Print Thread
Hop To
Page 197 of 1,842 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Happy belated Birthday Stan & greetings all.

Work will be slowing down to a more reasonable pace now so I might get a little bit of my life back grin

We will be heading out to camp chickenbuck this weekend to do some mowing & we'll also scout the blueberries. My guess is that there may be some ready to pick now but the big motherload must be a week out yet (purely a guess based on how slow our summer started this year)

I'm really looking forward to a relaxing weekend even though we expect the bugs will be absolutely out of control out at camp (part of our reason for wanting to mow).

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Have fun out there Dave...we are also late on all summer things...should just about be time for Raspberries here.....
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Our mosquito crop came along well this year. It was a bumper crop as they say in the biz.

High of 64 here today, we might set a record for the lowest High temp. Hello Al? Al? Al, where you at boy? Did you hear me Al? How is that for an Inconvenient Truth, Al?

Went over and unofficially layed out the house on the lot yesterday. We got about 15 nice oak trees to cut down. That kinda sucks, but there are many more that we dont have to cut down. The boys liked playing in the woods and the little girl had fun holding the tape measure for dad. Ahh, life is good in the north country!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane

100% agreed. The doggers could also consider not having every blood relative and every known associate applying for tags each year so the bait sitters could get a tag more than once every eight years. wink

Or the DNR (damn near russia) could pull their collective heads out from where the sun don't shine, and issue more tags.

I've said it before, I've lived in WI for 1/2 the time I lived in MN, and seen 2 times as many bears. MN is suposed to have a lot more bears too.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Berettaman
The boys liked playing in the woods and the little girl had fun holding the tape measure for dad. Ahh, life is good in the north country!

Glad to know there are still kids who enjoy playing in the woods...
Haven't seen one out from in front of something electrical that glows for a long time...
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dave,

about time you get out there. Keep the maintenance up on that Tzone stand too. 'ol forky's gonna come by that one. smile

Beretta,

good news on the house. You're going to have to cut trees you don't want, doesn't matter...part of the building game. We planted a few in our yard when we built, it had none because it was a field at one time. It was crazy how fast they grew, some of the maples are over 15' high already.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ingwe,
my 5 year old little girl has never played a video game, doesnt even know what they are. and that is the plan....outside playing!

tzone,
we still have plenny of trees. it just hurts to cut down a nice oak. 15-18 will have to come down.

Hey, I just looked out on the lake and there are PEOPLE riding around in a tub-like thing with a motor strapped on the back. I think they call them...botes, bates, BOATS. Yep, that is it boats. Maybe sometime I can get out in mine again.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My monsters don't know how to play video games either. Well not the playstation type. They get to play the arcade games at resturants and things, but they are outside kids, even in the winter.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tzone and Berettaman; Good on ya' both for raising your kids that way...you'll never be sorry..
Ingwe

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks, wish I could say the same about me. I love those things. Don't own one, but have plenty of pals that do. That Wii can be fun.

So can "Gitar Hero", especially after a night of High Life's. grin

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I managed to avoid the craze...almost..
I'm old enough that the last time I did anything like that it involved a brunette, a 12 pack of Coronoas, and Jimmied up controls to give a warp factor to " Space Invaders"...
Not going into detail... wink
Couldn't remember it if I wanted to.... shocked
Ingwe

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well guys, I finally met Grizzly Bill. Let me tell you...there can't be a nicer guy around, and certianly not a nicer guy to fish with. We had fun right from the start.

He and met for a fishing trip on the WI River at a boat landing, early AM on Sat.

We had a GREAT time catching walleyes. Nobody got a monster, but Bill got the trophy of the day. Fishing wasn't fast and furious, but it was steady. We probably caought 15-20 walleyes, and the the guide got out fished so it was a good trip.

Here is Grizz's trophy, you'd never believe that it pulled drag like a mother.
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Thanks for the kind words Tom. It was certainly a pleasure to finely meet you. We'll have to hit the river again, but next time lets try the Point flowage.

By-the-way, that monster I'm holding is the bait we used to catch the bait that we need to catch the monster Eyes that lurk in the Wisconsin River. Try saying that 3 times fast.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Good trip you guys had.I'm glad you didn't hurt your back pulling that one in.
I'm so weak willed.I saw another 45/70 Handi rifle at a very good price on Gunbroker and I lurked until 17 minutes before auction close and pounced in and bought it.This one is rather unique.When Remington bought NEF last year they moved the plant to Ilion,NY which is the home plant of Remington.The rifle I bought was made by Remington so it is this year's production.
It is a wee bit cooler here the past two days due to a dip in the jet stream.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool Stan, nothing wrong with another buck swatter! We've been a bit cool here since January. Take a look at Bill in the picture above. Yes it is July and he's wearing a sweatshirt and a vest. I had a sweatshirt on too.

I don't mind though, kind of like it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice find Stan. Your going to have the market cornered on Handi rifes. The last couple of days here have been more like early fall here. Lots of new record low, daily high temps set Friday and Saturday.

Stan, there's an article in the July/August "Bear Hunting" magazine about 2 new big bore calibers that Doug Turnbull is making. He takes 45-70 and 450 Marlins and converts them to 470 or 475 Turnbulls. Both use a .475 bullet. He'll also do the same with 1886 Winchesters. Probably have to get some stimulus money from the prez in order to buy one though.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
well I got my bote...err boat out yesterday. I enlisted my 14 year old brother to help me take out my 5 year old and her 7 and 10 year old cousins on a sunny fishing trip. We had a great time, kept about 30 nice ones and even entered Lauren's biggest in the Alex area fishing contest. She is tied for the season's biggest sunny in the junior division with an 11 oz bluegill (it was 9 1/2 inches long). I was a little surprised it didnt weight a smidge more, it was a big'un. Then again, it was hours after we caught it. But Lauren is tickled pink to be leading the contest, even though she really doesnt know what a fishing contest is.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
well I've got a blueberry report, and it aint so good.

one of our better spots for picking was looking pretty poor yesterday. We'll have to get out on the wheelers & see if we can find some good ones but it's looking a bit discouraging right now.

they are turning though, you can find some blue ones now So I guess the picking season is on, just might be slim pickins is all.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hopefully she'll win a prize. She'll always remember it if she does.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, how do the blackberries look?

Page 197 of 1,842 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

242 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 257 mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 20 invisible), 1,821 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,356
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.