Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rost495
You gotta stop by on the way through with one of those timneys... I keep hearing but have yet to feel a good single stage version.....

The best part of it was the installation. Unbelievably easy.

Anytime Jeff. Next time I'm through I'll try to get a hold of you and put the rifle in the truck.

Now, you shooting competively I'm not sure if "good" to you is "good" to me.

That said, I'm very anal that my triggers break light and clean. One you shoot a light trigger that breaks clean, you'll never be able to shoot anything else.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
On an AR-15, there is more to a trigger than breaking light and clean for competition.

First off, it must be dependable, the last thing you want is to have it go auto.

On an AR, I like the two stage and I have set up my match rifle to 2 pounds on the first stage and a few ounces on the second stage. This way, I can trip the trigger without disturbing the rifle. Yes, the trigger is not legal for SR matches, but then neither is the rest of the rifle.

Next, it needs to cut down on the lock time, the interval between tripping the trigger and the primer being hit. The Geissele is designed to cut down the lock time but it's still long compared to a bolt rifle. So it's important to have a good follow through.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Wanted to add. Since the OP did not indicate he was using it for competition (wanted a cheap alternative,) I suggested he stay with stock trigger.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Who says I am talking about competition?

My comments were directly related to hunting situations.

Last edited by GregW; 08/12/09.

- Greg

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by GregW

Yes, and my comments were directly related to a GOOD Trigger.

(When I said "World of difference", I meant it)

Bill C.-sbio
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A 3-lb drop in Timney single stage for me from here on out...

Have that one on me poodlebuster and it is nice!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

I don't know, who said you did? I specifically stated that my post was about competition as opposed to yours.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No issues...

You were replying to me so I assumed you were...

- Greg

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Karnis
A 3-lb drop in Timney single stage for me from here on out...

Have that one on me poodlebuster and it is nice!

Yes sir it is...

My JP is just as nice but is more of a hassle to get good. The Timney is where it's at for sure for a hunting trigger...grin..

- Greg

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
One of the things that is often misunderstood is usage. 5K rounds isn't necessarily 5K rounds.

What I mean is 5,000 rounds of HP isn't the same as 5,000 rounds of "tactical" (I use that word loosely) shooting.

I work in an environment that sees a lot of rounds put out of various AR platforms in very harsh firing cycles, and like FTR has stated, the "Match" triggers fail... Consistently. Though they may be better then most, even the RR two-stages fail. The Geisselle, Jard Non-Adjustable single stage, and the AR Gold, seem to be working fine for guys. As well I have heard very good things about Bill Springfield's trigger work.

It's all about usage, and not everybody's use is the same

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
No issues...

You were replying to me so I assumed you were...

I actually typed my answer in the reply box and that seems to use the prior post at the "reply to", even though I meant it as a general statement. I think in future I will just use say "All:" to mean general comment. I usually do a reply to with quote when I want to be specific.

Last edited by FTR_Shooter; 08/12/09.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Charles_A
One of the things that is often misunderstood is usage. 5K rounds isn't necessarily 5K rounds.

What I mean is 5,000 rounds of HP isn't the same as 5,000 rounds of "tactical" (I use that word loosely) shooting.

I work in an environment that sees a lot of rounds put out of various AR platforms in very harsh firing cycles, and like FTR has stated, the "Match" triggers fail... Consistently. Though they may be better then most, even the RR two-stages fail. The Geisselle, Jard Non-Adjustable single stage, and the AR Gold, seem to be working fine for guys. As well I have heard very good things about Bill Springfield's trigger work.

It's all about usage, and not everybody's use is the same

I should also point out that for every competition round fired, I have maybe 10 dry-fires. Well not as much any more, age is creeping in and free time just isn't as plentiful as it used to be when the days were 27 hours long.

Last edited by FTR_Shooter; 08/12/09.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
They're available out there FTR. Mostly from places that do not put them online. I picked a couple of them up not too terribly long ago from WOA, they weren't on their web site though.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Hound_va, that's good to know. I would like to know who has them because sometimes I get asked where to get these non-adjustable GA trigegrs.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Hound_va
The non-adjustable Geissele SSA can be had for around 170.00.

That's not bad for a quality trigger. Any reason from those "in the know" not to go with one of these??

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by Hound_va
The non-adjustable Geissele SSA can be had for around 170.00.

That's not bad for a quality trigger. Any reason from those "in the know" not to go with one of these??

Nope:) They are somewhat difficult to find though as a lot of vendors don't list them on the web so a phone call is often required.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just had Bill Springfield do the mod on my R-15 trigger. Have to say it is amazing, no creep, very crisp, about 3.5# pull. Probably the best $35 I have spent on gun or hunting stuff in almost 40 years...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 45 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,642
Posts18,493,259
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.