Hop To
T
tbear99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
One of my friends sons is starting to do mechanical work and
I'm swapping ouit my 350 in my older 91 chevy pickup and was telling him other night as suggestion when he has a bunch of wires or lines or anything just take a few pics it would help him put it back together

while he can't be here to help asked me take detailed pics specificaly wiring and vacumm hoses so i took about 30 pics of topside for him.I think he is gonna make a personal repair book so in future if he needs to figure where something goes he can just look it up

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've done that a number of times, and not just with vehicles. Last winter my wife and I overhauled a couple antique stuffed chairs. The photos were very helpful in getting all the pieces back in the right places. Digital cameras are very handy and you don't have to print them if the puter is near where you're working

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
tbear99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
trying to help kid start in right direction he has helped me remove the head of the bulldozer and then put back on once machine shop was done with it.we also have rebuilt a deisel tractor so he will be on his way as long as i don't lose him to backyard mechanics that don't know what they are doing.At first he didn't understand cleaning all the tools and putting them away in between jobs and then just to get them back out on next job.But easy to find tools if in their proper spot

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
pictures are wonderful, we do it all the time. especially on big projects where over a matter of a couple of days you kinda forget the small things.

The one time I was most grateful for pics was when we had to pull the power pack out of a pushback (aircraft) tractor. the engine (detroit 8v92) and the allison transmission are side by side with a gear driven gearbox between the 2. it comes out as one assy.

we had to send it out cuz of the massive hole in both sides of the block (never did find # 7 piston).

took over 6 months for the rebuild place to find a block and rebuild everything. with over 20,000hrs on the tranny we had them overhaul everything.

well, needless to say over the timeframe we all forgot which line went where etc. it saved our bacon and alot of time with the pics.

on the side note, we still had to pull the pack back out again (twice actually) since nothing on the engine was torgued and the tranny leaked like a sive, what do you expect for $34K.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I have spent years as a diesel mechanic and now work as a Service support tech for a major forklift manufacturer. The use of digital photos and email has revolutionized the way we do buisness.

It's great to be able to have a tech in the field snap and send a few photos, or me to be able to do the same for him.
They truly are worth 1000 words.
Andy

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I work for a seed company. We are constantly sending photos of plants and veggies to pathologists and others in the company to solve problems. Digital photos have changed a lot of things. Often a quick look at a photo by an expert solves a problem that would takes weeks to figure out otherwise.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The local Toyota and Honda dealerships take pics when you take in a veh for a repair estimate and will e-mail them to you. Saves a trip in to approve the needed repairs. They provide very clear pics and shops can be trusted, here anyway. Certainly an interesting new service.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 20 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,051
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.