-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 142 of 173 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 172 173
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let me know, maybe we can hook up and get Ingwe and Dan to make it too (and anyone else that'd like to).

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Man, there was a bikini hatch on a local lake today... But they were all spent spinners...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i'm headed out the jetties about 6am in the morning. hope the wind lays some in the morning. it was 20-30 mph today and seas were 3-5. suppose to be 2-4 in the morning

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TFF!!!!! laugh

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Whip
Let me know, maybe we can hook up and get Ingwe and Dan to make it too (and anyone else that'd like to).

Whip; keep me posted on this whole concept, I go fishing like a wildman from mid-august to early Oct.....try to cram a years worth of fishing into that short time span...my schedule is pretty full, but you and your pics are singing a siren's song... wink
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Its been a while since I checked in on this post, but aren't you guys getting a little off topic here? Did tryme ever post the load that JeffO was looking for? Is the 7mm-08 better than the 308? I was wondering, because the 308 is inferior to the 308, both 7-08 and 308 can't hold a candle to the .260 REM. I can get 4000 FPS with 8 grs. of 2400 and the Barnes 130gr TSX!!!

edit I'm sorry, I meant 80gr of 2400 with a 2 gr Bullseye chaser to get it going.

Last edited by kevinh1157; 07/06/09.

Kevin Haile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
nuh huh

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Will do sounds like fun. Do you by chance know Doogan and Val? We hit the Gallatin tonight and he told me a friend of his hit GT with a bunch of toons last weekend. Even did pretty well on cuts smile

By the way always carry extra beer during a bikini hatch.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
took my brother and our friends from philly out in their boat tues. seas were 5ft they all got sea sick sick and i had to turn around and bring them back in frown .they let me take the boat out wens. smile.i called one of my buddys and we ran twenty miles offshore to a group of three rigs that i usually have pretty good luck at.we caught kingfish snapper and four sharks the largest of which was this 200# scallop hammerhead [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by stxhunter; 07/10/09.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kenaiking

Will do sounds like fun. Do you by chance know Doogan and Val? We hit the Gallatin tonight and he told me a friend of his hit GT with a bunch of toons last weekend. Even did pretty well on cuts smile

By the way always carry extra beer during a bikini hatch.

Laffin.

Well Eric, Ingwe, and Whip... Lemme know, I'm always up for floating and fishing new waters. I'm off all this week, so between (hopefully) getting the one Montana back from the 'smith and fishing, I'll be plenty busy.

I think Eric should drag that spiffy new RO up to Kalispell this week laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I trust that you will apply yourself diligently to shooting, floating and consuming sudsy beverages, not necessarily in that order. I've got obligations this week but am shooting for a Georgetown trip end of the month. Summer seems to be taking on a pace that is just shy of rabid......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmmm...

Never been to Georgetown. But big Brookies on 4 weights gives me a chubby laugh I'll have to get in touch with ya's. I'll either be working my ass off, or going broke by the end of the month wink

I'm Irish...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Throw anotha shahk on the bahbie............Nice Hammer stxh. Reminds me of a few days in Carolina...or was it a few years?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Throw anotha shahk on the bahbie............Nice Hammer stxh. Reminds me of a few days in Carolina...or was it a few years?
here ya go [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Whip; I spent a few years in Carolina myself...going to college...ECU..picked it for the Girl/Boy ratio and proximity to good fishing!
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ECU...I have some very blurry memories from there. Still have a soft spot for southern belles and the accent makes me stupid. My sis graduated in 86 from ECU. High school and summers during college I lived on the coast in Jacksonville. The hunting pretty much sucked unless you like deer the size of dogs or coon chasing at night, but the fishing was supreme for salt water species, primarily king and spanish mackerel, cobia, big ass drum in the surf, and, of course, sharks. At that age, though, I was more into trolling for tuna...............

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I was there in the dark ages 1972-1974..3 to 1 girl/boy ratio,so yeah, I did some trolling on dry ground, but never lost sight of that fishing..hit Nags Head or Morehead at least every week, caught all the stuff you mentioned plus a few buttloads of Blues and the omnipresent flounders ( starving college kids, we even kept and ate whiting!)
Many of my memories are blurry too...but the soft feminine southern accent still makes me stoopid too...
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That reminds me of a hippy chick I picked up in the Great Nothern back in my early 20's. Very cute Southern Belle named Jessica, up for the winter with her rich ass family skiing Big Mountain.

If her cousins (Brothers/future husbands) from the shallow end of the Gene Pool hadn't run me off, I'd be married to a rich Southerner, and living on a plantation in the Carolinas.

But yes, there's something about southern accents and French Maid outfits that just works for me laugh

I'm Irish...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't see you living in a flat, featureless, pine forest humid and hotter'n hades....even with the family bank roll. Once the Rocky Mountains got hold of you, nothing else compares.

Get the 4 wt ready. If your broke by then just make it down to my place and you're GTG.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Once the Rocky Mountains got hold of you, nothing else compares.

Amen to that! I left " the one that got away " back there, complete with southern accent and nurses uniform ( No French Maid Outfits Dan...) cause I can't live where there are no Rockies, no Elk, no 4 Wts. and no 20" Brookies!! laugh
Ingwe

Page 142 of 173 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,949
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.