Print Thread
Hop To
J
JMB Fan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I have found a BPS "factory" tactical shotgun that I am thinking of buying. The shotgun comes with a matte finish, a 20 inch cylinder choke barrel with a heat shield and a rail mounted to the under side of the 7 round shell tube. The seller says that Browning made a very limited "uncataloged" run of these tactical variations in 2008.

Has anyone here heard of a limited factory run of Browning Pumps converted to a tactical shotgun OR am I looking at a an aftermarket put together gun?

Thank our servicemen and women for their sacrifices.
Thank John M. Browning for his firearms inventions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My guess would be an aftermarket job, you may consider contacting someone from Browning customer service. Or you could try checking it by the serial #. The claim of it being "uncataloged" seems to be questionable.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
K
K
JBM Fan,

Browning does make a factory 12 ga. BPS with a 20" cylinder choke barrel, matte finish & synthetic. I do not know if they come with a heat shield or a rail mount. I have seen both wood & synthetic stocked versions over the years that were all factory built. The 2009 printed catalog does not show this model, but the last time I looked on their web-site, it was there.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
These are a standard BPS receiver, plastic stock, with extended mag tube and an open fixed choke. HD gun for a decent price. Have not seen one in a shop in a long time. Picked one up a few years ago on clearance at a shop for less than $300. The synthetic stock on the BPS is of better quality than the 870 tactical (toy like quality). IMHO.

J
JMB Fan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks for all the replies. I have seen references to the factory BPS tactical type with a two shot extension (without the heat shield or the rail) but those sources were all currently sold out. I have seen the same shotgun w/o the extension tube on local gun store shelves for a better new price than what the seller of the used "uncataloged" gun is asking. I think I will stick with the new "untinkered with" version. I can add a rail if I decide to add a light.

Thank our servicemen and women for their sacrifices.
Thank John M. Browning for his firearms inventions.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 1234, 62 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,466
Posts18,508,335
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.