-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine will be going on a full stock model so I think any of them will look fine.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by true
$135 before shipping is a bit high, considering others not too long ago have gone for less than $100 shipped. At more than a third the cost of my rifles, they had better be damned fine looking. When / if you ask for a deposit, I couldn't make it unless I saw some high resolution photos - it's just too high of a price for an item I might not like.

Again, I'd be looking for two or three of these guys - depends on final price and if I want to replace my matte Silhouette with a shiny.

Lets get one thing COMPLETELY clear and upfront here. I never did nor will I ask for a deposit from you or anyone else. I'm funding this out of my own pocket. When they're ready you can buy one if you like them. If not it's no skin off my back.

Second, show me where you can get a polished and blued milled steel trigger guard for a CZ452 for less than $100 shipped and I'll call the guy up, cancel the order and buy one that you link here! I bet you can't and further more it's unrealistic to expect a man to design a CNC program to run 30 units, buy the steel, wear out several mill bits, run his CNC mill machine, polish them up and send them to a bluer and then sell them for less than $100 apiece shipped!

Third, if you don't like the product or the price don't buy one. It's really that simple. If you can have them built cheaper then do it. I bet you can't. The idea of this project is to build something nice not cheap. If you want cheap, that's already on your rifle.

BTW, they will be pretty damned fine looking when finished. They won't look like anything else that's ever been offered so far.

Terry
I agree 100%!That's an excellent deal.If I can get one for that price,you can put me down for one please sir.Thanks.P.S.,As to the shape ,the "In Between" would be fine for me as well.Thanks.

Last edited by shameless; 08/07/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Terry:

I'm in for two! Don't forget, send me a PM whenever you want the clams.

Carlos

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I need one for 22LR, I sent you a pm TC1

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Almost anything wold be better than the horrid guard that CZ puts on the 452. It works, but it really detracts from the guns otherwise great looks. I got my 2 RDs. Seems like there's a demand.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
IC B2

S
S
Please put me down for one of the trigger guards if it fits a CZ 452 Lux .22LR.

Brent

T
T
TC1, I think you misinterpreted about half of what I said (the deposit thing, others) and had fun attacking the other half.

My intent was not to crap on this thread, but it appears to be crapped on already.

When you get high resolution finish photos, I'll consider buying one or two for my FS and / or Ultra Lux .22LR.

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
You stated $135 was too high et cetera - not much way of misinterpreting that.

Me, I am in line and hoping they turn out nice -- whistle

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I know you're talking all .22LR, still do we know how different the .22WMR bottom metal is? In other words is it just a matter of mag slot in the metal? I have a file and a milling machine I can use...

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Plamemech, the guy building these ask the same question. But I didn't have an answer for him. It may not be a big deal all but I didn't have a WMR/HMR to send. Neither one of us liked the idea of building a part and not being able to test fit it.

Terry

IC B3

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is some more of this guy's skills on display. this is Dakota M98 3-position safety being recontoured and fitted to Remington 799 Mini Mauser. The center picture shows the before and after pics. He did the bases and bolt handle too. We are in good hands here wink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TC1
Here is some more of this guy's skills on display. this is Dakota M98 3-position safety being recontoured and fitted to Remington 799 Mini Mauser. The center picture shows the before and after pics. He did the bases and bolt handle too. We are in good hands here wink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

No kidding. BTW, what size Panatela is that?

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pan what? grin

Ha! Don't get me to lyin.

Terry

C
C
Any further word yet? I just got a CZ 453 Varmint, and love everything about it except for the trigger guard. The dealer and I were both blown away by the quality of the wood when it was taken out of the box.

[Linked Image]

I can fix the rough action (Nanolube to the rescue), but that cheap trigger guard has got to go.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Terry...anybody that "crawfish's" on you, let me know, I take another one in a heartbeat....
Some people still think "cheap and talent" go together....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Will do but I'll need to go trough the alternates first. I might have him talked into another run of these later.

Did you ever find the screw you were looking for? I ordered some HD springs from J&P Enterprises the other day and they had replacement screws. I don't know if they are what you're after.

Terry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No screws yet,but I'll get to it.
I looked at the 'new' Anshutz the other day and was NOT impressed with their bottom metal at all.It looks like 'plastic'
I think with this addition to the CZ,it puts the gun in a higher level....Thanks again for all your efforts!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

S
S
Is this group buy dead? I would sure like one for my 452 American

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Go back a page and find the other thread on this. and get in line with the rest of us wanting another run of these guards

R
R
hi
iam a new customer
i live in france
i search to buy 2 beatifuls custom trigger guard in remplacement of hugly CZ 452 origin
please would you inform me where its possible buy this
thanks by anticipation
regards
jc

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 163bc, 1234, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,265 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,996
Posts18,499,975
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.