-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i bought a pair of dingos a couple years ago but couldn't find any with the pouch for a barlow knife

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only good thing about the 70's is the STEELERS were winning Super Bowls!!!!!

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
and beating the Cowboys not once but twice at that!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Except in '76 .... whistle

Then, after finishing 13�1 in 1976, the Raiders defeated the Steelers 24�7 in the AFC Championship game. Oakland then defeated the Minnesota Vikings, 32�14, in Super Bowl XI for the franchise's first NFL championship.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes but if Franco & Rocky not both been injured it would have been 3 straight for Pittsburgh!

As Bradshaw would say they beat us.......no whining they beat us.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
IC B2

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Worked on the Alaska pipeline 3 years.

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One point that I think has been skipped was living in the shadow of nuclear war. I remember being much more worried about the USSR then than Alquida(sp?) ever. On the whole everything seemed fake and crappy and we were glad to see the 70 gone.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nixon did more to destroy the country than just about anyone in the last 40 years, with maybe the exception of the current occupant of the White house.

Jimmy Carter and B-HO are so much worse they are not even in the same league. They are disasters of a magnitude not seen since FDR. They are/were without a doubt the worst presidents this conutry has ever had.

The only thing that really sets Nixon apart was getting caught doing what his predecessors had been doing.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Late '70"s? I was managing R&D contracts involving radio navigation (LORAN and a new concept later named GPS) and advanced radio communication systems. What we considered VERY advanced then is so obsolete today that it in museums.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Nixon prepped the ground for Carter, and if you don't include destroying what stability was left in the currency, and the expansion of the Federal government, I guess you could give Nixon a pass.

I personally feel that with only the former, he did more damage to the country than Carter. Without doubt he was/is better than the current occupant, but still nothing to write home about; certainly not worth defending as one of the great Presidents.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never said Nixon was a great president. And I don't know if Nixon expanded the government as much as GWB..............

It's just much more is made of Watergate than there really was. If they applied the same level of outrage to Clinton and B-HO, they would have never been elected.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Born in 1970, but the last two songs added to my iPod are:

1."For what it's worth" by Buffalo Springfield
2. "Southern Cross" Crosby, Stills and Nash

Mike

"For What It's Worth" is from 1967

"Southern Cross" is from 1982

Mike

Hmmm would have thought CS & N was older than that!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
But what I really miss? All the woodlots and old fields we shot our .22's and bows in are all gone under now, for houses... frown

Birdwatcher

Amen.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Scouts were not AMC, they were International Harvester. I had a 71 and a 78.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was married in the late 70s and already had my first born.
I still had my pony tail and my 70 Dodge Charger R/T.

Pat

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned.
When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot."
_ Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was kid in the 60's, fun time to be a kid,.
Drafted in 69.
Had just married my HS sweetie, she was seeing some one within a month of my departure.
I was out soon with a Honorable medical.
Life changed.
Found a party girl or two, and plenty of other fun things, till I am not so sure I remember a lot of the 70's.
I do know I had a hell of a lot of fun, feel fortunate to have lived through it, and that I am still paying in some ways.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Disco Sucked -- Long Live Rock n Roll !

All those stations that play "The Best of the 60s" or "The Best of the 70s" suck too -- They only play what Casey Casum said was best -- He never picked Zepplin or Tull or anything but pop.

Yeah the cars started getting getting bad right at the very end of the seventies, especially at the break to the 80s, but most all the kids I hung out with got stuck driving 10-15 year old cars anyway -- They ran.

The Class of '81 still Rules!!!!

BTW, earless prime Coyotes were $85.00 in the Rockies -- didn't even have to skin 'em -- Just throw 'em in the back of the truck and freeze 'em. There were fur buyers parked at local gas stations nearly every other day of the week all winter. It wasn't too hard to get the money to keep in beer and grass and keep the hot rods full of gas and fixed up with those kind of funds around. Then when everyone started calving and lambing in the spring, bounties came out, and you could sell all those 'yote ears for $25.00 more a pair. I hung out with guys that could fill a pickup or two a week with fur. (same deal on $40.00 coons, but no bounty)

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I still have a "Disco Sucks" shirt. It's in a cheap frame in the game room.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I started 9th grade in the Fall of 1972 and graduated college in the Spring of 1980 so I was a child of the 70's. My 1st car was a 69 Firebird that got 8mpg and registered 160 on the speedometer. I worked part time at $1.90/hr. when not playing football. Had to work at least 1 hour each day just to pay for the gas to get to and from work.

Had a lot of fun. The mill where my dad worked had a community pool where I worked summers as a lifeguard until the mill shut down in 77. I wish I could still get paid for hanging around with girls in bikinis.

You know the economy was probably worse then than now, but I was a kid who didn't know any better at the time.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL!!!

A kid I work with--My apprentice, is a twenty something.

I'll give him heck about his music when he plays his radio at work. One of the things I tell him is that it's no wonder kids shoot each other at school -- all of the music that they listen too just sounds really angry to me.

When he's heard enough of my bellyaching, he'll put it to a seventies station to try to appease me. After a while, I'll tell him , "If that $%^%$ station plays one more ^$^%#% Disco tune, I'm gonna smash that *&$&*# radio with a block!!!

Some days he probably thinks I might be hard to get along with!!! cry laugh laugh laugh

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (300_savage, 2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 673, 338reddog, 204guy, 17 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,912
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.