Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just got this picture and thought some of you might enjoy seeing the progress. This is the 1st stage of many to come.

[Linked Image]

Terry

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Terry,
I have been following this project with great interest. Teaser is not an adequate word. I really NEED some of these! Looks very nice.

John

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks John, things are shaping up.

Terry

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
More progress.

I've got a question. Do you guy's care anything about the process or do you just want me to wait and post pictures of the finished product?

Terry

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Naw..I'm good...I'll take TAKE one !!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So is this happening??

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rifle
Naw..I'm good...I'll take TAKE one !!

Rifle, I've got you marked down for 1 unit.

Passport, yes this IS going to happen. The builder has a hefty deposit and a order for 30 units, 29 will be sold on a first spoken for basis.

If you have PM'ed me or stated that you want one I have saved the info and you will be given 1st dibs. The price will be $135 plus $5 shipping. This will include a high polish tank blueing job. The 1st one (prototype) will be rust blued because the builder isn't setup for tank blueing. The rest will sent out for bluing. Guess who gets the 1st one? grin

This is going to be a one time around deal.

Terry

Last edited by TC1; 09/09/09. Reason: Can't type on an iPhone

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is the trigger slot cut to accommodate after market triggers like the RifleBasix?

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tod
Is the trigger slot cut to accommodate after market triggers like the RifleBasix?

Good question and the perfect time to ask it! When I sent him the rifle it went with a factory trigger and a Timney. Is the Rifle basix bigger than a stock trigger? Does the opening on the factory trigger fit the Rifle Basix?

Let me know and I will call him and pass the info on to him.

Thanks Tod!

Terry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm thinking I would like mine in the white? I going for color case...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B3

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I can arrange that but the bluer will be the one to polish these. It might be best to get a blued one and then clean it with some Casey Birchwood blue remover. Just a thought, We can do it either way.

Terry

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Rifle, I haven't had enough coffee yet. We can send it to the bluer for polishing and then have him hold it back and not blue it. I'm not thinking this morning.

I love the idea of color case hardening one. If mine was going on anything other than a varmint model I would consider it also.

You may want to float the idea to others. Usually it doesn't cost much more to get 5-10 done as opposed to a single one.

Terry

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i sent you a pm for one of the units.
thanks,
max

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shooter42
i sent you a pm for one of the units.
thanks,
max

I have you down for one.

I'll talley up the list tonight and see how are still avalible.

Terry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine is going on a Full-stock 452 and my gunsmith is going to clean it up a bit.He does a real good "old-world" CC,not has bright as Turnbulls,but kinda tasteful with niter-blue screws.

Come on America,

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sounds nice. I had set of scope rings done that way before. They where a nice honey color with accents of brown and green. I've also had some flashy CCHing done by Turnbull and like it too.

Terry

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tod

Tod, he say's the cut will be exactly the same size as the factory hole. So, if a Rifle Basix trigger will work with the factory guard it'll work with this one.

Terry

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We are at 12 units spoken for so that means there are 18 left. When they are gone it's over and done with. The builder should be finishing up the prototype soon so you will be able to see the finished product and make up your mind. but don't wait too long as I'm not in business and will not make any more. this was only a means to an end as I wanted one for myself. When they are gone they are gone.

Also, those who stated "I would buy one if it was this $XXX price" have not been counted in the total. If you want one you'll need to speak up.

As I've told all that have PM'ed me. No cash will be asked for until the units are ready to ship. I would just like to get as many commited to as possible.

Thanks,
Terry

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Terry,
Put TexasJohn down for three (3) units - the price doesn't scare me. I think you are missing the boat not producing more than 30 units. If you need some more capital just say the word. This is a product that Brownells would stock if they had a source. Have you priced Sunny Hill bottom metal lately?

John

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I hear ya John and a big THANK YOU! I didn't think the price was too bad either. Hell, I had bacon, eggs and coffee this morning and they wanted $10 for it plus I needed to leave the pretty young waitress a nice tip too. grin

Things just cost more than they use to.

Yes, there probably is a large market for this product at this price, I'm just not the man for the job. I don't think the builder would go for it either. He took the job but grumbled a little. It's money in his pocket but he has "promised" work, my rifle being one of them and has to do these in his off time.

We're down to 16 units now.

Terry

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1lesfox, 1234, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,714
Posts18,514,101
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.