Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 188 of 1,842 1 2 186 187 188 189 190 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman

[Linked Image]

Now that's a nice, clean 15 pound northern. Perfect white meat for eating. Those walleye are perfect eaters too. I could show you a couple of 15 pound northerns per day in several lakes right here in MN. If you want to put a few days in, I could almost promise you one over 25 pounds. I could show you 50 per day the size of T-zone's from a lake just down the road. And they wouldn't be diseased. No "cats" (bullhead) around either. No need to leave the great state of MN. whistle

There are many copies.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh boy Dave, Time to get the heart burn medication out.

And a big CONGRATS to Weezy to.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kinda reminds me of riding with my older sister when she was driving with her palms cause her fingernail polish wasn't dry yet. I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about though...:)

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Dave,

Weezy doesn't have a cell phone does she?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
unfortunately yes.

and yes i see where you are going with that and yes it scares the hell out of me.

those txt-ing buttons never stop on that phone, clicky-clicky-clicky...

Something clever here.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Dave - Courtney has a cell and a fresh drivers license as well. That was the very first thing we told her when we got her the phone for her 16th birthday in April. That she WILL NOT be talking or especially texting while driving. If she does, she loses the phone period. Better safe than sorry.

Congrats Weezy!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You're nicer than I am Rooster. The car would be gone with the phone, for a while anyway.

My wife drives me crazy with all the e-mails, texts, and calls while she drive. When traveling together, I drive, for the saftey of the whole family. crazy

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Picked up some more decent northerns yesterday. The biggest was 34" and the smallest was 24". Got a 1/2 dozen between two of us. Up at our camper on Nelson Lake, near Hayward.

Came off different cranks, but most were jointed Rapala's.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom any eyes?

Kicked the A/C on this PM to see if it works, it did. 80* and very humid. Didn't think we were going to need it this year the way things have been going.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
summer is here.

[Linked Image]

hydrate..

grin

Something clever here.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It was 94 degrees here today and very very muggy.Finally about 5PM we got a terrific 20 minute downpour and things cooled off a bit.To think I was considering watering my tomatoes this afternoon.
We have been in a drought condition for the past ten years which yesterday was declared officiually over.This Spring we have gotten way above average rains.The reservoirs were like 23 feet low and now are almost full.
Squirrels are ruining my bird feeders.They empty them daily and chew them up.Time for the old .22 single shot and CB caps.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 06/15/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Tom any eyes?

Kicked the A/C on this PM to see if it works, it did. 80* and very humid. Didn't think we were going to need it this year the way things have been going.

Got some eyes on Saturday AM before I headed up north. you know the lake. smile

Nothing serious. 5 eyes,12-17". Lots of boat traffic too, even early. We were on the water by 6am.

I kicked the air on when I got home too. This is the most humid day of the year I think so far. Don't care if it gets any hotter either. 70* is fine with me.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The .22 will work Stan, but the 45-70 will be a lot more fun. laugh

Might have a bit more bird feeder repair though.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
One of my old class mates was a cop. He used a 44 mag on chipmunks. Never had one charge him after being hit. laugh

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, unable to read the fine print on the bottle. Never heard of that brew. Where is it made?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, skip the reply. I just saw your other post on the campfire that id'd the source of the brew. Them canucks can brew up some good stuff.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
winnipeg

grin

A canadian hot rodder that came down across the border for our car show last weekend gave me a couple.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes,the 45/70 would definitely do the job.I have some .44 magnum rat shot which would work.Problem is I live in the city amidst a bunch of animal lovers.City ordinance does not allow shooting firearms in the city limits.Everything has to be very clandestine.Squirrels are kinda cute in a way but they are pests in the city.
Dave,I'll bet that beer is ALMOST as good as Yuengling beer.The bike is sure a looker.
I have never had to be burdened with a daughter texting or phoning while driving since mine are over 40 now and cell phones weren't around when they were teens.Weezy certainly needs to remember that care is needed when driving.Remind her that she means as much to us here as she does to you and Pam.My grand daughter here in town just turned 16 and she has her learner's permit.
I remember when my daughter,Rose,was taking driver's ed in high school(1979).I had a brand new Mazda pick up.They were learning on automatic transmissions and I decided she needed to learn to drive straight shift.I took her one Sunday to a large industrial park where there was no traffic on Sunday and put her behind the wheel to learn to operate a straight shift vehicle.I thought the clutch was going to get torn out till she learned to operate it.
Today I work at the gun shop where I am a part timer.Tomorrow if it doesn't rain is my normal Wednesday shooting range day.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stan , we have had a squirrel proof bird feeder similar to this one for close to ten years now.
Best I can recall only 2 squirrels figured out how to defeat it.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Stan, both of my kids learned to drive on a 4 speed 94 Rabbit. You're right about the clutch catching hell.

Years ago the German company RWS made 22 BB caps which were smaller than a CB cap. They went off with a very soft pop, but were very effective on cotton tails at 40 feet. I live in town and had a rabbit population explosion one summer. I took out over a dozen of them in my back yard. Had a good backstop. YMMV.

Page 188 of 1,842 1 2 186 187 188 189 190 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 1lesfox, 58 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.