Print Thread
Hop To
Maser Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, what about this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGkRKT0Q-L4

What do you think of that? Do you think it is right to have a kid that young shoot a REAL gun when they aren't even into it to begin with? Just look at the kid. He doesn't even want to be doing that to begin with. I know because I have a kid that age and I was that age at one time. I shot my first gun when I was that kid's age and I wasn't into shooting either!

Maser Jr. has his airsoft gun and he loves it and he is supervised all the time just like the kid in the video is, but unlike the kid in the vid, my boy actually LIKES shooting.

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Will you ever get a clue?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
"it's best to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you're and idiot, that to open in and prove everyone right"

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
What a friggin Moron!

Whattya gonna do sue me?.....dare ya!

And dont PM me either!

Jerkoff!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Dumbphuckitude, defined.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The little punk just never learns, doe he? What an azzhole!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maser,
I try to overlook some of your 'weirdness' but you make it pretty difficult sometimes, kid.

I still hope you will mature into a man for your sake and that of your child, however.

Last edited by 340boy; 08/08/09.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here we go again laugh ...............Please remain seated and buckled up for your safety.

There could be some unforeseen turbulence as this topic descends!!

The turbulence I speak of could appear at any moment.......................... whistle

False Alarm!.... [Linked Image] laugh

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No Comment I thought it was pretty well expressed the first time around when origionally posted the subyect.

Once an Idiot always an Idiot. There's a great big diference between what was shown in the video and buying and giving a three year old a gun.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
STFU Maser

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Y'all reckon maser jr has bigger balls than his dad?

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Adkstalker
STFU Maser

+1,000,000,000!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Let me guess:

Maser209 (16 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply oh yea that kid looks real interested in shooting! funny thing is i had the same reaction pretty much when i shot my first gun which was an sks when i was that kids age. of course i wasnt lucky enough to have a 9mm. i had the real sks which is a 7.62x39mm and the recoil knocked me on my ass! my own son is 3 as well and hes learning airsoft first and he LOVES it!

I normally don't pile on, but I'm gonna agree with most. Like many, I started shooting at around 3 and couldn't get enough. My boy is four and has been shooting since mid-three himself. Guess how much I hear "Can we get my gun out and shoot"? I guess it boils down to the individual. In most cases that I know of the boy just wants to emulate his father. Airsoft, eh?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dude, this is such a loaded thread.

just get the kid a real gun and teach him how like we all learned. it wont kill him unless YOU drop the ball completely.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Maser Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
He technically already has a "real" gun ironeagle and has shot it already. Of course it was with them Super Colibri ammo, but still you get the point. My first gun that I could honestly call "my own" is a Daisy Legacy and it's being given to him when he gets older.

The other problem that arises is the fact with my odd and changing work schedule, I don't get out to shoot as much as I used to and the little airsoft shooting that my son and I do is backyard plinking of soda cans.

I'm just glad my better half and I agreed to get him the airsoft because he LOVES it! smile

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Must be I'm missed something here with all the negative replies...

One time at a range I encountered something very much like that video, only it was a five or six year old with an SKS and high-cap mags, idiot father in attendance. Ricochets were whining over the parking lot when I pulled in.

My nephews up in New York all got airsoft guns and they love 'em, constant wars and shotouts in the house. This is a step up from when we were kids and were using spring-powered bb-type pistols (calld "Sekiden" in England) to stage shootouts in the local junkyard. I still remember how much fun that was.

I didn't get airsoft for my own son, they weren't out back then and, yes, now I have problems even pointing a toy gun at someone.

But my "combat" experience with the Sekidens didn't make me more likely to shoot anyone with a real gun. Likewise my nephews, even though they only get to shoot when I am up there, don't have any problem distinguishing between toy and real and handling them accordingly, just as I did.

If I have a beef with anything along those lines its those friggin' computer driving games where they have a manual shifter. My son fried a clutch when starting to drive, trying to pull them lightning-quick gear shifts like you do on the games, not feeling for the clutch engagement at all.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, 11 invisible), 1,698 guests, and 766 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,970
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.