-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I e-mailed Dennis before I went Grizzly hunting up there in 2007. He gave me some advice on hunting and where to go. My son worked with Faith in the Forest Service there in Ketchikan and so we knew Dennis more than just by e-mail.

When I got up there I wanted to meet him, so Reid and I went over to his house. We needed a raft to get back and forth from the boat to the shore to go bear hunting, Dennis had a Zodiak that he said we could borrow.

After some talking Dennis sold us the Zodiak, and although it had a large repair, we were happy to get something so easy and cheap.

This is the first test drive with his Zodiak...

[Linked Image]

We had a successful hunt and have kept in touch since. Dennis is a great guy, I am hoping and praying for his recovery. Here is a blogspot that keeps a constant update on his progress...

http://www.dennisneill.blogspot.com/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My prayers offered for Dennis and his family during this difficult time. Thanks for the update.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PM bump

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the link to Blogspot. We're praying for him.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very sad.

Glioblastoma is a very bad actor and carries with it a very poor prognosis.

Fortunately, God, in His mercy, is in the miracle business.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just wanted to bump this up for those looking for it.

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bump

There is a very fine line between idiotic and clever. Most internet posters have no idea where it is.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Blogspot for Dennis again...

http://www.dennisneill.blogspot.com/

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Bump

NRA Benefactor
Lifetime-Texas State Rifle Assoc.
Lifetime-American Motorcycle Assoc.
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Assoc.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow that really sucks. Glio is a real bad character. I really hope he takes advantage of the good days. God bless him and his family.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

i'm recovering nicely from the surgery, and head back tomorrow for seven weeks of radiation and chemotherapy. So far so good...now I kill what's left and keep killing it and go on.

I'm sure you all have seen this too...but the most staggering thing to me has been the support and encouragement and contributions coming from 24HourCampfire -- far beyond anything I could have anticipated.

So I am very grateful and considerably humbled in some ways.

My philosophy is very simple: "It is what it is and I will do what I do."

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Thanks for taking the time to check-in and let us share a moment or two with you.
Good luck is too easy so I simply wish you well and know you will fight to win and do what you must.
Frank

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Dennis,

That's the spirit. I hope and pray everything go's well for you, and wish you a fast recovery. With the attitude you have God will bless you.

Kennon

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dennis,

I am glad to hear you are on the mend. It doesn't take much to turn your world upside down..Everything was great in our lives as well until my wife went in for an elective surgery in February, when we found out she had cancer. They did one surgery that they thought would take care of everything, then found out there was more cancer.

They did some more tests and found out she had a brain tumor, the size of an egg. She had that removed, and is now in he 6th Chemo treatment looking at 2 more then radiation, then 3 more surgeries.

It sounds like a soap opera, but life isn't always easy. I have been watching and waiting for good news from you and am glad to hear you are planning a full recovery.

I am planning on going to Ketchikan in September, maybe you can take me to dinner?

Good luck on the treatments, Shrapnel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dennis, prayers out to you for a speedy recovery and to your family who is there to support you.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 51 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,912
Posts18,498,283
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.