Print Thread
Hop To
Page 206 of 1,842 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
There are some new trail cam pics but just does & fawns this time.

wow it was a great weekend but I'm just shot! Need a day to rest up from our weekend grin

Here's some berry pickers hard at work.

[Linked Image]

A little boy exploring, he found a tiny frog that he had on this stick.

[Linked Image]

excercising the new saw on some tamarack.

[Linked Image]

nothing like a new full chisel chain.

[Linked Image]

a couple of happy campers.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
that looks like a happy camper.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 08/03/09.

Hold my mountain dew & watch this.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
wow it was a great weekend but I'm just shot! Need a day to rest up from our weekend

You can often measure the quality of a vacation by how much time you need to recover from it. wink

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
aint that the truth! grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow Dave, looks like a blast in the woods over the weekend. I need to stay home from the lake so we can come out and visit one night again. its always fun at daves house. its been so long since i've visited here, to much time in the boat this summer or something. Time to get ready for open season again!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Looks like a great weekend all around!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
come on out & bring that goofy lester with you.

grin

we were talking about you guys this past weekend.

all good ya know. grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lester and I had a little party to go on. We were on the leanord C at Sportsmans lodge Saturday night. and then He finished the night out at the Wigwam. I went to the cabin alot earlier than he made it home. I mentioned it to him this morning and he said those Flying critters could be pretty bad out at your place this year. We'll have to check on them!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well Griz,
At 1130 on Thurs I was eating lunch at the kitchen table. Nice of you to share some of those big dollars of yours with my community!

At 2 on Thurs though, we closed on our lot. Full steam ahead with the house project now....kinda. We start digging in a month. I gotta get rid of some trees first. Hey, ND, I am wishin' I had a fancy new chain saw like that to take on some trees. I will try printing yours out and see if that works. crazy

Had to go to the cities for a wedding and after being gone a month, yanno, I hate going there already!

I cant find my trail camera! Doggone it, i have no idea where it is. It must be in one of our storage trailers, but i cant find it. And there is all kinds of volunteer clover in front of my stand this year. I will keep looking.

Hey, does anyone or has anyone ever hunted deer outta a ground blind? One of those you buy? I have a perfect spot for one methinks, overlooking all that clover. Just wondering how they work and if they spook the deer. Or more importantly, do they spook the big bucks. Two different concepts, I know.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I don't know anything about "big bucks" but i keep trying to learn every year grin

but the ground blinds are pretty slick.

I have a friend that set up in an open field a few years ago with his ground blind during black powder season. He had a bunch of deer in the field but they were too far away. He had a pop up dome ground blind, they don't have a floor ya know...

So, he picked it up an inch or 2 with his rifle slung on his shoulder & he crept in to range with that ground blind, pick it up, take a few stepsm set it down grin

He got a deer too!!, he laughes about that all the time, sounds like something wiley coyote from bugs bunny cartoons would do.

Something clever here.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice bunch of blue berries Dave. I'm going to try and find some black berries while I'm out here. Looks like the family had a great weekend.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ha, that is a great idea! And it would work here too I bet. I might try and pick one up cheap some where. Plus, I could bring the girl out with me if we have a nice evening. Hmmm.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yep i think it would work just fine.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Bill, we don't get no blackberries up here, lots of raspberries though, we might pick some of them next weekend.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

and this is what Joe does in the morning... pee off a rock...

[Linked Image]

From that angle...it looks like plays with matches is showing his dis-pleasure for the 4 wheeler. grin

Smilin' like heck here, nice pics.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Hey, does anyone or has anyone ever hunted deer outta a ground blind? One of those you buy? I have a perfect spot for one methinks, overlooking all that clover. Just wondering how they work and if they spook the deer. Or more importantly, do they spook the big bucks. Two different concepts, I know.

I hunt from one most of the time I hunt. Usualy build them out of native vegitation, logs, pine boughs, ect.

I've used a "store blind" but not very often. If you're going to use manufactured one, I'd put it up plenty early, and maybe even "brush" it in with whatever is near the spot you pick.

If you hunt durring the rut, I think you could put a tiger out there and it wouldn't scare the bucks.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Bill, we don't get no blackberries up here, lots of raspberries though, we might pick some of them next weekend.

The ditches were silly with raspberries, where I was working today.

Plenty of bear poop too. crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
northern dave;
I absolutely love the photos of your recent deer camp outing Dave.

It�s nice to see what the other parts of the world look like where my cyber friends live and since I don�t travel too much, it could well be the only way I get to see them.

It�s always great to see any family activities in the outdoors, so another well done from me Dave!

Thanks again, your posts helped make my day yet again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I hunt exclusively from a ground blind for the past two years.I just decided the old man didn't belong up a tree.I bought an AAG one from Natchez.
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=JVAAG950
They are only $40 and the chair is built in.12 pounds.Set it anywhere.A small shower doesn't bother you.Sleeping is great.I had a doe practically stick her head in the window year before last.Turkeys walk right up to you.I highly recommend them.At that price I bought two.Still got a new one in the box.
On another note,Linda and I have picked figs from our backyard tree till we have too many to eat right now and there's still beacoup figs out there.The birds and squirrels are feasting big time.
Boys and frogs..Hmmmm...a good combination.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tzone,
"If you hunt durring the rut, I think you could put a tiger out there and it wouldn't scare the bucks."

That is what I used to think. Then last year, right in the middle of the rut, a big ol' buck comes running across this field. I had strategically parked my ATV away from where I wanted them to go into the woods I was hunting. Sure enough, he saw my ATV and he hated it. Looked at it, stopped, looked some more....and veered way around it. It ALMOST worked to perfection as he went in right exactly where I wanted him too. But then he turned not a step too late and went the wrong way. Dad watched him interact with the ATV and said he will NEVER believe that a parked ATV doesnt interfere with big bucks.

I think I will buy something, I will look at Stan's recommendation. Most of it is field so, it may be hard to conceal.

Page 206 of 1,842 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (1_deuce, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 10 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.