Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Eremicus
You ain't stopping anything or anyone with a handgun round unless it's a head shot ? E

You miss quoted me...

Originally Posted by Dogshooter
unless it's a hit to the CNS... ya ain't stoppin' anything with a handgun round.

Just as in big game hunting... there truly are no absolutes... other than shot placement, and even that can produce various results. And they do run dry pretty quick... but the 1911 runs dry twice as quick.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Eremicus
You ain't stopping anything or anyone with a handgun round unless it's a head shot ? E

You miss quoted me...

unless it's a hit to the CNS... ya ain't stoppin' anything with a handgun round.

Just as in big game hunting... there truly are no absolutes... other than shot placement, and even that can produce various results. And they do run dry pretty quick... but the 1911 runs dry twice as quick.

BS.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Which part is BS?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What part is BS?

This part:

Fact is... unless it's a hit to the CNS... ya ain't stoppin' anything with a handgun round.

[Linked Image]

I've seen it.........more than once; also with a shotgun.

I'm certain VA has seen it too.

I was in agreement with most of your comments 'til that one.

MM

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I could shoot you with a bow... and you'd eventually stop... but a shot to the CNS ends it NOW... that is for sure and for certain... with a handgun round nothing else is. I'm sure that there are many instances of bad guys taking a single round to the chest and dropping on the spot... but that certainly is a best case scenario... and surely can't be relied upon... no matter the caliber. I'm not saying that a BG won't be killed... or won't go right down... I'm just saying that the only CERTAIN STOP... is a round to the spine or brain... if it isn't there... then all bets are off...

A shotgun blast causes expinentially more damage... and can't even be compared to a pistol round.

I fully respect the experience of those who've been there, and done that... and I'm sure you've seen the opposite happen too... that's why I was simply stopping about a SURE way to end the encounter.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a somewhat different spin than saying that the only stopping shot with a handgun is a hit on the CNS...................

MM

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I agree... what I meant was... the only SURE way to stop something with a handgun... is a shot to the CNS... other than that... it's a roll of the dice. You could stop a fight with a well thrown rock every once in a while too... but I wouldn't rely on that either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dogshooter, now don't you volunteer to stand up in front of a shooter with a .357 mag, 45acp or 10mm handgun and let him shoot you in the chest at 30 feet. I will send a rose at your wake ok!

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Let me get high on crack, rob two banks, rape a shetland pony, hi-jack a school bus full of penguins, and break into your house first... or, I could just register as a democrat... same thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A handgun is better than no gun. Bigger is better -about sums it up I guess. In defense of Dogshooter here is a bit from a famous shootout (re: the Soulis incident) Freaking remarkable -and must have felt like a bad dream to the gallant officer.

The Aftermath
Remarkably, Palmer had taken 22 hits from Soulis' .40-caliber Glock, 17 of which had hit center mass. Despite the fact that the weapon had been loaded with Ranger SXTs—considered by many to be one of the best man-stoppers available—Palmer lived for more than four minutes after the last shot was fired. His autopsy revealed nothing more than a small amount of alcohol in his bloodstream. Although Soulis could not have known it, Palmer was wanted for murder in a neighboring state

Last edited by kenjs1; 07/31/09.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (222Sako, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 29aholic, 12344mag, 1badf350, 40 invisible), 1,719 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,643
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.