Print Thread
Hop To
Page 204 of 1,842 1 2 202 203 204 205 206 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i just need the body & what ever spare parts may be useful from it...

so i'm gonna strip it.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave

so i'm gonna strip it.

shocked Yer a stripper shocked

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

so i'm gonna strip it.

You puttin' on the plow truck chassis/drive train?

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey...I stapled a wood tick. I'm feeling evil today, and now a little crawly. grin

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's nice shoot'n Tom.

yes for the plow truck

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That plow truck could use a nice FE in it. Of course the what you have now is more better than a 360. I never saw the boner people got for the 360, a 352 gets better milage w/ same HP, a 390 beats it all around, with probably better milage as well.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
well actually the ole yellow gal sports a 360 from the factory & thats still what she's got. She does really good too. the power is more than the truck can put to the ground, dual plane edelbrock intake, Q-jet spread bore 4 barrel... she's got a strong cam, unsure on the comp ratio but I really like the motor. I'll snap a pic for ya & post... it's been a while since I shined the engine up.... oh wait, i don't think it's ever been shined up grin

and it is an FE... it's just the fe that slipped through the history cracks grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
forky is a big ole mo-fo. if he's still around you better try to line your sights up on him this fall because he's got to be as big and healthy as he's ever going to get. He may even be on the down hill slide already. Any white tail that leaves tracks the size of a 12 ounce beverage can laying on it's side is as good as we're going to ever encounter with our primitive ways of fair chase without huge scientific food plots & growth enhancing minerals dumped by the ton, high fences etc.

I've been chasing deer in MN forest areas for quite a few years. I've never seen a deer leave a track like this guy does. Left to right he puts em apart wide & the stride is long. At a relaxed gate, simple walking the toes splay out & the dewclaws lay in hard on fairly firm ground. He leaves a deep track where average deer float on top barely leaving there print.

He�s a big deer, the boys & I think we got the headlights on him once last winter during black powder season. The smoke poles were put away at the cabin & we were leaving the chickenbuck to go and visit another camp. On our way out of chickenbuck we spotted a couple of deer. I had to back the truck up & swing the headlight beams through the trees until we got a light beam on his body. He never showed his head but he wasn�t your average run of the mill deer like the little bucks I showed early this week from my trail cam. He was a hog, he never showed us his head though. It was just sort of a teaser appearance.

We have lots of stands and we have lots of people to take turns watching our youngest back at the cabin.

I know I speak for the entire chickenbuck clan when I say �Pam, just shut up & hunt.�

grin

I can verify that. I was one of the "boys" who saw the "moose with the white tail"

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Hey...I stapled a wood tick. I'm feeling evil today, and now a little crawly. grin

Shaun's gonna be PI$$ED!!

grin

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Runs with scissors here...checking into Camp Chickenbuck thread for the first time.

Hold my mountain dew & watch this.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Welcome , nice to have ya here RWS cool

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
runswithscissors,
I am glad you joined in.Please be here often.
Your dad needs watching.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by tzone

Shaun's gonna be PI$$ED!!

grin

I was wondering who was gonna be the first to mention that. It was either staple him to the note pad, or my thigh...:)

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
For some reason I was thinking you had a 400 in her. Do you like that Q-jet? That is Chevy carb isn't it?

Yours seems to be working for you. I had 2 different trucks with a 360 in them, and they just didn't do it for me...however, they were both 2 barrel, stock motors. I had a 390 2v in a 76 f150 and it was a night and day difference.

If I'm not mistaken...the 360 is a 352 with a 390 crank right?

Oh yeah, nice pics. I like the valve covers.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey! Nice to finally hear from you RWS!!!!

Looked like a pretty nice piece of driving you did there last weekend. grin You'll be a pro in no time. You must have liked it, you were smiling like heck.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i'll be damned. see what happens when I go work out in the shop for a bit? dang ole RWS sneekin in here grin

Glad you signed on boy, I take it your mom helped you with your account. I'll hook you up with an avatar.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by runswithscissors
Runs with scissors here...checking into Camp Chickenbuck thread for the first time.

Hey RWS! 'bout time! What took you so long? Have your read the whole thread up to this point?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
working on more details on the '70 Ford. That year was a good vintage I hear....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by runswithscissors

Hey RWS! 'bout time! What took you so long? Have your read the whole thread up to this point?

thats a fine idea rooster, boy could use some reading time, this would keep him busy for 6 months grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Berettaman
working on more details on the '70 Ford. That year was a good vintage I hear....

Yeah you'd better still be checking on the details...for some reason I'm getting 'truck fever'.

"I'm not crying!!"
Page 204 of 1,842 1 2 202 203 204 205 206 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.