Print Thread
Hop To
Page 202 of 1,842 1 2 200 201 202 203 204 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pictures Dave.

What the heck happened to that saw? Did it go through a fire?

Good job RWS. Dirt road, a truck and a boy, priceless.

Son received his official walking papers today. They've notified their travel insurance company to make their reservations for the trip home. We'll most likely leave for Portland this Thursday with a stopover in Yellowstone.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that saw looks a little rough but she's a worker!! Dusty's saw, he bought it many years ago from his uncle who cut with it out in the woods for years before Dusty bought it. It's a good saw, got real good lugging power even at low RPM.

my jonsred turbo crapped out on us, recoil busted.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i have a little saw work myself coming up. We have to take down about 18 oak trees where the house will go.

That buck is gonna be fairly decent. For some reason, as soon as I saw him, I thought of Weezy. I predict, right here and now, that Weezy is gonna take that bad boy down this year.

great news on the son coming home Griz, he will be a lot more comfortable here. I gotta believe in addition to the stress of the medical issues, you always wonder just what kinda care you are gonna get outside the US.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Those jonsred's are nice saws, but they give me nightmares. I had to use one about 10 years ago to clear property lines when I was first hired out of college. I swear that thing was a V-8. It must have weighed 100lbs.

I loved to blow that thing in to a million tiny parts....a big ol jonsred explosion, POW, BANG, POP! all over that stinking subdivision. Oh, yeah, thats better. grin

I have a Stil now, and it cuts way more that a saw like that should. It is only a 250, or 025 or what ever they call the damn thing.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Great news Grizz. I'm guessing you're going to have on happy little boy on your trip too.

Yellowstone is on my list of "to do's" with my kids. My wife doesn't want to do it, so it may be only 3 of us.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

That buck is gonna be fairly decent. For some reason, as soon as I saw him, I thought of Weezy. I predict, right here and now, that Weezy is gonna take that bad boy down this year.

Yeah, that first buck looked pretty dang nice I thought. Get 'em Weezy! Get him like heck. grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I dub thee "Weezy Buck".

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yellowstone just got scrapped. DIL just called, they're arriving in Portland early Sunday afternoon. We can't leave till Thursday so we'll have to head direct to Portland. We'll get there Saturday evening.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What's the drive time Bill?

Was muskie fishing w/ FIL yesterday in Villas Co. Tzone 0, Muskies 1. We fished the hell out of 'em and saw 1 fish in 7 hours. Long day.

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Bill, good news on the son. Sounds like he got excellent care and is rebounding well. Sounds like the ND crew has camp chores well at hand. The truck pic was great...it was missing the keg hose running thru the back sliding window but that can be worked on...lol. Guess till then the Sprite can will work. We are still doing well on the walleyes here on the Bay..but this is fast turning into the summer that wasn't. We have recorded the coldest July in history here but i think the upper Lakes region is all in the same boat. Nice to catch up on this thread again.

Have Fun All!
Scott

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
1,957 miles, 3 days of driving if we take 94 Tom.

We're staying for 2 weeks because our son can not drive yet. Sounds like there's going to be a big welcome home contingent at the airport to greet them.

Keep trying for them skis, you'll win the battle one of these days.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Griz,
Have a safe trip.I'm happy that everything has worked out ok for your son.

Stan in SC

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
I dub thee "Weezy Buck".

Did everyone forget about Ma??? confused

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bill,
Glad to hear your son is coming home! Also glad to hear he's on the mend.
Now I'm done posting for another 20 pages or so.
Mrs. ND

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great news Bill !!!!
Here's to a safe , long over due trip home !!

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Three fun filled days on the road with a 4 year old. eek

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Git-r-done Bill!! grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tzone,
I fished Vilas county once. I was there with a guy who grew up there and became a muskie-aholic. We didnt catch anything big, but caught quite a few. Did you try by the dam by Manitowish Waters? That is where we spanked them. Cast right into the big turbulent current coming out from the dam.

Bill,
A little car-travleing trick....4 years might be a little young, but it might work. Get a roll of quarters (or something else he likes...suckers?) and then challenge him to things and when he finds a red truck or a cow give him one.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Bill,
A little car-travleing trick....4 years might be a little young, but it might work. Get a roll of quarters (or something else he likes...suckers?) and then challenge him to things and when he finds a red truck or a cow give him one.

Or just give him a Tylenol PM when you head out each day.... whistle
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mrs. ND,I thought Olf Forkytoes was marked for you and that lil ol young buck in the picture would be a good start for Weezy.

Stan in SC

Jeez Dave,NOW you've done it.I WAS on her good side.

Page 202 of 1,842 1 2 200 201 202 203 204 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, Amos63, 8 invisible), 1,510 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.