Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
BTW - some of those things, I have seen. Others have been seen by some that I trust.

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The problem with unrestricted drug use and anarchy is both assume that people act in their own best self-interest and the interest of their neighbors. They don't, which is why folks prey on their neighbors and why gangs exist...a means of bad self-government when a just authority abrogates its responsibilty.

Thousands of crack-addicted babies are the result of drug addiction, and they have no voice or choice in their addiction. There is no such thing as drugs pricing themselves fairly here, or anywhere else, as a lot of the most addictive drugs (heroin, cocaine) come from outside the U.S. Which is another reason against a free drug-market economy.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Prohibition raises the prices far beyond anything like free-market levels, which provides all sorts of funding for heavy weapons, corruption, and murder. Kind of like in this country.
+++++++++++++++++

How will Barakstan create it's funding for heavy weapons to defend against it?

All of it would be perfectly legal in a free society; hence prices would be very low: no more making a rock of crack for a nickel and selling it for twenty dollars. Mexican drug cartels would sell their drugs and do their kidnappings and beheadings in the US where Prohibition gives them high prices; whatever drugs Barakistanis wanted would undoubtedly be produced in Barakistan very cheaply.

Adventurous Barakistanis might even sell drugs in the US, where they might possibly out-compete the Mexicans, since Mexican druggies have the overhead of having to buy Mexican politicians as well as US ones. Barakistanis would only have to buy US politicians.

A Mexican cartel could let you Barakstan squatters and dreamers have a few months to till the land just right and, within a couple days, POOF!....easy overthrow and a thank you beating for prepping the new drug producing fields of what will then be known as Malo Barakistano.

No Mexican drug cartel could take over even a decent-sized city--at least not without first corrupting its State officials. Barakistan would have no State officials to corrupt; corrupt judges and PPAs and such would simply be run out of business by uncorrupted ones.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
False conviction = appeal. Something that a private court would have no real desire to do (no money in it).

How so? I imagine a private judge would happily take whatever business came his way, whether it was an appeal or not.

There'd have to be some sort of traditional limit on appeals, of course, after which nobody would pay attention anymore. I think probably two appeals, for a total of three judgments, ought to work pretty well. If you agree to three different courts, and two or more of them rule against you, your case is pretty much dead, I'd say.

Watch out, though. You're new found friend in Barak will be upset if you start agreeing that the death penalty for his clientele is a good idea.

The State shouldn't ever kill its subjects for any reason, no; but if Smith offends against Jones, then Jones is the only one with the moral standing to determine what the punishment should be.

If he decides the punishment should be death, and he's willing to carry out that sentence and take the responsibility for it, then that's his business and nobody else's.

Unless it was perfectly clear to all and sundry that Jones A) was guilty, and B) deserved to die, though, and it probably wouldn't, it'd be an almighty stupid thing to do for Smith to kill him (or take much of any other drastic action against him) without investing in a judge's verdict first.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gene L
I was addressing Barak and O and anyone else who feels dope should be legal. And who feels America is waging war on "brown people."

Afghans are brown people.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Barakistan would have no State officials to corrupt; corrupt judges and PPAs and such would simply be run out of business by uncorrupted ones.
++++++++++++++++++++

What if the non-corrupt ones got taken in by one too many Freedom/Liberty crack festivals and meth parades and the corrupt guys were stronger and pounced on the oppurtunity?

I mean, the non-corrupt don't become corrupt inside this life-long siesta compound merely by exercising their liberty seeking right to smoke crack and meth all day, right? I mean, they have to do something really bad to become corrupt like smoking someone else's kid's crack without asking first,right? Am I getting the gist of it all?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barakistan would have no State officials to corrupt; corrupt judges and PPAs and such would simply be run out of business by uncorrupted ones.
++++++++++++++++++++

What if the non-corrupt ones got taken in by one too many Freedom/Liberty crack festivals and meth parades and the corrupt guys were stronger and pounced on the oppurtunity?

I mean, the non-corrupt don't become corrupt inside this life-long siesta compound merely by exercising their liberty seeking right to smoke crack and meth all day, right? I mean, they have to do something really bad to become corrupt like smoking someone else's kid's crack without asking first,right? Am I getting the gist of it all?

I'm not sure: I have no idea what you're talking about.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Barak
I was addressing Barak and O and anyone else who feels dope should be legal. And who feels America is waging war on "brown people."

[Linked Image]

Nope.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You'll get all that and more with the legal drug alchohol, along with health-threatening toxicity. (Yeah, I drink... grin...)

There are a couple (and there could be more invented someday) drugs that are, truly, as bad as the anti's would have us believe that ALL drugs are. I admit, as with most things philosophical, there's a grey area there, a fly in the ointment of legalization. Meth comes to mind.

But, most are fairly benign and possibly even beneficial in occasional use.

But that misses the point. Is this my [bleep]' head, my conciousness, my body... Or not? Is the State in charge of my conciousness, or am I? Do I have the right to do something unhealthy, or don't I?

How can someone be free, if the government asserts a right to control their conciousness?

As to the negatives, and they will exist, simply apply the same logic used with guns or cars. Plenty of death and mayhem comes from the ownership and use of those. Punish actual criminal acts, not the potential to commit same. Simple.

As to having sand in my mangina you are damn right I do! I'm sick of your bullshit. Come on, man! You are better than that. Stop using this place as your personal dumping ground for whatever it is that's bugging you. This is a forum with 10's of thousands of members. And YOU, sir, stand out as the single person most likely to be a rude arsehole to someone and ruin a thread.

I do, seriously, believe you are better than that. If you are- buck up! If you aren't- STFU! smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Want to clear out the prison population?

Murderers (capital, mass, serial, 1st degree, and 2nd degree) get the death penalty carried out within 18 months. Tops.

Rapists of similar stripes get the same thing.

Pedophiles of any stripe get the chair.

No more TVs in prison. No more nice comfy living. No more work for pay. Try chain gangs and road work crews.

No more conjugal visits. No more prison ministries, and charity BS, and hand-outs. No more prison colleges.

Any gang affiliation in prison nets you solitary for a LONG stretch.

Try that for a while, and see what the boomerang rate drops to.
I'm all for that.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem with unrestricted drug use and anarchy is both assume that people act in their own best self-interest and the interest of their neighbors. They don't, which is why folks prey on their neighbors and why gangs exist...a means of bad self-government when a just authority abrogates its responsibilty.

If one person hurts another, he ought to be prosecuted for it. Taking drugs hurts only oneself (except in the case of pregnancy, see below); selling drugs is a consensual business transaction. There's no moral or Constitutional basis for laws against either.

Thousands of crack-addicted babies are the result of drug addiction, and they have no voice or choice in their addiction.

How many drug-addicted babies were born per year before drugs were made illegal? The War On Drugs hasn't exactly improved that number, has it?

There is no such thing as drugs pricing themselves fairly here, or anywhere else, as a lot of the most addictive drugs (heroin, cocaine) come from outside the U.S. Which is another reason against a free drug-market economy.

Prohibition makes drugs artificially expensive. High prices attract suppliers from all over. Repeal Prohibition, and prices will fall. Suppliers who must charge high prices will lose business. Except for drugs made from plants not easily growable in the US, local markets will replace higher-overhead foreign ones.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JasonB
Ah, my feelers are hurt. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa............... If you don't like blunt, you certainly won't like me or quite a few others around here. Your call. Ain't gonna worry me a bit.

You aren't blunt, you chose to lie and I called you on it. There is a difference. How's that for blunt?

Find the lie you called me on.

BTW - your problem with the drug issue is that you're still in academia, likely as a student, and have ZERO real world experience with what drugs do. You haven't seen a sister shot in her face by her addict brother because he was having a bad DT day. You haven't seen kids sold into prostitution so Mom and Dad can get high. You haven't seen a child's eyes bitten out by an addict father. You haven't seen an infant with spiral compound fractures of both legs so bad he'll never walk, because boyfriend was DTing poorly. You haven't seen Mom's house burned down because the son (addict) was kicked out for being a thief and a user.

In short, you haven't a clue, and it's obvious.

The lie was about my new found friend.

Not in academia in any capacity so you reeled in nothing there either.

So what exactly are you babbling on about? Are you saying those kinds of incidents would happen if drugs were legalized? Since drugs are currently illegal the incidents that you speak of must be in theory?

So why don't you stalwarts of purity want a return to prohibition? Think you might start getting the shakes or what?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

[Linked Image]
No more than my Sicilian father.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
While I oppose Barak on the subject of anarchy, he's right on the money with regard to his libertarian position on drug legalization. It's being illegal is what makes it worth anyone's while to import it and "push" it in the United States. Also, people have a right to consume anything they like, no matter how harmful to themselves (such as trans fats, alcohol, or heroin), so long as they are held responsible for any crimes or torts they commit. For a real crime or tort, there needs to be a victim apart from the actor himself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

[Linked Image]
No more than my Sicilian father.

Or many of my Indian coworkers.

Still: brown.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure if I would find enough qualities in Barak that I would want him as a friend, but I am seeing enough out of you that you couldn't be
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You're an insolent little goob for a new boy, aint ya'?

As for Barak, I sure could. The fact the sky is a different color in his universe is what makes this world go 'round,youngster.

As for VAnimrod...he's been a buddy for a few years now and with 85% of your 100 or so posts bringing the art of stupid up to the next tier, I wouldn't get too over-confident anyone gives a rat's ass about your valley-girl cackling.

I'm figuring you for an 11th grader who came in 3rd with the football team's mascot tryouts who just likes hangin' out in the basement smoking stepmom's reefer!

You missed my age by quite a bit. And what is it with big government promoters (such as yourself) always claiming anyone that disagrees with them is in high school?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You have an odd way of classifying people, brown, non-brown...they're not brown to me, any more than Americans are brown.

As for drug addiction, the simple view that making drugs legal solves problems doesn't pay homage to the laws of supply and demand. When drugs are legalized, it pretty well stands to reason that the usage goes up. That's true with any thing of value...add to the supply, usage goes out the window. Econ 101.

Look at tobacco use, which is regulated increasingly over the yeatrs. Supply in the 60s, when about 70 percent of people used tobacco (I think it was 69% of all Americans) was high, taxes low, and usage spiked. When our government raised taxes and costs, the supply went down over here (imports went up overseas).

It's specious to argue otherwise. The price of de-regulating drugs is a much higher usage, and while the price MAY drop in a country where there is no regulation, that won't be the case...it would be like tobacco and alcohol, and now, even soft drinks are being looked at for "sin taxes." Higher taxes mean a different class of criminals, and dealers will still deal illegally to sell a cheaper, tax-free product, and make lots of money. At our ultimate expense.

Individuals may chose to use drugs, their choice, and few go to jail for simply using drugs. However, there is an ancilary sociatal cost for it, and nothing can change that. I don't care what a person does so long as it doesn't affect me and so long as it's somewhat moral, but drug use affects us all in costs of addiction. It's both a moral cost and a financial cost. I don't intend to pay for additional services for drug addicts that increase with drug usage.

Last edited by Gene L; 09/09/09.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have an odd way of classifying people, brown, non-brown...they're not brown to me, any more than Americans are brown.

Many Americans are brown.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I don't care for the use of hyphenated or prefaced Americans. That's my world, and may be as unobtainable as anarchy is for a governmental system (or lack thereof) but it's still the way I prefer to see it.

BTW, that photo looks photoshopped...the brown buy in front looks like his head has been pasted on.

Last edited by Gene L; 09/09/09.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by JasonB
Ah, my feelers are hurt. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa............... If you don't like blunt, you certainly won't like me or quite a few others around here. Your call. Ain't gonna worry me a bit.

You aren't blunt, you chose to lie and I called you on it. There is a difference. How's that for blunt?

Find the lie you called me on.

BTW - your problem with the drug issue is that you're still in academia, likely as a student, and have ZERO real world experience with what drugs do. You haven't seen a sister shot in her face by her addict brother because he was having a bad DT day. You haven't seen kids sold into prostitution so Mom and Dad can get high. You haven't seen a child's eyes bitten out by an addict father. You haven't seen an infant with spiral compound fractures of both legs so bad he'll never walk, because boyfriend was DTing poorly. You haven't seen Mom's house burned down because the son (addict) was kicked out for being a thief and a user.

In short, you haven't a clue, and it's obvious.

VADICKHEAD, I thought you were having your account deleted because you couldn't control your mouth?? You a liar too??

-Piss into the wind.
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 17,105 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,888
Posts18,538,442
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.