Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Bushnell is advertising a "Trophy cam trail camera" with 1-year battery life! Looks a lot like the Covert 2 camera.

Well, all of my digging around the internet has shown my that the Covert 2, ScoutGuard, and Bushnell Trophy Cam are all made by the same company...Boly Media Corp. I believe. I think Bushnell noticed ha the Scoutguard was kicking but and they had to make "their" version to compete. There were even a few articles about this on either Chasingame.com or Trailcampro.com. Heck, if you even look at the instruction manuals between the TC and SG cameras, there are pretty much the same thing.
That being said, after all the stuff I read, I pulled the trigger and got a TrophyCam this week. Great battery life and a little more IR flash range than the ScoutGuard (Bushnell had them add another 2 LED's to the array). Plus I liked having the viewer right in the cam and not needing to take an additional remote controller to the field to reprogram like the ScoutGuard requires. I will say it was a very, very close call between those two cams though! smile

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree on the wildview, I bought 4 at $50 a piece.
they use an SD card, and I can check them with my digital camera on the spot, it can be handy for cams that are way out there.
here is one I got on a water tank, not bad for a $50 trail cam
[Linked Image]

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
We bought a game camera after a break in at a remote farm location. The crooks rigged the gate with the intent of coming back and the sheriff processing the claim suggested putting a game cam up and they recomended only one. Cuddiback.
We needed one that did not flash because the crooks would find so we got the IR capture model.
The D batteries ran over a month and took 1400 images of cattle, farm renter activity, and unfortunatley a small tree branch we forgot to trim.
It was expensive for my first time with a game camera and I would buy another one. Thinking about getting one for my lake cabin for security.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 51 invisible), 2,993 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,968
Posts18,519,591
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.