-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 191 of 1,842 1 2 189 190 191 192 193 1841 1842
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
SSSHHhhhhhh not that I don't want to hunt but oh my goodness, we just got summer here. And I'm not even kidding...

"I'm not crying!!"
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm Baa-aack. I dont get my real internet connection til next week though.

Mrs ND, I know what you mean, I was in Manitoba fishing in early June and we didnt even see signs of SPRING, let alone summer up there.

The move was not the best I have ever had. It took us 10 hours to load in 90 degree heat and we had to unload the next day in the rain....by shuttling stuff from the semi parked on the street. Plus, the kids and I were sick. But guess what...it doesnt matter cuz WE ARE HERE!! Wahoo!! Renting a house for now and expect bids back this week on our house. Crossing my fingers they are not too high.

Fishing? I am sitting on one of the best lakes in the Alex area and I dont think I will have time to fish, how sad is that. Although the little girla asked me to get her set up today to fish sunnies off the dock. That kinda warmed my heart.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Did anyone else miss that we maxed out day light this past weekend? It's down hill from here on, which only means that hunting season is that much closer.

I pointed that out to my wife this past weekend...she told me to shut up. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
SSSHHhhhhhh not that I don't want to hunt but oh my goodness, we just got summer here. And I'm not even kidding...

Yeah no kidding! I was fishing a few weekends ago and it was 39* IN JUNE!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by bucktail
Didn't you want to hunt horses from a helicopter with a machine gun by the end of last elk season?

that hasn't changed at all grin

except I've had enough time to think it out a little more & I think I'd prefer a grenade launcher to a machine gun.

grin

they are good for what they are good for.. and for me, all I need them for is hauling meat off the mountain... don't need em.... they do make it easier coming down with the meat though.

smile

Something clever here.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
50 on the way to work on the bike this morning, mid 80's on the way home from work tonight... how do you dress for that??? grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by northern_dave
50 on the way to work on the bike this morning, mid 80's on the way home from work tonight... how do you dress for that??? grin

Suspenders, propeller beanie, pocket protector, and a codpiece.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave

Same here Pam. Heard one forecaster say this will be the year without a summer.

Went to the farmers market in Milwaukie, OR Sunday. You should see all the fresh veggies and fruit for sale. Neat market,but spendy. you can buy fresh bakery, meat, salmon and seafood too. cool

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Had an old Texan tell me once that "horses were good for 3 things; pulling wagons, betting on and feeding dogs"

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

I'll try that tomorrow grin

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I'll try that tomorrow grin

O.K. I'm probably gonna be sorry for asking, but I've seen the word before, and I promise my folks didn't get their money's worth when they sent me to college blush
What's a codpiece?
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The gunsmith called and I went over and picked up my revamped bolt action 45/70 which he has had since I bought it at a gun show several months ago.What a neat rifle!It just has a sho nuff hunting look to it.The action is from a Siamese Mauser and the barrel is new.The stock is very well done original military which has been sporterized.Now I can zero it in earnest.I only shot it three or four times right after I bought it to check function.I put an old Weaver El Paso K6 on it.The madness continues!!!!!
My wife and I just returned from a kind of mini-vacation.We spent three days up on the Blue Ridge Parkway.It is beautiful.
We wound up in Roanoke,Virginia before we headed back south.
I don't care where you go ,how long you were there or what you did....it'a ALWAYS good to get home.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 06/25/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i'm pretty sure it's the same thing as a loin cloth....

I think?

But i aint doing that tomorrow or any time soon. I got whacked by my second bee today. I got one a week & a half ago that flew up my leather coat sleave while riding my motorcycle. Must have been some kind of ace pilot bee cause those wrist cuffs are pretty tight.

now just this evening I come home from work on the bike, change into shorts cause it's hot out & I make the quick little run into the ballfields in town to watch my boy play baseball. A bee flew up my shorts & got me in the back of the leg, got me real good, worse than the last one.

Reaction was stronger with this one, ears swelled shut so I couldn't hear... all kinds of problems. goll dang it I hate bees.

but I had that one coming. shorts on a motorcycle is just stupid anyways.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's awesome stan, right down to the el paso weaver!!

what do you think the whole thing weighs?

Is it typical for a mauser bolt face to be big enough to accomodate the 45-70?

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[kŏd́pēś]
(n.) A pouch at the crotch of the tight-fitting breeches worn by men in the 15th and 16th centuries.

A place I used to work at had a controls engineer who wore that get up except for the codpiece. He'd ride his purple Raz up and park right next to the harleys. The propeller beanie really pulled the whole thing together.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,the Siamese Mauser action due to it being originally designed for a large rimmed cartridge will accomodate the 45/70 when the bolt face is opened up a bit.The feed rails also have to be opened up due to 45/70 being wider.The magazine is internally slanted which helps feeding rimmed cartridges.I've been looking for one of these for seven years and finally found the RIGHT one for me.
I have more toys coming this week.I ordered a Tokarev pistol chambered for the 7.62X25 cartridge.I had it shipped to the gun shop since I was going to be out of town.It will probably be there when I go in to work today.Ammunition for the Tok's is cheap.I ordered a 1224 round can with the pistol.
A bee up the shorts on a bike could be dangerous.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
my damn leg is like a watermellon today, and the leg don't work. As much as I try to get it to swing corectly to walk & for the knee to hold it just doesn't work. I'm hobbling like i got a peg leg. It's like when you fall asleep on your arm & it goes completely dead & you can't move it, you have to grab it with your other arm & drag it around.

it's pretty damn embarassing & the timing couldn't be worse. Very busy with a big project at work & I need to be on my feet.

stupid bees!!

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
ND and bucktail; I was just in MN ( travelin' thru) and was diggin' on the hot muggy weather...a guy would almost have to wear shorts on a bike there! I get allergic reactions to bees too,so I'm thinking the codpiece, as described, might be a GOOD thing to protect those assets deemed most important from said bees..... laugh
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
F'N A I hate bees. Not alergic to them, but they sure like me. I'm good for about 10 stings a year for some reason.

Got stung on my hand this spring while pulling weed around the central air unit, and got hit 'bout 4 times from those damn ground bees. Litte black and white bastards.

I took my wedding ring off instantly, because it started to swell. Frickin hand looked like a baseball mit. Damn I hate bees.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
my damn leg is like a watermellon today, and the leg don't work. As much as I try to get it to swing corectly to walk & for the knee to hold it just doesn't work. I'm hobbling like i got a peg leg. It's like when you fall asleep on your arm & it goes completely dead & you can't move it, you have to grab it with your other arm & drag it around.

it's pretty damn embarassing & the timing couldn't be worse. Very busy with a big project at work & I need to be on my feet.

stupid bees!!

Do you have to carry meds with you Dave? That sounds like it hurts. :crzy:

Page 191 of 1,842 1 2 189 190 191 192 193 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 55 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,431
Posts18,489,256
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.