Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Spike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Okay you misfits, I invited Boddington to join our little Pow Wow. If by chance he is up for the adventure and stops in, please welcome him as we would any other guest. I tried to explain to him the "Poatal Match" but I think 'you had to be there' to truly understand its history. I tried.<P>BTW, for those not having shot the targets, get to it...ya woosies! What are you afraid of, a little white charging piece of paper? Geeeezzzzz!<P>Col. Boddington, welcome to the campfire.<P>

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spike,<BR>You're certainly well connected.<P>Col.Boddington,<P>Welcome! Pull up a log and tell us a few hunting stories. I welcome your experience.

James
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's what I love about these forums. You get input from people with the kind of experience I'd need two lifetimes to get.<P>Whether you agree with them or not, we have Ken Howell, at least we did on the "other" site, Butch Searcy, George Hoffman, Melvin Forbes, I've seen D'Arcy Echols handle a few times, and I know that's forgetting some others. (I'd include JJ's name but you know how shy he is [Linked Image] ). I understand Mr. Tubbs posts on one of these forums as well. Also many, many more who are just as experienced but perhaps not so well known.<P>On an unrelated thread, c'mon you guys, get with the program and shoot that Poatal Match. Spike is sending his targets in so he obviously survived the charge. But ya know, his postings do seem off somehow, like they were typed with only one hand. Makes me suspect he may he been mauled a bit [Linked Image].<p>[This message has been edited by Jim in Idaho (edited February 12, 2001).]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Col. Boddington,<P>Been reading your stuff for a long time--welcome!<P>I think you ought to shoot in the Poatal Match. Just be glad we're not shooting last year's format--but I suppose you always take a 5 gallon bucket to the range with you.<P>Wade

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Craig,<P>I took the opportunity, while visiting Mt View Sporting Goods in Anchorage, to pick up a copy of Safari Rifles.<P>I enjoyed reading it, and learned a lot! Also borrowed the American version of the book from the library.<P>Just what we needed here, another lefty! [Linked Image]<P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A>

Brian

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ahdeegah Boddington! Welcome to the igloo. ~~~Suluuq, the resident Eskimo

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reading this thread, I could swear you guys are all talking to yourselves! Haven't seen hide nor hair of Mr. Boddington yet, but your comments are interesting nonetheless- almost as if he was actually here. [Linked Image]<BR>Mr. Boddington, if you are reading this, me and Tex take turns getting our feet stuck in our mouths, so humor us while we take our pills, ok? We'll be almost normal in a little while - Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes Sheister, I felt a little silly writing to somebody who may not be here.<P>Thanks for pointing out how silly we are! [Linked Image]<P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A>

Brian

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Welcome indeed. I have long enjoyed the writing but as resident new guy and camp wood chopper I'll just shut up now and hope you visit. Mike.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Welcome Col. Boddington. I do hope you visit sometime (and this guy isn't pulling our legs).<BR> I read several of his articles in Rifle Shooter magazine. Any other suscribers?<BR>

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh yeah, why are we all misfits?

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
S
Spike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Okay misfits (bh, consider it a term of endearment) talk about putting the pressure on a guy. Whether or not Craig shows is left to his own decision but I have invited him, actually I invited him to "the other place" and had to inform him we are no longer there. He replied he would try and join the chat room. I started this thread to give him a place to go and make it easy. Won't I feel like a fool if he doesn't participate.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Spike: The last thing you have to worry about is looking like a fool. You invited a friend to come visit. Its nice that you shared it with us, but it is, as you mentioned, Craigs choice. Thanks for inviting him anyway.<P>Tex<P>------------------<BR>Deja Moo - The feeling I've heard this B.S. before?<P>Apologies to Pete Millan for stealing his signature.

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spike,<P>I will be <I>very</I> interested to hear the Colonel's version of that elk hunt the two of you went on last year. I couldn't believe it when you posted the pics (how come there weren't any of the two of you together??) I want to ask Colonel Boddington if he really did ask you for tips on locating elk to put in his article. I hope he man enough to admit to wearing those flower print longjohns you told us about. But I suppose it's OK for you to rib him a little since you guys have been on more than a dozen trips together. Must be neat having him as a "close personal friend" (I believe those were your words). Anyway, I look forward to seeing him here. You're the man Spike!<P>Wade

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
S
Spike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Oh great, thanks Waders. There goes that chance of showing him we're all 'normal'. [Linked Image]<P>If nothing else this has been a fun thread, suppose I'll take it and run with it...<P>Did I ever tell ya all about the time Craig and I hunted them gators in the swamps of Floreeeeda? Darn near lost my toes, luckly the good Colonel was carrying the double....<P>(Suluq add a few lines here and the rest of you pick up where the last guy left off. Let's see what we can do with this and show off our imaginative minds)<P>[oh man, I realy hope he doesn't show up now.]

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotta jump on this one!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Did I ever tell ya all about the time Craig and I hunted them gators in the swamps of Floreeeeda? Darn near lost my toes, luckly the good Colonel was carrying the double....</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B>bacon, cheeseburger! The "Bodd", with his lightening quick reflexes, honed by years of typing "USMC (Reserve)", was able to quickly rip the wrapper off the McBLT (and dispose of said wrapper in an enviromentaly correct fashion), and distract those nasty 'gators just long enough for Spike to...</B> <P>Next. [Linked Image]<P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A>

Brian

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spike,<P>Is this Boddington thing for real or just another blonde post?<P>Blaine

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lets start one on our favorite gun writer, like as if he was going to come here too. Lets have a shin dig! I'll bring the muk-tuk, what you bringing?<BR>Well, Mr. Seyfried, welcome to the campfire. [Linked Image] ~~~Suluuq

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What do we need wit a lousy Colonel here? We got General Delivery don't we?<BR>BCR<BR><P>------------------<BR>A 45 BEATS 4 ACES EVERYTIME

Quando Omni Moritati
S
Spike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
AFP,<P>It's the real meal deal. He's been in invited. His a regular guy just like me and you, puts his pants on one leg at a time. Only difference with him is he has a 'dream job'. He seems like a very nice down to earth guy and it wouldn't surprise me if he paid us a visit.<P>BW, OMG the tears were flowing from lauging so hard. [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1234, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,531
Posts18,491,186
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.