Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pete E
I would be happy to share supper with them and listen to their thoughts..

I would love to get over to Wales sometime, and Ireland and Scotland as well, for that matter. smile

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, and P.S. Don't assume that I necessarily share Barak's thoughts... wink whistle

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Oh, and P.S. Don't assume that I necessarily share Barak's thoughts... wink whistle

Penny

Not for one minute Penny, as I recognise a strong and independant women when I see one!

No, I think you and I have a different perspective on life because I am a some what cynical heathen! grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hi Penny!

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I think you and I have a different perspective on life because I am a some what cynical heathen! grin

Barak is simply... Barak. He's unique. I love, admire, and respect him greatly. He's absolutely the best man in the world for me. But he's not your "average guy" by a long shot... smile

Penny

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Hi Penny!

Hi, Pat! How's life been treating you?

Penny

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
TRH, my problem with the "rule of law" is that the Law is so damn... Plastic. It's malleable. It's situational, contextual, arguable... And in the end, the result is citizens ruled BY a bunch of laws, not laws constraining governmental power.

Because, who OWNS the law, practically speaking? The government in all it's bloated glory. A conservative government will apply the same body of law differently than a liberal government- which is proof of what I'm saying, right there...

It's putting the fox in charge if the henhouse...
When I say "the rule of law" I refer to something very specific. It's the opposite of the rule of men, i.e., it's the opposite of arbitrary rule where the law is whatever someone in power (at any given level) decides it is at any given time, and what is illegal can even change retroactively. Under the rule of law, any individual who's reached the age of reason can, if he chooses, be certain that he is not at any time in violation of any law, i.e., those who are in power are restrained by the law from acting arbitrarily.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I think a healthy dose of Blackstone and Locke are needed. I find it hard to understand someone who claims to dislike state intervention in their life, yet votes for the most fascist President we've had since FDR.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mike762
I find it hard to understand someone who claims to dislike state intervention in their life, yet votes for the most fascist President we've had since FDR.

Barak didn't vote for Obama, but maybe you're talking about someone else...

Penny

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I find it hard to understand someone who claims to dislike state intervention in their life, yet votes for the most fascist President we've had since FDR.

Penny
He's talking about JeffO.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
f it worked, Barak, somewhere in human history it would have worked. It hasn't. Empirical truth in the laboratory of thousands of years of human history calls BS on the theory.

Barakistan cannot work for one reason: human nature.

In considering living in Barakistan I think of a dialogue in 'A Man For All Seasons' between Cardinal Woolsey and Thomas More in which Woolsey asks More if he would rule England by prayer. More replied that he would try. Woolsey replys cynically, "I'd like to be there when you try." More desperately wanted an England as pure in thought and deed as himself but Woolsey knew how corrupt people really were. I think More knew it but wished it were otherwise.

Last edited by MColeman; 09/07/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Barak
We've already tried the whole Republic thing, and we've seen how it works and what happens to it. Other countries have tried it too, with the same result.
Yep, and we know from observation that houses (by the standard above) don't work either, so we shouldn't build them, and we shouldn't live in them. We should start living without any houses at all. I mean, after all, each and every house that has ever been built either has fallen, or inevitably will fall, into disrepair and then utterly collapse. Therefore we should all just live out in the open.

Nicely played, sir.

I still don't think it's worth it, though. I think the State is about to work itself into serious trouble, and I would much rather see it work itself entirely out of existence than be replaced by another.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only way it could be better is if their were two of me!

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Penny

TRH is correct, I was referring to JeffO.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think a healthy dose of Blackstone and Locke are needed. I find it hard to understand someone who claims to dislike state intervention in their life, yet votes for the most fascist President we've had since FDR.

"Fascism"?

Bush bailed out the bankers. McCain would have bailed out the bankers, and given the alternative, he would have pumped money into GM (necessitating a government stake). I guess under a broad definition of Fascism, they both would qualify. But that's a stretch.

Simply put, the R's are more prone to intervention in people's personal lives than the D's. You just don't see it because you agree with the interventions! smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by derby_dude
If as Hawk posted on another thread, we stuck in strong masculine energy so live with it, than other than just talking there is nothing we can do about our state of affairs.
You're speaking a language I'm not familiar with. Sounds all New Age like.

That said, it is human nature, for better or worse, that males dominate society. We are not spiders. We are vertebrates of a high order. The norm, with very few exceptions, for such animals is male domination.

Look at a gorilla or [bleep] community, for example. Look at a pride of lions. Males are more strongly built, and produce high levels of testosterone, which increases aggression and determination to dominate. A female dominated society would be an aberration in the extreme for human beings. Human nature is fixed in this regard. To the extend that a society encourages the opposite, that society is at odds with nature, i.e., perverted.

I don't know about New Age but I do think on a higher plane of consciousness than most.

I'm not talking about male and female (gender or sex) dominated society I'm talking about our spirit or life energy. Masculine energy, hot, aggressive or feminine energy, cool, passive, if we cannot balance that energy than we are doomed to constant wars and destruction. I would like to think that as a species that clams to be the top of the food chain we can find someway to balance our masculine/feminine energy to be more productive.

If we cannot, than as a species we will die off and there is nothing a God, Jesus or Goddess can do about it.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MColeman
f it worked, Barak, somewhere in human history it would have worked. It hasn't. Empirical truth in the laboratory of thousands of years of human history calls BS on the theory.

Barakistan cannot work for one reason: human nature.

In considering living in Barakistan I think of a dialogue in 'A Man For All Seasons' between Cardinal Woolsey and Thomas More in which Woolsey asks More if he would rule England by prayer. More replied that he would try. Woolsey replys cynically, "I'd like to be there when you try." More desperately wanted an England as pure in thought and deed as himself but Woolsey knew how corrupt people really were. I think More knew it but wished it were otherwise.

Moore did write the novel Utopia and coin the word.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I do think on a higher plane of consciousness than most.

LOL!!!

How could you possibly know what plane of consciousness anyone else thinks on? The only accurate thing you can say is that you yourself think you think on a higher plane of consciousness than you used to.

However, for all I know, your own higher plane is seven steps below my current plane........ wink

Last edited by Blaine; 09/07/09.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
VA, Barak is beyond help or salvation. He is stuck in the 70's. I can't believe you would give him fodder for his ideolological nonsense.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Barak is simply... Barak. He's unique. I love, admire, and respect him greatly. He's absolutely the best man in the world for me. But he's not your "average guy" by a long shot... smile

Penny

Penny,

I can no longer give the man the benefit of the doubt. I simply cannot respect someone who disrespects the troops as much as he does. In this regard is no different than any other sheep who despises the sheepdog--at least until the wolves show up................

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (270cowboy, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 264magnum, 51 invisible), 1,711 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,066
Posts18,521,520
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.