-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Guys we have been ordered out of our building immediately so if you need me please contact at home 281-337-1567. <P>Take care everyone,<P>Mel

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
These acts were carried out by cowards, killers of women and children and have done absolutly ZIP to further their cause, no matter what that cause is. My warrior heart screams for revenge but retribution on the wrong target is no better than what these wimps have done. They have awoke the sleeping giant and should tremble in their boots.

Shoot straight and often!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Local news here in Southern California states there are still some 50 domestic aircraft airborn. LAX is being evacuated, international flights are being diverted to Canada. Domestic flights are being diverted to Ontario, Calif. I live 5 miles from Ontario International. If any of you have family or friends stranded at the airport, don't hesitate in contacting me if I can help.<P>Philip L. Passmore<BR>(909) 460-0094<BR>cat1674concentric.net

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PhilNash, -- you can call these dedicated men cowards or anything else, depends on which side you are on. They gave their life for their cause, don't think I would call them cowards! They killed many of our people but we did the same thing in Japan. War is not pretty or compassionate, it is mean, cruel, unforgiving, gruesom, you do what you have to do to win and stop the threat. Let's all hope this is over and not just a beginning of many horrible things. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
U.S.& Mexico boarders are now closed. Port of Los Angeles, Long Beach & San Pedro are closed. I imagine Union Station, and all rail transportation is in termoil also.<P>Phil

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
NO: Disagree! They are cowards who attacked innocent men and women.<P>Religious fanatics who think that they will be Martyrs and live forever now that they gave their life for their cause.<P>Idiots and cowards.<P>This is not an attack on you in any way. But we disagree wildly on this subject.<P>I am furious we have d*cked around with Bin Laden for 8 years waiting for something like this to happen. It's time to hunt this dog down once and for all and kill the bast*rds responsible for this cowardly act.<BR>Tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
This I posted on another board, and sums up my feelings about what is happening:<P>Good God....How can someone be so inhumane?<P>Such evil...done in the name of God (Arabic = Allah). IF indeed the Arabs are dancing in the streets, if indeed the Arabs are singing the praises of the inhuman beasts who have done this.....God have mercy on them, for they have forgotten the wrath of an angry America.<P>For those of America who love peace, compromise: do you really think that people such as this can be reasoned with? Compromised with? Do you think that we can let the rest of the world go on without thinking it'll come home here? Have we forgotten the lessons of Pearl Harbor...that there are people and nations who hate the US, and will stop at nothing to destroy our nation, people, and principles of freedom? There is such a thing as evil....behold its very ugly face...done in the name of religion and self-righteousness.<P>Likewise, I am torn between extreme sorrow and extreme rage. If indeed it was linked to an Arabic terrorist group, then those governments who harbor them should be shown what the consequences are for making excuses for their "wayward brothers". The Arabs have had numerous decades to get there peoples to act responsibily toward the rest of the world; it is becoming clear they will not keep their people in line. The group(s) responsible, plus the government(s) who harbor them, should indeed feel the wrath of a nation sickened and angered over the cowardly cold-blooded murder of people simply going about the daily lives. This isn't a case of freedom fighting. It's murder, plain and simple, no matter what.<P>My prayers for all of us..especially those who have lost loved ones on this day. I'm hearing President Bush on right now, saying that an appropriate response to those responsible. I certainly pray this is the case. Foremost among them ought to be telling the Arabs we will no longer be needing their oil.....<P>Oh, the passion which flows today.<P>TXLoader

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greyghost, -- if I lived in Califorinia, today I would be supplying myself with sources of light and communication along with a source of water and food. If you lost power in CA., no 7-11s, or stores, no city water supply for who knows how long, no restaurants, no gas, no transportation. Time to wake up and use grey power. -- no

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
NO: Ever since the devistating Millenium(uneasy grin). I've kept two weeks dry food supply, propane stoves, water, and spare batteries. I'm in the process of converting computer battery back-ups into emergancy light back-up. Going out today, for more candles, and a wind up alarm clock. Have gotten quite experianced in taking the chain off the security gate over the last month, so I can get my truck out. I can do it in under two minutes now. I also have my 84 pound backpack sitting in my office next to the computer.<P>Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not in any way making light of this tragedy, but it is not the time to run around like Chicken Little and say the sky is falling. Metaphorically we have taken a sharp rap in the jaw, but it is still early in the first round. And we are the world champion heavyweight and they are flyweights, I'll bet on us.<P>With the possible exception of biologicals there is no chance of a few terrorists causing the kind of widespread disruptions that some are talking about. <P>Be calm, be resolved, be careful, just don't let their actions control your life. As Americans we will let our actions control theirs. <P>Mourn the dead, help the wounded and kill the perpetrators.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Cat, there's a great possibillity that this mornings deeds have caused far more death to U.S. citizens, than all 13 years of fighting in the Viet Nam War. I'd say we took a very large blow to the jaw, and should be very over precaucious.<P>Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CAT, -- no one is making light or yelling the sky is falling. We have experienced a severe terrost attack today and it is time for all of us to act responsibly. To do that we need to take action to protect and provide for ourselves. The government will have plenty to do without worrying about checks to social security if this is really an all out attack on our country. When welfare people get hungry they have a way of obtaining food from any source. Like I stated before, this is minor at this point, on the big picture, who knows what is to follow. Personally I think this is just an attack like other places in the world. Car bombings, the bombing of our Marine Compound some time back, the bombing of these same buildings with a truck bomb in the parking garage. The terroist have made a statement, what it is WE don't know at this time, and they are afraid to say at this time for fear of reprisals. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING AT THIS TIME. All we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I am out of this, I don't want a pissing match with anyone, have things to take care of myself. -- no<P>Can tell you this much, there were many foreign names on the planes involved, sounds like several made the final devotion.JMHO

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'm affraid of the worst. Both trade center buildings collapsed within an hour of their strikes. They say upwards of 50,000 people work in these buildings with 150,000 passing through each day. How many people can exit 100 floors of this kind of building with out the use of elevators. I've seen no pictures shown of any mass exiting, and everybody says they don't want to guestamate any numbers. It doesn't look good. I for one, feel very withdrawn, and prey for the victoms, and their familys. Knowing that the terror they went through was not ended instantly. I have no sympathy for those, or the causes of someone that can commit such crimes against humanity. Find-em, and elininate-em, one by one. Chase em to Hell, and bolt the door!<P>Phil

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Amen Phil.

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I repeat the sky is not falling and tragedy that is is, it probably did not take more than a couple of dozen men and possibly less to accomplish this and some are predicting the collapse of our social fabric over this?<BR>I don't think so.<P>Doesn't mean that I am not extemely angry, doesn't mean that I don't want revenge, doesn't mean that I am not extremely sypathethic to the wounded and the families of the dead, does mean that tightened security at airports will be a permanent fixture, does mean that life will go on and so will American society. Bet on it.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by need one:<BR><STRONG>PhilNash, -- you can call these dedicated men cowards or anything else, depends on which side you are on. They gave their life for their cause, don't think I would call them cowards! They killed many of our people but we did the same thing in Japan. War is not pretty or compassionate, it is mean, cruel, unforgiving, gruesom, you do what you have to do to win and stop the threat. Let's all hope this is over and not just a beginning of many horrible things. -- no</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi NO, long time no speak, hope you are well. Now then, I can call these "men" cowards all day long because the label fits those who would perform terrorist acts on innocent civilians that have no idea what "cause" these slime are killing them for. Which "side" has nothing to do with it. Cowardice knows no side. I tend to empathize with the Palestinians in their war for survival but that is another argument. The population of a country in a declared war is part of the war machine infrastructure and therefore fair game. The people in those towers were not. My mom is from a seaport town in Normandy, France. She came from a family of 14 children. She survived the German occupation and time in a work camp. 7 of her brothers and sisters did not survive the continuous Allied bombings of their town. My family knows about war. We may never know who is behind these. Everyone is screaming Middle East. It could have been 4 Greenpeace activists for all the good it will do these idiots. None will ever step forward to claim responsibility because we will smash them like a bug. A horrible waste of precious life. Best regards, Phil

Shoot straight and often!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I am sure The Almighty has delt appropriately with those responsible. (gross understatement of my feelings.)<P>There will be those who are severely outraged and seek revenge, and then there will be those who think a little more on the rational side. Let's get these two groups together, let those thinking logically guide those who are outraged to direct their wrath at the appropriate target at the correct time!<P>I pray for our world leaders to do the right thing! (I would and would not want to be in their shoes!)<P>Give blood to the Red Cross!

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Father In Heaven, we have suffered a very serious attack on our nation today. I pray that you will comfort those who've lost loved ones today. Please consul those who are in terror for those close to them who are unaccounted for. Speed the efforts of the brave rescue workers, help them to save lives. Watch over them at this time, Lord.<P>Father, I pray you will guide our leaders. Help them to find the people responsible for such a cowardly act. Help them to bring these murderers to justice. Look after our men and women whose sworn duty is to protect this nation. Give them guidance and discretion in all they do.<P>Father, we have been selfish and followed our own will for too long. Some of us don't look to you for guidance. I pray that you will use this tragedy to teach them that YOU ARE GOD, and that we all need your love, mercy, and guidance. I pray that this will lead many of our lost people to seek You out, and to follow in the steps of Your Son, Jesus Christ.<P>In His holy name we pray,<BR>amen

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Let all who will say Amen

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Amen.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 43 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,767
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.