Print Thread
Hop To
S
Spike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
At sun up this morning I proudly put up The Stars and Stripes on the front of my house. Is anyone else displaying our symbol of strength and freedom?

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Great minds think alike! Here in Nashville one can find those little sport team flags that hang on the car window lip but American ones of the same design are nowhere to be found. There needs to be so much red, white and blue flying in our proud land that those who would attemt to harm Her are blinded! They have accomplished NOTHING other than grief. We will never bow!

Shoot straight and often!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am giving out red white blue ribbons for people to pin on their shirts. So there is a lot of CO people with pins on them...<P>Toons

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I am flying two flags, my state flag is at half mast to honor the dead... Old Glory is at full staff and will stay that way... don't tread on me...<P>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I most certainly am!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn betcha! And my wife got one of those sport flags and replaced it with a small Old Glory! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The flag flies every day of the year at my home.<P>It always has and it always will.....not just in times of national disaster, or the fourth of July.<P>My .02<P>Westman

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
One of the ladies at work was asking what to do with her flag. She has had it for over 30 years hanging off her front porch and it has become torn, tattered etc. Her question is this, what is the proper way to dispose of flag? Currently it is wrapped in tissue paper in her hope chest. But I thought what an interesting question, what do businesses and people do with their flags? Does anyone know what the "proper" or correct procedure is? Just curious.<P>Toons

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Toons:<P>The proper or correct procedure for disposing of a US flag is to do it with dignity, preferably by burning. The VFW and others from time to time have flag disposal ceremonies. Your neighbor might like to contact them.<P>Just for other's edification the "National Flag Code" was adopted into law Dec 22, 1942. <P>and the relevant section is the last one (k) in the following: I'm adding this, to be clear, this is a section of the law, not the total content.<P>�176. Respect for flag<BR>No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor. <P>(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property. <BR>(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise. <BR>(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. <BR>(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general. <BR>(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way. <BR>(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling. <BR>(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature. <BR>(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything. <BR>(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown. <BR>(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart. <BR>(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
well right after this thing happened i put the flag in my front window since i do not have a flag pole.

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I always fly one on the front of the house. This just gave me the extra push to dig a hole in the yard for a big pole to put that nice big 12 foot long flag up that I always wanted.

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Prefferably one that shoots big bullets.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, in front of my home and on my truck....<BR>badger.<P>"I fear that we have awakened the sleeping giant, and his wrath will be terrible to behold" (Yamamoto (I think), after Pearl Harbor)<P>badger.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2500HD, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,942
Posts18,519,095
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.