Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 219 of 1,842 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
39 here this morning. Fall is in the air.

I've started buying some of the needed items for this years hunt.I'm the official "keeper of the lists" and buyer for the camp. Our camp couldn't function without the lists. We break the lists down as follows: "Buy, Bring, Don't Bring".

I also plan the menu which is the hardest as it has to be flexible. Did Rick get an Elk this year? Did AJ get any pheasants in SD?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
it was a good weekend at chickenbuck. It was nicer weather than we expected so as a result, we were forced to play outside all weekend, board fitting will wait till next time grin

we noticed on the way into camp a set of tracks. I'm not a bear hunter so I don't know how to judge size here but I know I've seen larger tracks, must be kind of a young black bear?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

i didn't take a lot of pictures of the weekend. i do have a few though. here's some of the kids with there marshmallow sticks by the fore on Friday.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

there was a duck in the little pond by the cabin, we're thinking he has something wrong with one of his wings. The kids were feeding him all weekend. The youngest of our troop named him "moonlight"

[Linked Image]

here's what we had cooking on the grill while we were out playing all day on saturday. Big pork roast with veggies. cooked for around 6 1/2 hours.

[Linked Image]

berry pickin yesterday

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/Picture142.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/Picture144.jpg[/img]

couple of goofs with there feet burried in the sand.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/Picture138.jpg[/img]

and some trailside bike repair after being out on a little ride & picking yet another 5 qt pail of blueberries.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/Picture146.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice dave, lester and I just about stopped out yesterday. We were out cutting some wood for the weekend coming up. I told him that you already had a pile for us to just back up too. We drove by the chickenbuck, what a beautiful day in the forest. We also saw 2 nice bear up north where we live. one even stood up and pawed at us. that was pretty cool. We even looked for some berries too. not real hard though.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Cool here this morning huh Buschpilot? I saw 42 before i left for work this morning. Sounds like it was a little cooler in WI were Bill is.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
41 here yesterday, today it was 49. Sure is nice to feel that cool air. Lauren and I got out crappie fishing with the neighbors and we kept 20. Nice eaters, 10"-11". Nothing very big, but great eatin'! The surprising part is that we caught most of them in a lagoon in 3 feet of water filled with weeds. The water temp in there was, oh, I would say in that 180 degree range. I was worried they wouldnt taste that good, but they were great. couldnt tell the difference.

Quick Cole update: he is starting to be sick. He cant eat and is throwing up some. BUT, it sounds like they are going to come home this week for a recovery week. That should help them/him.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pics as usual Dave. Looks like the family had a great weekend. How long does the blueberry picking last up your way?

That pork roast sure looks great too.

Surprised we were cooler than you this morning. Your usually a 5 to 10 degrees cooler than we are.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had a quiet weekend.Great pix Dave.As usual all at Chickenbuck had fun it looks like.
It's going to be cooler here this week.Supposed to be in the high 70's until Friday.A welcome respite.I love Fall and always have.I just feel better in the Fall.Dunno why.Always have.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I had 39 on my way to work this am....finally. I love this type of weather. smile

Beretta, sorry to hear about Cole. Still haven't heard anything from Ty on donations. I'll keep bugging him, they're going to start playing soon, hopefully he can get you something before then.

That bear track looked plenty big to me. Bears like me for some reason, they always want to come closer for better look. crazy

We found a nice big patch of black berries that the bears didn't hit yet, so we picked for quite a while. They we ate them on the way home. damn fine eating.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
we had 30 yesterday up in baudette and 35 on saturday. this weather is just great! gonna make for a great fall, even had a couple ruffed grouse in the yard the other morning. Sure looked tasty

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
gonna make for a great fall, even had a couple ruffed grouse in the yard the other morning. Sure looked tasty

They looked tasty? You should be showing us a pair of birds in a crock pot. grin They ARE tasty. smile

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Did you save me any of those black berries? grin I may have to take a ride and check out one of the old places we used to pick at. Might luck out.

Tom, I sent you a PM on a 35 Rem.

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 08/31/09. Reason: Add more comments

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Got it Thanks Bill.

I could show you the blackberries, there were plenty of red ones left.

I'm really looking for a .35 in a 760/7600.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
do you have any plans of bear hunting up there this fall?

I suppose there isn't a season that overlaps with deer is there?
they do that in colorado, thats how I got my bruin last year. reminds me I need to call the taxidermist, he's taking forever on my rug

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't. but I'm thinking about it next year. Gettig a tag here in WI takes forever. MN you pretty much get one. Baiting would be the only issue for me, I'd have to get somebody to do it for me.

My dad might do it for me, but that's not really his thing.

I think it ends in mid October there. Not sure though, haven't been keeping up on bear in MN.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tzone,
The gun shop where I work part time has a 7600 in .35 Rem.He will ship.
Stan

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 08/31/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hhhmmmm.

Pm sent.

Last edited by tzone; 08/31/09.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That is why this is such a great site. You get the word out that you're looking for a guy, and you get pm's, e-mails, the whole shabang in just a few hours.

I'm REAL interested Stan!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Stan,
Do you ever see a Beretta 390 in a 20 ga down thataway? I will be in the market for one next year after we get the house built.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
beretta schmetta, who uses those things anyway. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
um, well, um, I do! And damn proud of it, too. It may be old and a bit nicked up here and there, but I love my 390. grin

I would like to find a nice used 390 20 ga for the kids. Or maybe two of them. THey will only get one shell for awhile, but for the girl in particular, it is a lot softer than a pump or single shot.

and what is it you ply the fields and forests with, Tzone? hmmm, a sears roebuck perhaps? laugh

Page 219 of 1,842 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 11 invisible), 1,455 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.