Print Thread
Hop To
D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Before too much more water has run over the dam I am going to have to look into Medicare and health insurance.

Anyone here have supplemental insurance with Part B Medicare - ? I'd be interested in hearing with which outfit and the good, bad and ugly.

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Darby, My wife and I went with the Physicians Mutual supplement. Great coverage. Have yet to see a bill and they will cover things that medicare dosen't plus it's accepted nation wide.

Do your research and find the plan that will work the best for you. If you travel make sure the plan is accepted in areas that you frequent. If you have a senior center in your area check with them. They may have staff that can assist you in your search.

Don't forget that you'll also need Part 'D' drug coverage also.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

We have Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Plus and it has been literally magnificent.

Basically, we temoporarily signed over our Medicare privilages to Blue Cross and they pick up a huge amount of that not covered by the original Medicare plan. As far as the doctors and hospitals are concerned, we simply show our Blue Cross card and everything works as smooth as silk.

Before we bought a suppliment, I took the time to visit each of the doctors and hospitals we normally use and asked them, "When we switch to Medicare, which suppliment card would you like to see when we arrive in your care." Basically, I wanted to keep the same doctors, hospitals and pharmacy as we'd always had and I wanted THEM to be happy with what we had.

The answer was Blue Cross, Aetna or, believe it or not, Mutual of Omaha.

I would urge you to make a visit to your doctors and local hospitals and ask the same question.

I've been on Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Plus for two years now and Karen has been on it for a little over a year. We see almost no paperwork, pay very little whenever we visit our doctor and we are delighted with the plan.

The cost is, if memory serves, $118.00 a month, plus the Medicare deduction from our Social Security.

We retired at 49 years of age and had to carry our medical plans as individuals until age 65. The last year, our plans cost us over $800 EACH per month ($1,600++ per month), even with a high dedictible. Reducing that to a total of a little over $400 for both of us has been a Godsend.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another vote for Bluecross Blue shield. Like Steve says. Mine costs me 160 a month. However I have to date never been presented with an additional bill from a hospital or clinic or doctor visit. Did get one from an anesthesist (sp) one time but just called them and refered them to Blue Cross with a policy number and have never heard anything since. That was two years ago. In addition all my deductables are covered by the insurance.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm on Medicare and have supplemental Aetna through my former employer......regardless, physicians in Alaska don't want us as patients because of the administrative burden.

This could be coming to your area soon.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
check with mickey coleman, he was a state farm agent and can help. i work for them as well but my specialty is P&C and life insurance.

-Matt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (10gaugemag, 308ld, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 14 invisible), 1,671 guests, and 970 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,630
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.