Hop To
Page 196 of 1,842 1 2 194 195 196 197 198 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ummm, "us guys?"

do I have some hard working co-workers that I don't know about???

Actually everybody is giving a lot of work right now but it just so happens I have to be here the most because i'm the guy with the plan in his brain.

New plant layout, new assembly lines etc.

I'll have to get you in here to take a look some time rooster.

It's pretty sporty.

it was a 94 hour work week, that's a new personal record.

Something clever here.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
94 eh? I think my longest is in the low 80s. I dont envy you none on that one. at least it isnt fall!

I can hear a jet ski on the lake behind me as i write this. Oh, the perils of a home office!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Careful Dave, good way to burn yourself out.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
94 hours....?
I'll quit bittchin about my job now....
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just saw the weekly WI DNR news update. Wolves have killed 4 bear dogs since the training period opened up July 1st. Dam do gooders got them put back on the endangered list here on a legal technicality.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I heard that too Bill, I have a funny feeling that isn't goint to matter much this year though...things have a funny way of working themselves out.

Those "do gooders" keep playing these games, the wolves will be endangered again. I know a few farmes that aren't going to worry about "endangered" lists anymore. Losing a lot of calves and not a damn thing is being done about it.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Got that going on with dogs and livestock out here too...
So long as the Central Park Yuppies are happy, thats all that counts....
Nevermind the one guy out here running a big spread by himself...just him and his cow dog. Now its just him...
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Just saw the weekly WI DNR news update. Wolves have killed 4 bear dogs since the training period opened up July 1st. Dam do gooders got them put back on the endangered list here on a legal technicality.

Bill-
I'm certainly not one to defend the wolves, in fact, I hate them here. However, I know there are bear hunters running dogs that have had their dogs ripped up by bears and claimed wolves to get reimbursement for their poochies.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I hear ya Skane. I have a bit of a problem letting them start to run the dogs in July. How'd you like to be chased through the woods in a heavy fur coat in July. Got to be tough on the bears.

Limit the training to 1 month before the season opens in September. Still tough on the bears, but it cuts the time down by a month.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They can train the dogs without running a bear too. I guy I used to work with ran them down trails and logging roads, but not on bear, for that reason.

He is a successful guide in the Hurley area.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
To each their own, but I personally don't get the "sport" of hunting big game animals with dogs. With the exception of wild hogs. Those things do a lot of damage. But as for cougars and bears I just don't get the thrill. I'm sure its exciting at the time of the chase, listening to the hounds and all that but to shoot a totally spent cat or bear out of a tree doesn't appeal to me.

Griz - How's your boy doing?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It is HOT here today!We were blessed with a whole string of cool days for the past week and today someone left the furnace door open.
On the plus side I took my Siamese Mauser 45/70 to the range today after having the new Bold trigger/safety installed and finally got it zeroed right.I can whomp a golf ball at 100 yards.Ever see a golf ball that has been center hit by a 45/70?
Monday was my 68th. birthday.Inside every older person there is a much younger person asking "WTF happened?".

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
\
Monday was my 68th. birthday.Inside every older person there is a much younger person asking "WTF happened?".

Stan in SC

Thats funny Stan! laugh

I'd say the 45-70 is set to be bloodied. Did you actualy find the golf ball?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom,
I found the skin of the golf ball..45 caliber hole in front and completely split out the back.

Stan

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's awsome! Happy B-day by the way.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Rooster, Son is making steady progress. They took the stitches out Tuesday and now they're trying to regulate the blood thiners. His strengh is slowly coming back and he can walk further each day. Right now they're hoping to be able to return to the states the first week of August.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Happy belated birthday Stan. You hit the nail right on the head with your "WTF happened" comment.

Sounds like you really have that mauser dialed in. What load did you settle on?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good news Griz!

Happy Birthday Stan!

Happy working stupid hours Dave! whistle

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Grizzly,
Favorite load is a 300 grain Remington jacketed hollow point over 40 grains of Reloader7.I also have some cast bullet loads that a buddy cast for me but the 300GR JHP is my mainstay.Not a fast load but very accurate.
I use that load in the other two 45-70's also.One is a Marlin and one is an NEF Handi rifle.
Stan

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
I hear ya Skane. I have a bit of a problem letting them start to run the dogs in July. How'd you like to be chased through the woods in a heavy fur coat in July. Got to be tough on the bears.

100% agreed. The doggers could also consider not having every blood relative and every known associate applying for tags each year so the bait sitters could get a tag more than once every eight years. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 196 of 1,842 1 2 194 195 196 197 198 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 6mmCreedmoor, 16 invisible), 1,594 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.