Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
As I write this post I am sitting in a new italian place in my town. THe place is PACKED to capacity with a line out the door. I have to waste a little time as I wait on my son's prescriptions to be filled at the local pharmacy...so I and my laptop computer go in to try the new place out. I LOVE italian food!!!!!

I get into the place and stand in a line to order, pay and then take a seat. While Im in line, I hear this STrong ITALIAN accent yelling across the kitchen. It is easy to figure out that this is the new owner...he is about 4foot nothing and mean as hell to his staff. He literally emasculates a man about 45ish who is trying to help in the kitchen....which is open for the patrons to see all that goes on.....by calling him a "big pu**y" because he cant read this guys mind and know what he wants before he asks for it.
He is throwing food at his staff ifit does not meet his expectations...literally.....pasta all over the floor...!

I take my salad and drink and have a seat...but this house dressing is not exactly what I wanted so I make the mistake of asking for a dressing choice....OMG...the soup nazi screams at me.."you dont lika the house dressing...who dont lika the house dresing..???" So knowing me like most of you do....I get pissed and announce that I dont care for it and want another option. When he saw that I was going to yell as loud as he was....he backed down and sent me another dressing. AS other patrons enter..they all are shocked at the way this man is talking to his staff. As I sit here typing this..he is in the dining room going from table to table asking what is wrong with the food...&@@%$@ He will also SHHHHHHHHH everyone when the noise level gets too high for him.

Noone is leaving tho....the food is excellent...probably the best spaghetti I have ever had.....
Which leads me to ask.....
Exactly how much will a person tolerate for good pasta and cannoli...............................................hmmmmmmmm??

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So you're feeling better then... smile

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yes...Im better. Got the cabin fever...BAD!!! LOL trying to take care of a little business today. I gotta get some work done cause its work or starve...and I like to eat.....so does my kids! LOL

-Gen. Patton
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Order it for carry out then find a place a bit quieter to enjoy your lunch.

Personally, I wouldn't support a business that talks to their employees the way you described. I imagine if he doesn't calm down he's going to loose a lot of business. People don't want chaos when they they go out to eat and I imagine his turn over of employees is going to be rapid too.

Sassy

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NurseKat
As I write this post I am sitting in a new italian place in my town. THe place is PACKED to capacity with a line out the door. I have to waste a little time as I wait on my son's prescriptions to be filled at the local pharmacy...so I and my laptop computer go in to try the new place out. I LOVE italian food!!!!!

I get into the place and stand in a line to order, pay and then take a seat. While Im in line, I hear this STrong ITALIAN accent yelling across the kitchen. It is easy to figure out that this is the new owner...he is about 4foot nothing and mean as hell to his staff. He literally emasculates a man about 45ish who is trying to help in the kitchen....which is open for the patrons to see all that goes on.....by calling him a "big pu**y" because he cant read this guys mind and know what he wants before he asks for it.
He is throwing food at his staff ifit does not meet his expectations...literally.....pasta all over the floor...!

I take my salad and drink and have a seat...but this house dressing is not exactly what I wanted so I make the mistake of asking for a dressing choice....OMG...the soup nazi screams at me.."you dont lika the house dressing...who dont lika the house dresing..???" So knowing me like most of you do....I get pissed and announce that I dont care for it and want another option. When he saw that I was going to yell as loud as he was....he backed down and sent me another dressing. AS other patrons enter..they all are shocked at the way this man is talking to his staff. As I sit here typing this..he is in the dining room going from table to table asking what is wrong with the food...&@@%$@ He will also SHHHHHHHHH everyone when the noise level gets too high for him.

Noone is leaving tho....the food is excellent...probably the best spaghetti I have ever had.....
Exactly how much will a person tolerate for good pasta and cannoli...............................................hmmmmmmmm??
I'd love to try that place. I love good Italian cuisine too. Too bad he has such bad behavior, though.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reminds me of a local Greek deli. They've toned it down quite a bit over the past 20 years or so, though.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NurseKat
He literally emasculates a man about 45ish who is trying to help in the kitchen....which is open for the patrons to see all that goes on.....by calling him a "big pu**y" because he cant read this guys mind and know what he wants before he asks for it.

They didn't by any chance have Gordon Ramsey in the kitchen, did they? grin

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Exactly how much will a person tolerate for good pasta and cannoli..

Not that much, but that may just be me. Of course, the crowd would have been off-putting enough.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No way, the minute he started his crap I would be out the door. I have NO time for people like that I don't give a damn how good the food is.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The "Soup Nazi" on Seinfeld was really funny. This guy doesn't sound like he understands the restaurant business too well. If I go someplace for a quiet meal, I damn well expect it quiet and not be in the middle of a food fight.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't abide a lack of manners, I'd a let him wear the house dressing. But I'm defective. grin

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was the staff looking upset, or could this be a "crazy Italian" gimmick?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Was the staff looking upset, or could this be a "crazy Italian" gimmick?

The staff acted scared to death of him....well, except the females. He was a little more tolerant of them. AS left, he came over to my table and asked how the food was. I told him that the food was great but the ambiance left much to be desired.

-Gen. Patton
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We used to live in B'ham, and if he'd tried that crap with my wife, he'd a' run outta azz in front of a big set of teeth.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Tell him I said he is an A hole.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kat I am afraid I would have let him have it with both barrels.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Kat I am afraid I would have let him have it with both barrels.

Well....knowing me...like some of you do.....I have a mouth like a sailor if provoked....but in the south, its not acceptable for a lady to do such things in public. So....here is what I did......As I was leaving, the waitress comes by the table to ask if I need anything else. I tell her that I want to know who the owner is....she points out the 4ft loud mouth. I also learn that Mr. Eli Gold is the co-owner of this establishment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Gold (Voice of the Alabama Crimson Tide)
Now that I know that....being the Dyehard (coach Pat Dye) Auburn fan that I am....I tell her.....in my best southern vernacular....

"Ma'am, I'm not sure what sort of impression your boss is trying to make here. But I can assure that he has joined with the perfect individual to make the most profound impression he can make on the good folk of this town. Please tell him that I thoroughly enjoyed the spaghetti, likely some of the best I have ever had. Would you also tell him that the disdain with which he has treated his employees has also made a profound impression on me."

She started making excuses for him telling me that he is "just that way".

Closing remarks......" Ma'am, I'm quite sure that he is just that way. But that wont play well here in the south. New York..maby....Birmingham...NO WAY."

As I leave, the owner comes from the kitchen, offers me a hug, and tells me that his staff has informed him that I think he is too loud. I accept his gesture and tell him that while the food was MOST EXCELLENT, the ambiance was not gonna fly here. I went back last night when I got off work for a take out of that spaghetti that I'm now addicted too.....He was there and brought my food to the register. He laughed and told me that he had realized that the "delicate women in Alabama could not tolerate his volume." I assured him that delicate we were not.....but he would always find a low tolerance for rudeness.

I got my food, spaghetti (enough for 2), bread, salad and a new York Cheesecake that would melt in your mouth for half of the menu price.

http://birmingham.bizjournals.com/birmingham/stories/2009/04/20/story7.html

-Gen. Patton
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Had a similar situation with a hooker, dang p#ssy Nazi

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T LEE
No way, the minute he started his crap I would be out the door. I have NO time for people like that I don't give a damn how good the food is.

You and me, fighting to get out the door at the same time. You would win, Mom tought me to respect my elders. grin

I do not abuse any one who works for me even those few who may have deserved it. Will not support that kind of action.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would stay all day...sounds like my grandparents house! For good pasta and cannoli, living here in the south, I'd put up with just about anything. Where was this place, I fly inand out of B'ham on occasion...way cheaper than ATL

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,759
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.