Print Thread
Hop To
S
SeekHer Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Has anyone any experience with the Beretta UGB25XCel 12 bore only semi auto...performance, reliability, recoil management, fit and handling?

I'm totally enamoured. nay, awe struck with the design and have been since I saw and handled a 20 bore "http://www.cosmi.net/" at a gun show many years ago and this comes closet and for a third the price...

The catalogue specs and description are great but I'd like to get some opinions prior to me getting one sent to my dealer, where I would have to pay shipping/handling costs both directions and brokerage fees (if any), for me to get to handle it..

At this time, I am not interested in any other gun(s) other then a Cosmi--which I believe was the inspiration for the UGB and that one I'd order as a 16 bore--Unless there is another, similar design, that I'm not aware of! I/we have more then enough O/U, SxS and semi autos for all my/our shooting and hunting needs...

This is strictly for the three of us (me, myself and I) a want gun that will be used for its intended design, occasionally hitting flying clay circles and major, heavy duty bragging rights--if it's worth it!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Beretta UGB25

[Linked Image]
Cosmi

There is a certain type of mentality that thinks
if you make certain inanimate objects illegal
their criminal misuse will disappear!
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Have shot the Beretta at some 5 stand. Rather heavy in its current version which is essentially a trap gun. Does tame recoil rather nicely. The owner uses it for sporting clays and commented that function has been excellent. Be careful when carrying it around open. There are some sharp edges that can give you a good scratch.

I understand that a sporting clays version is due to be released soon.

Addition: Just reread your last comment about "bragging rights". I seriously doubt you will get much more than inquisitive short lived attention. Although functional and suited for its purpose, it definitely is not a pretty skirt. In the right hands it will break clays with exciting repetition. However, it is similar to a tactical rifle, functional but lacking symmetry. Then again just one individual opinion that you asked for.

Last edited by battue; 06/22/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,689
Posts18,513,578
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.