Something clever here.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Mrs. ND,I thought Olf Forkytoes was marked for you and that lil ol young buck in the picture would be a good start for Weezy.

Stan in SC

Jeez Dave,NOW you've done it.I WAS on her good side.

hey man, you did it! grin

you have to be very clear & specific when comunicating with the women folk, you know that better than I do Stan! grin

Nice recovery tho... very smooooth whistle grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BM, Could idea, we'll try it. He has his DVD player so that helps keep him occupied too. By-the-Way we'll be passing by Alex sometime Thursday. If you happen to see a gray Mazda Tribute on 94 with Oregon plates that would be us.

Ingwe, I was temped to get childrens Benadryl. Doctors even recommend it for traveling with young children on planes.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Griz, wave when you go by! but forgive me if i dont stake out the freeway looking for ya.

Tonite we are off planting a food plot. The lil girl is excited to go to the (this is her term and it is no where near as sexy as "Camp Chickenbuck"....) Hunting Deer Land. She will get to ride on the four wheeler and run around. I will try and take a few pics if i can remember. I dont know how ND remembers the camera all the time.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Holy buckets! I had 12 pages to catch up on. Good think I have an hour for lunch!

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Jim

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm disappointed you're not going to stake out the over pass by fleet farm and watch for us. grin

Did your daughter win the fishing contest?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
I dub thee "Weezy Buck".

Did everyone forget about Ma??? confused

Heck no we didn't forget about ma...Who do you think is going to shoot 'Ol forky toes?

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ingwe

Or just give him a Tylenol PM when you head out each day.... whistle
Ingwe

Funny. My grandma used to give us a road trip "lemon pop". I had one of those lemon pops a few years ago and it had the distinct flavor of rum in it. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Beretta,

I fish up there quit a bit for those ol skis...The lake we go on, well I can't tell you that, my FIL would kill me. But it's a good one. We were behind that cold front and it was tough fishing. Usually we'll move 5-10 of those old girls. I'll try her again in a few weeks.

I only have about another month to 6 weeks of fishing, then it's time to transition into deer mode. grin Gosh its nice to say that. smile

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
I dub thee "Weezy Buck".

Did everyone forget about Ma??? confused

Heck no we didn't forget about ma...Who do you think is going to shoot 'Ol forky toes?

Yeah I guess I forgot about good 'ol forky toes...sorry to everyone...I was being, well um...selfish. But actually I'm thinking of 'lending' my nice heated stand to Uncle Dusty and one sweet girl that might hunt with him. She's a real good shot too! Proved that this weekend. I don't mind and would love it if she could shoot something out of there and she'd be warm too. That may just hook her forever.
Runs with scissors hunts this year too so I may be tied up in the cabin with "plays with matches" and its ok. Just fun being out there and watching the camp come alive with every person that comes out there, is good enough for me.
I've waited this long for 'ol forky toes, I can wait another couple years...no big deal. grin And just imagine what he'll be like then...whoot!!

"I'm not crying!!"
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
forky is a big ole mo-fo. if he's still around you better try to line your sights up on him this fall because he's got to be as big and healthy as he's ever going to get. He may even be on the down hill slide already. Any white tail that leaves tracks the size of a 12 ounce beverage can laying on it's side is as good as we're going to ever encounter with our primitive ways of fair chase without huge scientific food plots & growth enhancing minerals dumped by the ton, high fences etc.

I've been chasing deer in MN forest areas for quite a few years. I've never seen a deer leave a track like this guy does. Left to right he puts em apart wide & the stride is long. At a relaxed gate, simple walking the toes splay out & the dewclaws lay in hard on fairly firm ground. He leaves a deep track where average deer float on top barely leaving there print.

He�s a big deer, the boys & I think we got the headlights on him once last winter during black powder season. The smoke poles were put away at the cabin & we were leaving the chickenbuck to go and visit another camp. On our way out of chickenbuck we spotted a couple of deer. I had to back the truck up & swing the headlight beams through the trees until we got a light beam on his body. He never showed his head but he wasn�t your average run of the mill deer like the little bucks I showed early this week from my trail cam. He was a hog, he never showed us his head though. It was just sort of a teaser appearance.

We have lots of stands and we have lots of people to take turns watching our youngest back at the cabin.

I know I speak for the entire chickenbuck clan when I say �Pam, just shut up & hunt.�

grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I see the deer fever is starting to set in. Boy, were they out last nite! We counted over 20 when working on the food plot. 1 big buck and 1 small 8. Oh, and i forgot to take any pictures. Dadgumit!

Nope, she didnt win the contest. She was tied for the Season lead, then a kid caught one quite a bit bigger. Oh, well, she got her picture in the paper and it is on the fridge right now. She is pretty proud of that.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Too bad she didn't win, but getting her picture in the paper is a pretty big deal too.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Do I get to come back if I shoot him? grin

mrsnortherndave....in the cabin might not be the best place to watch "plays with matches". With an indian name like that, outside might be a better place. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
might even take him to a stand with me for a bit this year... maybe ground blind for a bit.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ground blind might be a better idea. He can move around a lot more, and he will move around. If he falls from a blind, it's 2 feet. grin

I brought a book for "mini man" to play with when we went trukey hunting, but he wanted to shoot stuff with his "stick gun" and had more fun doing it. Never took the book from my pocket.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gents,
I have a friend who is looking to sell an old Ford. I remember the old Ford conversations we had here awhile back, so I thought I would post this for him to see if anyone was interested.

"Anyone interested in this pickup. It's my dad's and he has two other cars so he hasn't driven it since last fall. It's in ok shape few bangs here and there but little if any rust (was kept inside all it's life. It has a 360 with three on the tree. Around 110,000 miles (maybe 117,000) I'm thinking around $750 or so. Let me know if anyone is interested or knows of someone who may be interested."

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What year, 4x4 or 2x4, does it run?

I may be interested, the motor doesn't turn my crank (pun intended), but that can be changed.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
with 360 i'd guess it's in that 68-72 vintage & with three in the tree I'd guess 2 wheel drive?

I am looking for a cheap 68-72 vintage with a decent body as a donor truck, don't need to run, don't even need a title.... cause i'm going to do bad things to it... very bad things... (evil laugh) grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What are you going to do?

I wouldn't mind one either, I need front disc, which I think started in 73, power brake booster, crap like that. Most of which I can get a junk yard, or swap meet.

Haven't looked that hard, because I don't need them right now, but if the oppertunity is a knockin'...

Page 203 of 1,842 1 2 201 202 203 204 205 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.