Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
O
If you are concerned with having members of the National Guard do airport security, go to the Anchorage Daily News web site <www.adn.com> and read about the two Alaska National Guard guys who showed up at the Cordova AK airport for security duty DRUNK. It was published in ADN on October 20, 2001.<BR>Ol Grouch

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sherry just flew out of Dallas Ft.Worth,(DFW), Sunday for Dulles in Washington. She said the guard was at DFW but didn't mention seeing them at Dulles. She carried one carry on bag and had no problems whatsoever. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's see...<P>They probably started off at the Reluctant Fisherman (nice hotel/lounge)for one beer, headed up to The Club for another, then down the road a block to the Alaskan Hotel for several, before stopping off in the Powder House for a bladder drain and refill, by the time they made it all the way out to the Mile 13 Airport they were sloshed!<P>Oh wait a minute! That's what we Coasties used to do on our nights <B>off</B>! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]<P>I did read the story in our local paper Ol Grouch. One busted down in grade, one forced retirement. Bad news all around. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] But no sympathy from me.

Brian

O
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I too have pulled a cork or two in those grog shops you mentioned. However those clowns were not off duty, they were at the airport reporting for duty. Nope, no sympathy from me either, except for us public who has to put up with and pay for such idiotic and irresponsible actions. String 'em up! Ol Grouch

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yesterday, CNN reported that on a SouthWest Airlines flight a guy forgot that he was carring a gun, and gave it to the Flight Attendant. Now how many of you guys that carry, forget you have it on? And how did he get past airport security in the first place?<P>Phil

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I can tell you how he forgot the ticket agent who listed him listed him as an LEO...<P>"law enforcement officer"<P>Toons

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This summer my fishing partner forgot his 38 in his suitcase. Airport security took him downtown in San Antonio,(he was flying home to Dallas from the ranch), his wife had dropped him off and left for the ranch. He spent one or two nights in jail while they checked him out. Cost him $2000 lawyer and his revolver plus court costs, fines, and several hours community service,(transfered to Dallas). Has to report to parole office once a month for a year at $40 a trip. Moral, don't forget to leave it at home! -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
This summer I had to deal with a ticket agent that had never checked in a firearm. After getting to brandish ... er I mean demonstrate that it was unloaded, I had to tell her that "no, I don't want this to be part of my carry on luggage".<P>Scott

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 2five7, 65 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,076
Posts18,521,761
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.