Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Saw one at the store the other day and I liked it. Liked it alot acctually. Very comfortable as well.

Currently I have a Badlands 2200 and overall I like the pack but its missing something. Seems like it wasnt thought out very well.

Anyways how do the Elberstock X1's stack up? Mainly going to be using it for a daypack, but some weekend hunts are going to be in the future.

Also how tight is the rifle scabbard? Is it pretty tight fitting a scoped rifle in there?

GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ive been considering a "X1" also. Would love to see opinions.

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You can fit an entire quartered deer in one (well with one quarter strapped outside) but I wouldn't recommend it.

I've used it a BUNCH as a 'day' pack but I wouldn't take it if I wasn't close enough to come out and get a bigger pack to lug a critter out again.

It is what it is but it weren't designed for hauling game.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Oh, it carries a rifle just fine thought I seldom use it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have one and I can say the same thing as steelhead. Seldom use the rifle carrier, Great day pack but is not meant to carry game. the pockets take some getting used to.
I bought a J104 as well for more room.
I may consider selling my x-1 pm if interested

Goodnight Chesty Puller... Wherever you are.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Have you considered the Gunslinger? Kind of in between the X1 and J104.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Howdoo Mudbogger !

I have an x-1 -my opinion -the rifle scabbard is a flop !
It puts the rifle straight down your spinal column pulling the pack away from the inward arch of the lower back.This makes the pack give you the tipping over backwards feel ,and when loaded full this is amplfied greatly.
My advice is skip the standard issue "one size fits all" packs and get a backpack that fits -you-.
I have a couple of osprey packs and can't say enough about how well they fit and carry a load.
I'm going to keep my x-1 for hunting off of a dirt-bike -other than that they are not for me.
Good luck ! -Mike

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It did'nt work for me either. I'm an average sized guy 5'11" 200lbs and an average torso. The waist band was either around my belly button (too high for me) or I had to let the shoulder straps out all the way which sucked too. I think the pack itself is well made but like others have said its non adjustable. After this pack and a badlands superday I decided to spend a few extra bucks and bought a mystery ranch super sweet. I never knew how great a custom fit pack could feel....Just my 2 cents.

C
C
Opinion here.. I am a retired Green Beret and I hate most packs out there these days...Problem is there are hunting packs and packing packs..

Hunting pack carries all your gear in an organized manner. I like to put it in these terms.. If you can't find the claymore and the caps in the dark you can't fight.. so I like pockets for hunting and surviving..

Packing packs- are for putting odd shaped things such as quarters and meat.

I have switched to a pack near a old style Alice pack from the Army which offers all of the above. Packing and organization but I am still limited on that too..

I tend to go in for a few days up to a week.. I am still looking for the perfect pack.. I am thinking about the Blackhawk pack for long range recon..

I tried the Eberlestock, and Badlands.. Hate them.. they pack ok, but they are expensive duffle bags.. I have a few miles of packing in my past and they don't make it..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was also looking at this brand name of pack, I was looking at the J104 or J107, anyone got an opinion on thoese (2) models?

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I was looking at the J104 or J107, anyone got an opinion on thoese (2) models?

I used the J104 for one season.

See below advise for it.

I have an x-1 -my opinion -the rifle scabbard is a flop !
It puts the rifle straight down your spinal column pulling the pack away from the inward arch of the lower back.This makes the pack give you the tipping over backwards feel ,and when loaded full this is amplfied greatly.
My advice is skip the standard issue "one size fits all" packs and get a backpack that fits -you-

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I think you guys me including that have the older X1 you couldn't adjust the torso but the new ones you can. I am using this pack primarily for bow hunting because I can carry my bow high enough to keep it off the tire when riding a bike. I like the gun scabbard when scouting or coyote hunting it works ok me.

I did some modifications to mine I put a strap around the lower bag to keep closed it use to open up and catch on stuff. I added some elastic bands to the bottle carriers they were not deep enough to put water bottles in there when hiking with my dogs. Now it does what I want it to do.

I have yet to find the perfect day pack.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 270LightningBLR
I was also looking at this brand name of pack, I was looking at the J104 or J107, anyone got an opinion on thoese (2) models?

I bought a MR Crew Cab during their Paint it Black sale. I used my MR pack ONCE and sent the J107 down the road.

That reminds me though, I need to order a Gun Bearer from Kifaru before rifle season.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks guys, Cowkiller offerd his up at a fair price so I'm goona give it a try.

Cant see it carrying a rifle very often but its nice to know. Looks like a good spot for a fish pole or two though..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (160user, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,763 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,775
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.