Print Thread
Hop To
Page 221 of 1,842 1 2 219 220 221 222 223 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Wow, that takes a stainless steel set to do something like that. I just crossed that business off my list to ever buy something from. so nobody else hits his link, it is to an archery shop in Indiana. Draves.

Was never on my list, but never will be now. The link I clicked on was from IL, so if there's more than one on there, that says all I need to know.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the ex called me this morning saying our son was very ill and wouldn't keep anything down, food or fluids, so I told her to bring him to the clinic immediately, ran out of class to meet them there, and he looks fine, he's happy to see me and plays with me while we wait, doc checks him out, says he has a cold..... nothing severe, just gave some tips on how to take care of it, and I added a couple she had forgotten.
I'm so sick of her running to the clinic whenever he has a sniffle. and making it sound like the world is coming to an end.
kids get sick, I know I did when I was his age, and I can count on one hand how many times I went to the clinic for an ailment. unless it was a broken bone or needed stitches, we didn't go (outside of check ups/shots). I needed stitches twice and had strep throat really bad 2 other times, my throat was bleeding and I had a high fever.
sorry for the vent, just pissed me off this morning

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Is that your first kid? We were like that a bit, or I was. We didn't go all the time, but called a lot. My MIL is a nurse, so we relied on her a lot.

With my son,(2nd kid), if he's still breathing, and councious, we don't go to the doc. He doesn't complain when he's sick either, so when he does, he usually means it. With my daughter, she always says shes sick when she doesn't want to do something.

I understand the rant though. Espically since you had to leave school to meet them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he is the first for both of us, but I have a nephew and niece and have a lot of friends with kids, so I know how it is. I do get very concerned when he gets sick, because its hard on a 1 year old, but doesn't mean I'll take him to the clinic. in my opinion the doc is only needed if you can't remedy the problem at home. to her the doc is where you go if the kid is sick, regardless of what it is.
different parenting I guess

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
On a different subject, 2 more days til early goose hunting in MN. Time for some Fajitas.

And I would highly recommend "the dangerous book for boys" my place is covered in snares and traps, and all kinds of things have yet to be discovered. We got that one and the Girls as well however my youngest daughter has hidden it away somewhere in her cave.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ours started here yesterday. There were people baning away by my place before I went to work, and I could here them shooting away most of the day while I was there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well Cole's benefit is happening a little sooner than I thought. I guess the situation (financial) is a little worse than I thought. Anyway, here is the details:

The Benefit will be:

Sunday, October 18, 2009

5 pm to 9 pm at Broadway Ballroom

Tickets can be purchased at Eko Backen Awards Plus - 1207 State Hwy 29 N - Alexandria MN - 320-763-3504
or Cullen's Home Center - 1620 N Nokomis - Alexandria MN - 320-762-1249
Donations can be sent to:
Friends Helping Friends LLC
PO Box 1218
Alexandria MN 56308

Silent Auction items can be dropped off at Cullen's Home Center

An organizational meeting will be held at Broadway Ballroom
Wednesday, Sept 9 at 5 pm. Anyone wishing to help with the benefit should attend.

>>>>>I will be at the meeting and will be working to get donations. If you can donate, or know someone or a business that may donate, any and all help is appreciated. If you do have or get something, you can either send it to me (3004 Crestwood Drive, Alexandria MN 56308) or send it to the above address and let me know what it was you sent so I can track it for you. I also need to know to send out thank yous.

Yesterday he felt well enough to ride his trike down the hall a little bit. So that is a good sign. first day in awhile that he has felt good enough to do that.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm workin' on some stuff for ya. Haven't heard back from Ty yet.

Call the MN WILD, i'm guessing they'll help you with something.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well folks. northern dave & tribe are heading for the black hills for the long weekend. little mini vacation.

totally unplanned, spur of the moment. I was geting out of the shower this morning & it hit me. Summer is over.

Last chance to get the wife & kids out, show them something new & have some fun away from home.

So, we're going.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Watch out for the buffalo. smile

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Have a safe trip.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dont forget to stop at Wall Drug. I think they have a sign or two up if I remember correctly.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
really? I've been through there a few times, don't remember seeing any signs.... wink

Something clever here.

A
A
It was not my intention to quote you, but I was just giving my thought and I never intend to promote my link only.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I thought for sure there was ONE sign. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe you will just have to guess which exit it is. confused

If you start thinking about it, say, around Sioux Falls, that should get you in the mood. Keep an eye peeled for that one sign though, it will help guide you in.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I don't mind being quoted archery, it just came across a bit odd as it was something I wrote way back when I started this thread.

It just looked like an empty quote with no comment or question pertaining to the quote.

it was a bit confusing, i don't think I was alone on wondering what it was all about.

Berettaman, I'll watch for that one wall drug sign, I hope it's big enough to read from the road....

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dave I'll keep you posted on the Bunk beds, I emailed them tonight letting them know how many I wanted, they should have enough, worst case I buy all they have left anyway laugh

have fun in the black hills!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,I hope you and the family have a great mini-vacation.
The weather here is unseasonably cool.Loving it.
If I disappear for a little while it's due to computer problems.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Dave I'll keep you posted on the Bunk beds, I emailed them tonight letting them know how many I wanted, they should have enough, worst case I buy all they have left anyway laugh

have fun in the black hills!

Ryan, that's great, you have no idea what a big deal that is. Awesome find!!

When we get back from SD we'll have to plan a road trip so i can come down & visit, & pick up those bunks if it works out.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Make sure to check out the Corn Palace in Mitchell. Just drive around it to see the murals (Made out of corn). Do not bother to go inside. Almost forgot, there's a Cabelas there too.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Page 221 of 1,842 1 2 219 220 221 222 223 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 1_deuce, 11 invisible), 1,455 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.