N
Snake was cremated.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Morning pancakes anyone??

[Linked Image]

or maybe some of this after a hard day of hangin boards??

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
you're teasin me with dat ice cream.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Awesome pics Dave !! Boards look great !
Maybe sneak a crop on that one pic of weezy snoozing for her avitar here laugh

Love that " use a small caliber when shooting snakes in the outhouse "

Priceless grin

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
never bring a shotgun into the out house.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
my grandma had a ceiling in their old farm house that had straw stuck to it, I forget what they used, but it was some kinda plaster and they took handfulls of straw and pressed it to it, after it all fully cured they cut the hanging strands off with a scissor, looked pretty unique and rustic. lasted for years and years, not sure how long since they moved about 20 years ago, and did it to the den in their "new" place (back then), and its still looking like it did the day they did it.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
never bring a shotgun into the out house.

tis the only quick cure for Monkey Butt.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
problem solved. grin always use a small gun when shooting in the out house...

Whaaaat did you say? I caint hear yah. grin

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That was a High Standard "Double Nine".Do you have both .22 and .22 WRF cylinders for it?Those are bringing a nice penny these days.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh I sure wish I had a WMR cylinder for it. That would be awesome. I bought it as just a LR, not sure this one was originally a convertable. Sure would be cool though.

I actually have another one of these in the nickle finish, it's well worn so I don't break it out very often. My dad bought it new.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave,

Excellent job on those boards. It looks amazing.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well I am glad my nagging finally got you going. It looks good....but I cant help but see you got the boards in the wrong order. Maybe you should pull them off quick-like and put them on in the right order this time, eh?

Here is the latest Caringbridge update on Cole. They are starting to get into a small routine I think. Cole had terrible jaw pain so they had to put him back on morphine. Here it is:

I just want to write to all of you parents out there. As I watch Cole sleep right now he looks so healthy but we all know that is not the case. I think I took having healthy kids for granted these past 4 years. I would always ask God to protect my kids and keep them healthy in my prayers but I think it became too routine. When you have healthy kids it is easy to take it for granted. Just remember to truely thank God for your children healthy or not.
My entire life, since I was a little girl my dream was to be a mom with 3 kids, a loving husband, a nice house, and a mini van.(Jon won't give on the van)! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have a child with cancer. I guess things were going along too perfectly. I'm praying this is just a bump in the road and in time everything will be back the way it was. Jon and I were talking about how bad we always felt for other families we knew that had sick children but you never think it is going to happen to you.
To my fellow stay at home moms:
We always use to wonder if it was worth it. Well, now I can answer that, YES! I would give anything to be back home at 5:00 pm with supper burning, the phone ringing, the dog eating Allie's shoes, Cole chasing Allie down wanting to kill her and Brady with a dirty diaper smiling at it all. So, even though it's hard more often than it's not, enjoy it!
Sorry this message is kind of corny but Jon's at the Twins game and Cole is sleeping, so I'm a little bored.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Keeping Cole in our prayers. We too hope this is a bump in the road and utimately he will beat this.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm sorry to hear about Cole. I sent you a pm. I thank God EVERY day that I have healthy kids. I don't think i'd want to live if they got sick like that. I don't think I could take it.

I've been thinking about Cole every day since we heard about him last week. Is there ANYTHING we can do for him? I don't like this one bit.

Last edited by tzone; 08/25/09.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I can't possibly start saying anything else before saying I'm praying as will be my family for little Cole and your family, Very Sorry to pop in for the first time in months and read this. You are not alone in this with your son and many will be praying with you for him.

Your message so deeply touched me as I've already begun to take having a couple of kids health once again for granted. I've been there to some degree with you only months ago I teared up on here while typing about my kiddo who now seems it was simply a bump in the road. I'm getting teary eyes again thinking of what your going through and will be praying this is simply a bump in the road for you all as well.

Sorry I've been gone again for so long guys, things have changed at work and I never have time for the daily chat from there anymore. Here on the home front I just finished the stain on the front lastnight and caulked all the cracks tonight on the new siding, in the middle of that and siding the back of the parents house and trying to fish if not on the mower. I know it doesn't sound like a great excuse and it isn't...

13 hour work days on the job, 3 hours a night at home of working though and wabo is beat. I fall asleep anymore when I hit the pillow! Not complaining though this has been a WONDERFUL summer for me, kiddo and I do many things as a team. The older she gets the more she helps me moving ladders, tools, wood, the kids and I we fish, we wrestle, we play ball, ride bikes we have done it all this year. Hunting season is in the air again, I'm rushing to finish all my projects now. I need to read back ALOT... Praying for Cole and his family and all of you, no I haven't forgot just been a busy bee...

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Made it back to a months worth or 30 pages worth. I see All of you are busy this summer too, kiddoThunder is also learning how to drive here. Runswithsharpobjects is not alone.. LOL... Dave your family is growing up before my eyes and the preacher now has a preachin rock. LOL.. The Camp looks GREAT!!! TZone,Stan and all you others looking for old fords,45-70's and boats now I feel right at home, Cause I'm looking too.

Wabo who needs to get up in 4 and 1/2 hours better hit the sack, checking back SOON.. Nice to see you ALL of you keeping the fire going at chickenbuck, my prayers are with you Cole. Good night to one and all..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
WABO<You have been busy and you have been enjoying your children.Both of these are good.Your input here has been missed.Welcome back.
Remember the most important things in your life in order of importance are the three "F's".Faith,family and fun.
Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wabo, good to hear from you and glad that all is well with you and the family.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
barettaman please do let us know if there is anything we can do. The little guy & his family have everyone's prayers & thoughts. I think that goes without saying, but if there is anything more, something to brighten spirits, i don't know, but if you think of anything please let us know.

Wabo, where you been??

Good to hear from you, sounds like you are spending your time well.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Great to hear from you wabo. Glad to hear things are going well. I won't be on as much either, we're a man down here at work, school is starting, house projects, oh yeah, there is that hunting thing too. smile

Looking for old fords, whatch lookin for? I got one but it will be a project for sure. It keeps me out of Gander Mt though, because I need to spend the $ on truck parts, not gun parts. Northern_dave found a tree huntret for me though, and that don't help matters.

Don't be a stranger wabo.

T

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh shoot i keep forgetting to check on that rifle for you Tom, I'll try tonight if i get time.

Something clever here.

Page 217 of 1,842 1 2 215 216 217 218 219 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.