problem with "interrogation techniques" that are culturally acceptable to the people we want to interrogate.

Arab terrorists often use cordless electric drills to interrogate prisoners. If that's acceptable to them, and to their religious leaders, I don't see how they have grounds to complain if we use the same technique.

- Tom

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Hawk:

I do believe you'd be willing to waterboard SteveNO, just to get him to say "Okay, okay, waterboarding is torture."

And then I suppose you'd have to say, "Oh, Steve, you're only saying that to make the pain stop."

- Tom
I'd sure respect his position on this topic a lot more if he'd admit it's torture.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Gee, we did it for 30 plus years in training before President Bush was in office and we didn't call it torture.
I assume you're referring to the training (which is by definition not torture) that we gave (and continue to give) our military personnel in preparation for the possibility they are ever captured by regimes that don't respect fundamental human rights as we in the United States do (or did).

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Insert broken record here, but since you are either historically ignorant, or so insecure you refuse to admit you are flat wrong, waterboarding as practiced by the japanese & others was to fill our POWs with water until their stomachs were on the verge of exploding then jump on them and kill them. They did that to hundreds.

We waterboarded three (3) terrorists, under the SAME parameters as myself and other military folks here to include medical supervision, suffering no injuries extracted information that saved American lives, perhaps in the thousands. If you can't comprehend there is nothing more to say. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
and, parentheses, any president who refused to do so should be impeached.....and if his refusal resulted in a preventable mass murder, he should be tried for treason. How's that.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hawk,

A couple things you might not have considered:

- The supporters of waterboarding emphasize saving thousands of American lives. Doubtless, thousands of 'combatants' lives are also saved. Information resulting in preemptive action certainly cut into the "Shock & Awe" campaigns.

- You consider waterboarding torture yet you support brainwashing a man, stripping him of his beliefs, his pride, his convictions - everything that makes him a man. You support twisting his mind to your benefit over the course of months.

If captured, I'd choose waterboarding and my dignity.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I agree with you that it is a form of torture, but I don't care, torture away.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (06hunter59, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1234, 219DW, 160user, 65 invisible), 12,195 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,255
Posts18,544,520
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.