Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by TC1
I talked a gunsmith yesterday with a CNC machine. He say's he can do it but the price would depend on how many units he makes.

If I provided this product how many would buy at say somewhere between $100 and $125 for one of these in the white?

Right now I'm thinking probably just the .22LR and .17HM2 but if there was enough of a market for the magnums we could do those too.

I'm not asking for a deposit or anything Just trying gauge serious interest.

Terry

BTW, this is what the guy is capable pf. He made this bottom metal from scratch and say's the CZ trigger guard looks like a fun project.

[Linked Image]

Terry,

Count me in for one.
I have a 452 American in 22 RF. It's the Prestige Model with very good Walnut, and I would love upgrading the trigger guard and floor plate.
Thanks for undertaking this venture. Also, let us know if and when any are avaialble. The price you quote is fine with me.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scribble me in on the list as well.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are these being produced or are you just testing the water as a middle man?

g

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GeoW, I have talked to the guy about making a batch. At this point we were talking about me fronting the money for the project and I would re-selling them. I don't think he wants a bunch of phone calls for such a small part. At this point I'm a little hesitant to ask for any more than 20 because the interest seems a little lower than I had thought. We haven't discussed a price for such a small run.

Terry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Terry:

Add me to the list if you can get it done.

Carlos

IC B2

T
T
Registered just to say I am very interested in at least two if the price isn't too high and especially if the quality is as good as previous units on the market. Would heavily prefer steel, though...

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TC1
I talked a gunsmith yesterday with a CNC machine. He say's he can do it but the price would depend on how many units he makes.

If I provided this product how many would buy at say somewhere between $100 and $125 for one of these in the white?

Right now I'm thinking probably just the .22LR and .17HM2 but if there was enough of a market for the magnums we could do those too.

I'm not asking for a deposit or anything Just trying gauge serious interest.

Terry

BTW, this is what the guy is capable pf. He made this bottom metal from scratch and say's the CZ trigger guard looks like a fun project.

[Linked Image]

I would be up for one in .22rf if less than $125, maybe a bit more.

John

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm in if they are less than $110 shipped.

MtnHtr

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
In for a 452 American, 22 Mag. Price depending, as well.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Terry - any new good news on the guards - ??? confused

IC B3

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tried making one on my mill, and I am no machinist. Too embarrassed to post a pic of the result. Please, someone who's knows what they're doing make some of these.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DARBY
Terry - any new good news on the guards - ??? confused

Well, yes there is some news. I talked to my man last week and we've worked a tenative deal on 30 units!

Right now it's looking like these will be made of steel (I haven't been told which type yet.) They will be polished and blued and they will sell somewhere between $130-$135 plus shipping. At this point in time I'm only going to order the LR version but may do a magnum in the future if the if there is a demand for it.

I know some here had put a definite price on what they would pay for one. I did my best to emphasize that a low price was of the utmost importance and I think he did as good of a deal as possible. One of the stipulations was I front the cash for this project and handle all the sales. I hope some will give it some consideration once I have these in hand. I did my best.

Now I can't give a time frame for this, nor would I even consider asking for a deposit. When the time gets close I'll make an announcement. I'm not making anything on this deal, but I'll need to check with Rick Bin to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes here.

Terry

T
T
$135 before shipping is a bit high, considering others not too long ago have gone for less than $100 shipped. At more than a third the cost of my rifles, they had better be damned fine looking. When / if you ask for a deposit, I couldn't make it unless I saw some high resolution photos - it's just too high of a price for an item I might not like.

Again, I'd be looking for two or three of these guys - depends on final price and if I want to replace my matte Silhouette with a shiny.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by true
$135 before shipping is a bit high, considering others not too long ago have gone for less than $100 shipped. At more than a third the cost of my rifles, they had better be damned fine looking. When / if you ask for a deposit, I couldn't make it unless I saw some high resolution photos - it's just too high of a price for an item I might not like.

Again, I'd be looking for two or three of these guys - depends on final price and if I want to replace my matte Silhouette with a shiny.

Lets get one thing COMPLETELY clear and upfront here. I never did nor will I ask for a deposit from you or anyone else. I'm funding this out of my own pocket. When they're ready you can buy one if you like them. If not it's no skin off my back.

Second, show me where you can get a polished and blued milled steel trigger guard for a CZ452 for less than $100 shipped and I'll call the guy up, cancel the order and buy one that you link here! I bet you can't and further more it's unrealistic to expect a man to design a CNC program to run 30 units, buy the steel, wear out several mill bits, run his CNC mill machine, polish them up and send them to a bluer and then sell them for less than $100 apiece shipped!

Third, if you don't like the product or the price don't buy one. It's really that simple. If you can have them built cheaper then do it. I bet you can't. The idea of this project is to build something nice not cheap. If you want cheap, that's already on your rifle.

BTW, they will be pretty damned fine looking when finished. They won't look like anything else that's ever been offered so far.

Terry

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I talked to him again tonight and and found out these will be made of 1018 steel. this steel will hold a tank blue and rust blue very well. He said he thought it could be case color hardened too but would need to check on it as the it's pretty thin in a few spots.

I'm shipping my rifle to him this week for him to use as a test mule to do a "one off" on. As soon as I get pictures I will forward them on for every one to look at.

I really need some comments on bow shape. What would you guy's like to see in this? We can either have a conventional style guard like on a Winchester M70 or we can have an egg shaped one. I personally would like something in-between. A nice oval shape, but I'm completely open to suggestions and will go with the majority.

Terry

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
A carbon copy of the RD product would be fine with me. Shiny hot blued... cool

T
T
TC1, I don't know why you took offense to my post. You sound angry.

Yes, there were units for less than $100 shipped not long ago but there weren't only 30 units made. I do wish they were still around. They were pretty damn fine looking.

Re: shape, rounded or slightly oval as you said would probably look the best, IMO.

Last edited by true; 08/06/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep, that or the M70 look-alike

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
True, those were sold fresh off the mill at that price. They still needed finish sanding, polishing and blueing. They haven't been avalible for over two years. I tried to get one.

Many said they wanted a finished product so that's what I spec'ed and yes that adds to the price. If everybody wanted one in the "white" I could come a little closer to the price you want to pay. The problem that is it adds too much confusion to the project. I want all of them just alike and if the buyer wants something different he can do that after he receives it. Yes, I did take offence to what you said. I've done the leg work and I'll be investing a large chunk of cash (about $3300.00) in this. I've also consumed a lot of the builders time. It's kind of easy to snipe from an arm chair and I didn't appreciate it. You made stipulations about a deposit that I never asked for. You seem to want to justify the price of the triggerguard by what you paid for the rifle and what an unfinshed one cost several years ago. Why should the guy building these lower his hourly rate because you didn't spend much on your rifle? I promise you he won't.

I can understand that some don't want to buy a nice triggerguard for a cheap rifle. But please understand that many of us see it as we own a nice rifle with a cheap triggerguard and would like to upgrade one of the only cheap parts on the rifle.

The time for complaining about the price is over with. I did the best I could and this is what I came up with. I was the only one who has tried to take this from an unobtainable part to a reality. All I ask is that you don't crap on this thread because you don't like the price. I've done the best I can. If I ordered a 100 units I'm sure the price would have come down significantly, but consider this, it would have taken at least a $10,000.00 investment on my part. My pockets just aren't that deep and I'm not sure I could sell that many. Could you?

No hard feelings, I hope you can see my point of view on this. Thanks for your input on the shape.

Terry

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pugs

Yep, that or the M70 look-alike

either will be fine but here is my thinking on this. The swept back egg shape one is very appealing but probably wouldn't look right on the varmint model. The M70 style (semi square) would look great on the Varmint but not as slick on the CZ American. If we did a oval shape we could sort of stay on middle ground and the style would be acceptable on more models. Something like the picture below but with a slightly thinner front strap and no bow release.

[Linked Image]

What do you guy's think?

Sorry for the crappy picture.

Terry

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,008
Posts18,500,123
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.