Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The choice is easy.

Buy the one that has the best price of the day. Everyone here says you will be pleased with either.

I had a half hour before dark and made it into the woods tonight. I did not see anything, but when it was too dark to see I could still see clearly thru the scope.

I got a better deal on a Conquest that day.

2 b 1 ask 1 !
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Dave: Looks to me like if you want a Conquest you're gonna have to get your own...... smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
"I like Leupold's looks, they are lighter and more svelte."

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Dr_Lou
"I like Leupold's looks, they are lighter and more svelte."

Amen!!
That's a 10X shot!!

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you can't shoot well and hunt well with either, leave them in the gun cabinet.

Rob

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
They impact test one scope from each production run for that reason. Not every one like Zeiss has been known to do. E

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn E, this place was quiet and pleasant for quite some time. Not pointing fingers but, mellow out bud! Don't let it get ya in a stir!

Rob

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
What ? The fact that Zeiss used to have problems with recoil breaking down their scopes is well known. Please note, "used to" as in past tense. E

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not arguing anything E, just asking you to calm down dude!

Rob

Rob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Eremicus
What ? The fact that Zeiss used to have problems with recoil breaking down their scopes is well known. Please note, "used to" as in past tense. E

Then why bring it up? Your posts ring of the childhood story, Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They impact test one scope from each production run for that reason. Not every one like Zeiss has been known to do. E

A solid bite on the first cast,that was just too easy. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

(Leupold)Tougher in many ways.

Myth number 1.
There might have been some very minor problems with early production Conquests.But the difference between Leupold and Ziess,is that when Zeiss has a problem they fix it.Loopies still are noted for flippie erectors and very poor tracking and pink colored reticles.

Diamond Coat Coatings for instance.

Myth number 2.
The Zeiss will have "T" coating.Developed by Ziess,far superior to whatever loopie can buy from there chicom suppliers.

When carried w/ sling against the body, they would tend not to move so much.

Myth number 3.
Euro scopes with fast focus have been carried all over the world for decades without the imaginary problems you invent for them.

I have yet to see any significant resolution differences when tested by those who understand how to do proper comparisions.

Myth number 4.
99 guys out of 100 who actually spend ANY quality time with a Conquest will tell the the Zeiss has the edge in resolution and a definite advantage in low light conditions.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I didn't "bring it up." Stubby did. Note his later post. He and Dave are odviously trying to start a $hitstorm. They aren't interested in any sort of discussion. Just in stirring things up.
Then in come guys like you, RD, who try to blame me for it. Nice try guys. E

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Not this time Dave. The last time you posted this sort of nonsense, and I responded in the spirit of discussion, you made it very clear you posted all that stuff simply to provoke a fight. You made no effort to respond to any of my points with any sort of facts at all. Now you are at it again. Nice try. E

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nonsense?
Whos posting nonsense now?
I respond to points that people make around here the same way you do.But I do it,without talking down to people.
This isn"t school and you definitely arn't the teacher.
Alittle less loopie coolaid and even the shortest of hands on with euro glass,and then saying you dont like it,its not for me.Would resolve your credibility problem around here.
Wanna have a beer? cool
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E, I went back and read through these posts and you are right. My apology.

Roy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well done, RDFinn.

So... I don't have the time to read the thread.... which IS better, Conquest or VX-3?
smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great job keeping your composure E.

Rob

Rob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really believe it is up to the idividual. Apparently, with the new VX3, they are much closer optically, however JB recently stated that the Conquest might be a little brighter still. The Leupold is lighter in weight and offers more reticle options and has a great track record of customer service. There are some good deals floating around on Conquests so that might be the deal breaker between the two.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Apparently, with the new VX3, they are much closer optically, however JB recently stated that the Conquest might be a little brighter still.

Elsewhere, and I bet to the disbelief of many, JB also found the VX-3 pretty much on par with the Swarovski Z6 in brightness/resolution.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,059
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.