Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I got wind of this today. I did a GOOGLE Search and damned if I didn't find it.
Check it out for yourself.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hog: We have a pretty good Lobby in place (not the least of which is the American public for the most part). Having said that, I never put anything past treasonous democraps to stick it to the active and retired military on their quest to gain absolute power. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is absolute HORSESHEIT! They deserve better than taht DAMMIT, and no I don't qualify for it.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hog,

You gotta link to this? I find nothing on it.

Tom

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
From MOAA today, what is your source?....jim

President Vows to Protect TRICARE, VA

We've reported in previous columns and blogs about assurances we've received from legislators and staffers of both parties that there�s no intent to affect TRICARE or VA beneficiaries' benefits or taxes under ongoing national health reform initiatives.

President Obama called a small group of military-oriented reporters in for a White House interview this week to emphasize this point. Syndicated columnist Tom Philpott and the Stars and Stripes ran articles quoting the president as saying this effort will not diminish TRICARE or VA health benefits for service families or retirees.

"While his universal health care plan is still in flux, Obama is promising that none of the changes will affect Tricare or VA health services," according to Stars and Stripes.

We've also said you can never say "never." That's why MOAA and The Military Coalition have sent letters to every member of Congress and why MOAA has generated more than 35,000 member messages to Congress through our Web site, urging legislators to ensure military and VA health coverage isn�t curtailed or taxed under any reform bill.

On the Hill, Reps. Joe Wilson (R-SC) and Steve Buyer (R-IN) secured amendments to bills in the House aimed at ensuring those protections.

To date, we haven�t found anyone on the Hill who isn't supportive of protecting VA and TRICARE.

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
tsquare click on the GOOGLE search. Type THE END OF TRICARE FOR LIFE FOR MILITARY. It'll take you right to it.
hope this helps.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've emailed my Congresswoman regarding this...I'll post the response when I get it.

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks DoeSlayer
I have done the same. This health care issue has became a cancer in the threads of the fabric that holds this country together. 85% of america like their health care. the other 15% are probably on welfare or illegal imigrants. Lets fix the 15% and be happy. Hell of a lot better than socialized health care for all.

Sincerely
Rocky Bogart Ret.USAF

PS: Pass it on!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not going to say whether its true or not, because I simply have heard nothing about this. What I do know is that the DoD has a 20 year plan (the first phase of which starts for the National Guard on Monday the 10th) to transition the entirety of Armed Forces Medical Welfare and Monitoring away from the current system to a different and more cost effective approach. (I am a contractor on the project)

This new system will begin at the time of each service member's accession physical (actually when they fill out the 2807-1) and will transition seamlessly through that individual's career, retirement, and ultimately their death. If the TFL benefit is eliminated, it will be because it is being replaced my a more effective, economical, efficient, and easy to deliver method.

In addition, the plan (if fully developed) will provide unique and remarkable medical research resources because of the quality and volume of medical history data able to be managed and manipulated. That kind of data volume is unprecedented and will likely lead to improvements in the delivery of health care not only to our service members and veterans, but to everyone.

By all means, its always important to let your representatives know how important it is to support our service members and veterans, and I'd never discourage anyone from doing so, DO IT.

That being said, as I've looked around the other forums on this topic, I see a lot of blame being aimed at the current POTUS. The plans for this program existed prior to the current term, and were prepared and endorsed by the DOD and DHHS during the last administration.
To be clear, this is not a byproduct of the Obaminationalized plan.

Last edited by Aileinduinn; 08/07/09. Reason: "easy to deliver"

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh brother, every time I hear the words "seamless, more cost effective and efficient" from a GS worker or contractor I cringe. In thirty years of Naval Service I never saw it happen. Navy Medicine has gone to hell over the last few years and with every new program or measure professing the above promises, we got the exact opposite. You can't swing a dead cat in a Navy Medical facility without dealing with some surly I don'tgiveashit civilian and it makes me nuts. When we had mostly Corpsmen and Navy doctors & nurses and I wasn't happy, I could always impart some "behavior modification through stress" procedures and square stuff away. Good luck nowadays with that. THANK GOD that while on board ship, we still had nothing but sailors taking care of sailors.

IT is correct Obama (the marxist) didn't start this process, but thankfully we have enough retired brass looking at all this stuff to deliver us from a more "seamless, cost effective and more efficient" boondoggle. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FWIW when the reserves were forced to turn over their medical readiness services to the private sector through the RHRP, the 4 vendors that provided those services, brought the medical readiness standard up nearly 20% in just 6 years from its all time low in 1996. So don't try to feed me the fallacy that they were all doing it better. When it comes to the reserve and the guard they were drowning not waving.

The armed forces medical services have their hands full with constant attrition of doctors and virtually 40 plus continuous years of rotating war-level deployment. The reason those civvies are there is because there aren't enough military medical personnel to support the constant in-theater effort and deliver routine services and monitoring at home.

The Navy and the Air Force do pretty well on their own, and that's not going to change anytime soon.

BTW our company is run by retired brass:
Retired Lieutenant Colonel formerly with the XVIIIth Airborne
Retired Army Reserve Colonel and Legion of Merit recipient
Retired United States Air Force Colonel, Dentist, and founder of Consultancy Division of the Air Force Inspection Agency

And the former CMO of TRICARE

Last edited by Aileinduinn; 08/07/09. Reason: Brass

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If this president (lower case used deliberately)says he's gonna protect Tricare...then it's only a matter of time before he tries to get rid of it.

Dan
USAF Retired
Tricare beneficiary

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10gaugemag, 308ld, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 17 invisible), 1,742 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,630
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.