-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I just bought a new 2009 Ford F250 Super Duty and I want to have the bed sprayed With either Rhino Liner or Line X, Anyone on here have any opinions for or against either of these liners?? Any info is greatly appreciated.

HUNTERS, THE ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY!!!
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had two Line-X's and think they are fine for hiding scratches, but they are slick and I ended up putting a rubber bed mat on top of it anyway.
The first time I put some steel wheels in the bed and drove home with them, I could see they would beat the heck out of the sides of the box, and I had to slow down and drive accordingly.
My last truck only got a rubber bed mat, and I have no regrets about not Line-X'ing it.
For me they are a waste of money.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like the Rhino liner. I scratched the heck out of mine hauling some sharp metal. they fixed it 4 years after I bought it. No questions asked.

That said, I've never owned a Line X, but they didn't seem as tough when I decided to go with the Rhino.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had both and kind of like the Rhino better than Line-X. They're both great liners, but the Rhino is more soft and tacky then the Line-X and offers a little better traction if you need to get in the bed.

What you need to look at, though, are examples of your local franchisee's work. The current Rhino Lining franchisee in my area does absolutely atrocious work. The liner is extremely inconsistent, with very thin areas where they shouldn't be and overly thick areas where it's not necessary. There are obvious runs and imperfections in the finish and an overall amateurish look. I had Line-X applied to my current pickup and have been pleased with its overall application. It's obviously harder than Rhino, but the franchisee does a MUCH better job.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had a Rhino liner in my 02 F-350 since I bought it new, and it has held up well. I think it has one slice in it that does not go all the way through, from a sharp piece of metal on a shelf rack I was hauling. It has changed color a bit, even though it is inside a shell - just looking dirty, even after being washed and scrubbed with a broom. Mine was a dark gray to match the truck.

We just had our toy hauler roof repaired (some dry rot and leaks) and had them spray it with the white Rhino liner and a UV top coat. Half the price of a new rubber roof and a great guarantee.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've done quite a bit of internet research on this myself on various truck related forums and have decided to go Line-X for my Tundra. Of course now I may have to wait a while to have it done, my wife is on a spending binge redecorating our house.

Weiners are health food - My dad
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I went with Line X on my Tundra. No complaints at all.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,546
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.