I posted this on anothr forum and have drawn a blank thus far.

A while back I picked up a Browning O/U shotgun. According to the serial number it starts with L13 (which says it is an 802 ES) PM (made in 1980) 07xxx.

The gun has 28" barrels, 2 3/4" chambers, fixed chokes, I/C & I/M, the extra wide 5/8" rib like on the broadway trap models. There is no rubber pad, just teh hard plastic Browning butt plate.

Barrels are blued, reciever appears to be chrome or nickel, it really doesn't look like stainless steel. The engraving on the receiver is the same as on the blued brownings from that era. The trigger is silver and checkered. On the left side of the barrel just ahead of the receiver it says:
Browning Arms company Morgan, Utah & Montreal P.Q.
Fabrique Nationale Herstal
Made in Belgium

A tad further back following the word Herstal is the word Chrome.

On the opposite side of the barrel it just says Patent Pending and right below that Special steel 12 ga. shells 2 3/4"

I have done a lot of searching and every 802 ES that I have been able to find had replaceable chokes and blued receiver. The ones that mention shell length say 3".
I am really curious as to just exactly what this gun is. It is a fast handling gun and would be a delight in the upland fields and that is why I picked it up. I haven't weighed it but it is a little lighter than your normal browning. I'm guessing around 7.5 pounds.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this. Sorry I can't post a picture of it.

edited to add that it has a schnabel forearm and the butt plate is the same as the one in this picture that says Browning on it. The fifth from left.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=446