Print Thread
Hop To
Page 220 of 1,842 1 2 218 219 220 221 222 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
um, well, um, I do! And damn proud of it, too. It may be old and a bit nicked up here and there, but I love my 390. grin

I would like to find a nice used 390 20 ga for the kids. Or maybe two of them. THey will only get one shell for awhile, but for the girl in particular, it is a lot softer than a pump or single shot.

I like the 20ga 390's, but the forearm on the 12's feel like a club to me. They just don't fit. I'm a fan of a 20 over a 12 for all things shotgun anyway.

and what is it you ply the fields and forests with, Tzone? hmmm, a sears roebuck perhaps? laugh

Amost...grin, a Remington 870, in 20 ga. It looks like hell, but is an extention of my arm. Beat up old sucker that thing is, but I wouldn't sell it for a $1000.

never mind, yes I would. grin

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Glad to hear Cole and his family may get a weekend at home.. Prayers for him and his family from here, thinking of them often.

My Bro In Laws cousin who was a grade ahead of me in school I haven't spoken with him for almost 20 years as he moved away to Co. I had no idea of how to contact him, we ate lunch together all through school and partied together some, he was a Good friend then. Now it makes me sad to find out he passed away from Cancer over the weekend at the age of 39! His family lost thier Mom only 2 years ago and his 20 year old nephew now has H1N1 or whatever they call swine flew. They have been hit pretty hard Please say a few prayers for Dale and his family.

Me I had Alot of time to think about all the people in the world over the weekend that need a miracle. As I was nailing and sawing siding for the house I thought of that, my family and those here who have helped me along the way.

Sawing and nailing up one of my dreams is a peaceful relaxing thing with my wife and kids helping gave me time to relax. At some point I'll remember how to post pics for now I tell ya Dave thanks to this thread I learned alot about t111 and lumber like it. My house resembles Chicken Buck pretty closely I owe you guys one!!! Finished staining side 2 last night and side 3 gets sided this weekend or next, depends as they have to special order what I'm putting on.

By the way I gotta call ya dirtbag as you get to elk hunt yet again and I'm working again.. Keep up theGreat job of living to the fullest!!!! Told the wife and I may be just getting enough done this year to seriously head west once again next year myself.

Aside from some polish all I need now to make me happy is finishing the job on the house before deer season, I'm working on it. One more weekend and I'm calling it Good enough for this summer, the back of the house can wait for the facelift. Sipping some Buffalo Trace shortly that helps too..

Movie trivia time since we all seem to like the old time stuff has anyone seen the movie the Bear? Two guys chasing a Big Grizz in B.C. around 1895 or so, some silly parts but WOW it would have been FUN to be that carefree...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom,I answered your PM.I'll get back to you tomorrow evening with more information.Incidentally that 7600 is a .35 WHELEN,not a .35REM.
Berettaman,I don't recall seeing any Beretta 390's buty I'll keep my eye out for you.
Just for the record,after many years of owning all kinds of pump and auto shotguns I now own and hunt with ONE.It's a 12 gauge single barrel Marlin Model 200 that I bought about ten years ago at a KMart for $79.Great gun.Of course I'm a bit of a single shot nut anyhoo.Love that shotgun.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks Stan. Doesn't matter if its a Whelen or a Rem. I'd still like to get the info from it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sorry to hear about your cousin Wabo.

I remember hearing about the movie, but never saw it. m

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, go for the Whelen. Best if you reload for it as factory loads are limited. I'd load up some 225gr and never look back.

My son's moose dropped in it's tracks when he hit it with a 225 gr. Barnes at 225 yards from his Rem 700, 35 Whelen.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here is an update on Cole. He is in his recovery week, but the side affects are starting to ramp up. I cant imagine how scared he must have been from hallucinating. And to ask his dad if he is going to die? Wow. Here is his latest Caringbridge update from his mother:

Sorry, I didn't write because Jon had the computer and he was back home. Yesterday was okay but today is worse. This is really hard for me to deal with. I thought each day out from raditation would be better but appartantly not. I sent for Caden (Cole's best friend) thinking Cole would be really ready to play today. Caden got here and Cole has been too sick to play today. Cades is going to stay tonight, I pray that Cole will be up to playing tomorrow because I know how badly he wants to and how much it helps! Yesterday Cole had hallucinations from a medicine they gave him. It was the hardest thing for a mom to experience. He screamed and cried for a half an hour that scary things were flying at him and begged me to make it stop. All I could do was hold him close. After that he passed out for about an hour. Needless to say we won't be using that medicine again. And today he asked Jon if he was going to die. This is all way too much for a 4 year old to handle. My strength is fading fast and I am really starting to question God???? All I can do is pray that tomorrow will be bettter.

Did everyone hug their kids? If not, better get on that. Thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers, it all helps.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Berettaman,

I am so very sorry to hear about what is happening with Cole. The nightmares he is having are truly heartbreaking. He will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.

One of my wife's best friends has a mother (really a 2nd mother to my wife) who went through cancer and Chemo. She's been cancer free for years now, but both the Chemo and meds made her awfully sick. It seems to get worse, before it gets better. Don't lose hope. He -CAN- get better.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Did everyone hug their kids? If not, better get on that. Thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers, it all helps.

I have been watching the caring bridge daily regarding Cole and his family. My heart simply cries for them. Having a son almost the same age and watching him with all his energy, enthusiasm and adventures just reminds me how things can change. BUT I am praying whenever they cross my mind and heart. God does wonderful works and He can bring them thru this. Prayers and good thoughts will continue from Camp Chickenbuck.

"I'm not crying!!"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You know, I should mention what I consider to be good news. Jon, Cole's dad, is the builder for my house. He is looking at starting on Sept 14th or the 21st. Now to me, this is way more important than just starting my house. It will get Jon involved in something away from the hospital and maybe, hopefully, create a small bit of normalcy in their lives. I dont think you can live in a hospital for a year with that kind of stress. It will be soooo good for at least him to think about 2X4s instead of chemo, if just for a little while. Carly does have a great support network, so she will pull through. It all happened so fast; we arent even a month into this yet.

Thanks everyone. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming; talk about weatherbeaten boards and old Fords, wishing for guns and pinching your wife's buns, picking blueberries and ND missing an easy shot at a big ol' elk. grin

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

K
K
That's some pretty amazing performance for a .30 cal pistol round. wink

Originally Posted by Gadfly
I'm thinkin' about getting a new one a guy down at the barbershop told me about. Said it was a 7.69 x 32 Russian. Said the Commies developed it during the cold war and it would shoot as far as you could see, and that the cheap commie surplus ammo could penetrate tank armor! Oh yeah, they tumble when they hit flesh, so you don't need soft points to kill deers and such. I gotta get me one! grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
tzone, you have pm.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I hate this. I pray every day for a little boy I've never met. This makes me SSSSOOOOOOO thankful that I have healthy kiddies.

I hope he gets better soon, a little boy does not deserve this, not one bit.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks Stan. Sent ya one back. Thanks for checking for me Stan.

A
A
The bond between us is strengthening and it is helping me deal with the loss as much or more than it could possibly be helping him.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Are you a real poster archery or did you just quote me so you could plant your business link in here?

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow, that takes a stainless steel set to do something like that. I just crossed that business off my list to ever buy something from. so nobody else hits his link, it is to an archery shop in Indiana. Draves.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah I checked it out too.

too bad.

a little introduction & some small talk goes a long ways.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He's just another FIB from E'n ham IL.

Could have started your own thread dude. I may have looked at your site with some seriousness, 10 seconds is all it took to figure you for a phony.

Looks like i was right again.

Oh yeah...THE BEARS STILL SUCK.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
"Ignore" works great.

Page 220 of 1,842 1 2 218 219 220 221 222 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 56 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.