Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Your morality is not my morality.

Intelligent and caring people can - and do - have different feelings about morality.

Millions of American women prove this every year.

True, on all counts.

On both sides of the Border......

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Somehow, I feel there is a trick question here. so to answer I will keep it simple. No, that doctor should not be killed as he is just doing the job he spent many years and hard work to be able to do what he is doing, trying his best to save lives.
Ss this is also elayed to the abortionist who was murdered a while back, I also feel that he should not have ben killed.
What my feelings are on abortion are mine, and mine alone. I do not condone it as a practice, but I also know that it will continue, either up and above board on a legal basis or in some back alley by some person with a coat hanger or some other implement.Either way, it cannot and probably never will be stopped.
I can understand how some feel due to religious beliefs, but I look at it this way. In the long run, we all will have to face the final judge for our sins. The abortionist and the one who had the peocedure will both have to answer to God for what they did. They do not have to answer to me as to where they end up at judgement day is not for me or anyone else to say. I figure they'll probably have to like some very hot weather. But that's not for me to say.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A doctor is supposed to save lives, heal the sick, etc.

I have no problem with doctors sent in to heal the sick before they are to be executed, for example.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As Steve NO said and I quote, there is no logical connection or relationship between your two premises.
Both the rapist and the doctor that performs abortions should be stopped from being able to do so by the state.
As for morality/rights. It is hard to make a case for either until your recognize the right of a unborn child to live over the right of a undo for convenience.

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FVA, you can further argue that the right of the life of a human does not even require a religious argument. If we place the highest value on human life, then the real question is when does such life begin? The argument that crossing the birth canal seems rather fatuous. And the reality is that the majority of abortions are performed as a form of birth control.

As you note, it's an argument of life versus convenience.

Please note that I am not denigrating religious arguments against abortion, but merely demonstrating that arguments against abortion on demand do not require a spiritual foundation.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Thank you for the reply's so far. I see a few idea's on why some justify killing the abortionist, and see some address the odd ( to some of you) question I have , of if one dr is ok for what he does, then why is another wrong and ok to kill. My analogy may not be the best, and some may find a better parallel, but my question is what it is.
Like I said, I have no judgement or slant/ agenda to this discussion, I just am curious to see peoples reasoning for something I feel confused about. Just trying to see both sides of the coin and learn.

Allen

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yes, the woman getting the abortion should be put down as well. That way, she would not need more abortion services as she would rapidly become less attractive as her carcass rotted away.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Intelligent and caring people can - and do - have different feelings about morality.

True, on all counts.
Is it? How does anyone know the millions of American women being alledged are intelligent and caring. I happen to believe many are certainly not and most are not even women but legally, mentally, and morally adolescents.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Allen,
In all the media attention the killing of Tiller received, I did not hear one person condone the killing. I don't believe many on here actually condoned it either. Many said they could understand how someone could kill someone who made their living as Tiller did, but most condemned his killing as a murder and outside the rule of law.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What a generally obnoxious and poorly written question. I just checked, the Campfire lists having 22072 registered members...

I only had one of them on ignore.... the list just grew one more...

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hemiallen
why is it ok to condone killing a doctor who performs one form of medicine to help a person, IE the female who opened the door to the doctors office, vs the same doctor performing a life-saving procedure on a person of questionable character.
Allen

I is not right to kill either doctor in the above. I have feelings about abortion but I am prohibited from stating them here as some might consider it a statement of faith and that is a no-no.

That said, the taking of a life is wrong unless that doctor has been tried, found guilty and condemned to die and that sentence carried out by a State of Federal authority as proscribed by law. We are supposed to be a civilized nation and the indiscriminate taking of a life because you disagree with someone is a crime.

If I have offended anyone with the above statement or anyone considers that by saying the above I have made a faith based statement then tough [bleep]!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you for the reply's so far. I see a few idea's on why some justify killing the abortionist, and see some address the odd ( to some of you) question I have , of if one dr is ok for what he does, then why is another wrong and ok to kill. My analogy may not be the best, and some may find a better parallel, but my question is what it is.
Like I said, I have no judgement or slant/ agenda to this discussion, I just am curious to see peoples reasoning for something I feel confused about. Just trying to see both sides of the coin and learn.

Allen

well, you're kind of setting up a straw man in the first place, since scarcely anyone has approved of the killing of the abortionist. the fact that most aren't lining up to write flowery obituaries or contribute to building a monument for him isn't the same as saying it's OK to kill him.

the other thing you don't seem to get is there is no parallel between the two cases you seem to see as a conflict.

One doctor is treating a patient who may be a bad person, the other doctor is killing an innocent person for the convenience of someone paying him to do so. Why is it strange that people would react differently to the two cases, since they have nothing at all in common?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would figure that anyone who would deny medical care or food to a prisoner (as some have declared they don't deserve it) then those same people are (or should be) willing to execute anyone punishible by prison time. If you are only going to lock them away to die a languishing death it would be more humane to execute them. I,personally, could not do that. No matter what they did.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD

True, on all counts.
Is it? How does anyone know the millions of American women being alledged are intelligent and caring. I happen to believe many are certainly not and most are not even women but legally, mentally, and morally adolescents.

You read me wrong.

His morality is obviously not the same as mine.

People do have different feelings about mortality...some or wrong and some are right.

Millions of American women prove to have different opinions of morality every year.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't recall anyone condoning the killing of Tiller, though if anyone did, I wouldn't criticize him much. By all accounts, he performed 60,000 abortions over his career.

That's what? 150 planeloads of people (Boeing 747400 passengers per)? Think about that for a minute, Air France just lost a planeload of 220+ and everyone's going wiggy over that, and here's a guy who's performed that many abortions? I don't really see why people aren't dancing in the streets, to be honest about it.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I don't recall anyone condoning the killing of Tiller, though if anyone did, I wouldn't criticize him much. By all accounts, he performed 60,000 abortions over his career.

That's what? 150 planeloads of people (Boeing 747400 passengers per)? Think about that for a minute, Air France just lost a planeload of 220+ and everyone's going wiggy over that, and here's a guy who's performed that many abortions? I don't really see why people aren't dancing in the streets, to be honest about it.

Well ratsmaker I sure was "dancing in the street" when I heard that Tiller the Baby Killer had finally received his just reward.

Oh and by the way........for those questioning whether the woman who requests the late term abortion of a viable fetus should receive the same treatment as the abortionist I say this:

For those women who went to Tiller to have their baby killed because they could skirt the law, there is nothing that can be done to them legally, but one can only hope they will get what's coming to them some day.

For those women who have (or attempt to have) late term abortions illegally, they should be punished according to the full extent of the law.

For the doctors who perform late term abortions legally or illegally, they should get what Tiller got and nothing less.

A woman can make a "mistake" once and be punished accordingly for it, but a doctor who does it intentionally hundreds or even thousands of times for the money should receive no mercy whatsoever!

JMHO

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Hi, Allen,I got your payment today.I really like what you wrote here at Campfire.I too followed the hate and anger the opinions and the voices that went on for days over the posting of the Doctor. I didn't want to get involve either in such a war zone.A friend told me if men could get pregnant,abortions would be free.

God made some men big and some men small,but Sam Colt evened things up.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I fail to understand your reasoning for asked this question. Murder is murder. Killing as in execution when someone is found guilty and sentenced to die is different as is killing in combat or self defense. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Thanks for more replies.

One thing I didn't realize is that he did late term abortions. I should have looked into it further, but it still doesn't change my request for some input on why the replies I read seemed like I was missing something, and some replies here answered some of my questions.

Last edited by hemiallen; 06/25/09.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks for more replies.

One thing I didn't realize is that he did late term abortions. I should have looked into it further, but it still doesn't change my request for some input on why the replies I read seemed like I was missing something, and some replies here answered some of my questions.

Early term or late term? It is all the same thing. The man did not break the law in the state he practiced his trade. The man who shot him is as cold blooded a murder as the doctor who was killed. The law is the law, it is black and white. It is not a moral issue.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 51 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,100
Posts18,502,087
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.